Thread: MotoGP

MotoGP

Fark, what a race!!! Just finished watching it now. Very exciting!! Much better than some of last year's offerings, although very disappointing from the Aprilias...... I'm sure they were much faster when they weren't real MotoGP bikes.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I couldn't believe it, I was sure he would get pipped to the line. Farken brilliant! Stood up and made a weird high pitched noise out of sheer excitement when I saw he got it hahaha
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Saturday night specials are back

loved it

Watched it this morning. Even though I knew the outcome beforehand it was an exciting race. Saw the interview with Danni about his arm pump issue. Could be his last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Fark, what a race!!! Just finished watching it now. Very exciting!! Much better than some of last year's offerings, although very disappointing from the Aprilias...... I'm sure they were much faster when they weren't real MotoGP bikes.
    no they were still down the back

Saw the Ducati's were good for 356kph down the straight. How soon till 400?

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Saw the Ducati's were good for 356kph down the straight. How soon till 400?
    I don't think they were that fast officially, just on what was coming up on the screen. Honda's fastest on 348 I believe. Still ridic. Yamaha's close to 10kmph behind. Ducati just behind Honda.

Honda showed 350 MM93
    yamaha were about 20 slower

Great race indeed... Moto2 wasn't half bad either!

Great ride from Dovi. I do love a Rossi win but couldn't help but be gutted for Dovi.
    Still, Ducati have to be happy with their form. Deff one to watch... Can't wait for the rest of the season.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Knew I didn't imagine 356kph. No mention of it as official record though.

http://m.autoevolution.com/rossi-win...ery-93840.html

Fark me!! That's quick...
    Was mad watching the Ducati/Yamaha drag race.
    The look on the faces of the Yamaha crew!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Great race!!!!!!

Finally got around to watching it. Twice. Epic stuff from both Dovi and Rossi... can't forget Iannone!!! Battling with Jorge in the last few laps can't have been easy.
    Hopefully all the races to come are this exciting.
    Me thinks from the way MM93 climbed back (like boss) its going to be a one horse race this season ...if he doesn't crash etc. Otherwise probably worth placing a bet for VR46 2015 champ!

Anyone see the "wings" on the Duc? Not sure I like where this is headed.

Banned
    Lorenzo still most metronomic rider of the top 3 with 1.5 seconds lap time difference across the race not inc first and last lap.
    Marquez 1.7 seconds and Rossi 2.0. (Jerez)

http://resources.motogp.com/files/re...df?v1_10f07686

It was a really boring race, unfortunately. Some are good, some are shit. Change the rules, I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. Change the rules, I reckon.

to what ?

Change the rules?? IMHO this is the best season in a long time... 3 races in and there's no clear favorite or even "best" bike. Honda looks vulnerable for the first time in the last couple of years, Yamaha improved enough to be a legit threat, Ducati seems to be on course to being once again a contender and even Suzuki is improving incredibly fast!!

We had the ONE boring race, I see no reason to panic.

Plus, we get a new tire manufacturer next year... that alone should bring a lot of change.

Just watch WSBK and WSS for good racing.

On this weekend too

I just don't like the two-tier system. Agreed that it's great that it's not just a Honda cup, or a Yamaha cup. But having a handful of 'top' bikes, followed down the back by the Open class, just kinda sucks, imho.

It has the potential to improve over the next seasons with KTM joining and Aprilia losing Melandri... Hahahaha in all seriousness though, it will always be about teams budgets. That's true to pretty much every form of motorsport and changing the rules is unlikely to change that.

I just don't like the two-tier system. Agreed that it's great that it's not just a Honda cup, or a Yamaha cup. But having a handful of 'top' bikes, followed down the back by the Open class, just kinda sucks, imho.
    they cant all afford or have access to full factory bikes, take you for instance, 1 day you will have enuf for a fast bike

Quote Originally Posted by WETTY View Post
    take you for instance, 1 day you will have enuf for a fast bike
    I'm saving my shekles

Banned
    Sachsenring's massive left-hander is 1.4km long !!
    and is 436 degrees in rotation
    Sachsenring Left-Hander.jpg
    Last edited by RIPPERTON; 14-07-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Banned
    ?

That's fricken awesome!! Not so good for the tyres though. They use the same tyres as Phillip Island at Sachsenring. I've used the asymmetric Moto2 tyres at PI, and they are tops!

Banned
    FIM busted Brad Binder to the back of the grid for having a dodgy ECU in Qual and he goes right though the field and wins by 3.3 seconds.
    Maybe they should have made him change the ECU back to a legal one for the race.

Yes ... I wondered the same ... was waiting to hear if scrutineering found anything untoward post race.

Banned
    Heres another spoiler for you Sicko
    Marquez crashed in qualifying and stole a photographers scooter to get back to the pits quickly enough to get on the dry bike.
    The mechanics were still swapping parts over when he got there but had enough time to get back out there and post a time.
    Seriously laughin my ass off.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvKCz_SXjdY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0CI8BS47Fc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTEZIJLMJZM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltl4C5Oulp0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oimmkDjOG-A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG4IxekLFvM

The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Glad I stayed up for that one - or should I say those 2

Banned
    Yeah he's never coming down now.
    It was a proper win though, out rode Marquez

Full credit to JM. He rode perfectly to the conditions. I can't help but think it's a bit Steve Bradbury ish but a wins a win he was defiantly the best on track

Banned
    Pol Espargaros bike gets Petrucci's right in the gearbox and clutch plates go flying.
    ARAGON.jpg

Was trying to work out what those rings were. Was a pretty hard hit

Banned
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1-Cq2xfGBc
    Watch Pols airbag go off at 15 seconds. Metallic elbow pads should also trigger bags.
    All day, every rider that came out pit exit took 3 good looks over his right shoulder, except Petrucci that time, and wham.

Standard Pol reaction, arms in the air looking for something to blame... Wow, that is some crazy footage!

In his defense he got up and went straight to check on Petrucci and then apologised.

Banned
    MOTO 3. Migno just caught Hererra chucking a huge mono down pit exit and points it out to his team buddy Bulega.
    Goes to show chicks arnt immune to larking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Some Trolls are calling fake on Rossi's leg break, its a long shot but here he is using a crutch....on the wrong arm.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by RIPPERTON View Post
    Some Trolls are calling fake on Rossi's leg break, its a long shot but here he is using a crutch....on the wrong arm.
    Actually that's the correct arm to load balance when you can start using your bad leg a bit with a single crutch ... ie when your good leg is off the ground 1/2 weight is on the broken leg and crutch ... been there done that

Google "using a crutch"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Actually that's the correct arm to load balance when you can start using your bad leg a bit with a single crutch ... ie when your good leg is off the ground 1/2 weight is on the broken leg and crutch ... been there done that

Google "using a crutch"
    Hmm yeah probable works both ways. He didnt seem to be in much pain after the race. I guess he must have been full of pain killers and the docs put his bones back together pretty well. Amazing he did the whole weekend without a single crash.

MotoGP TV producers are clowns. Missed the entire pole setting lap!

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    MotoGP TV producers are clowns. Missed the entire pole setting lap!
    That's cause Miller's transponder wasn't showing anything till the very end... they had no way of knowing he was on a fast lap

Yeah I watched it too thanks. Miller was setting laps where he was 2 seconds up in the first sectors ... blind eddy could tell he was worth watching for that last lap. Instead we had to watch a bunch of guys who were known not to be in the running and were filling low places. At least we caught the last 1/5th of the pole setting lap.

Thread Information