Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panigale 899 build

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is the prettiest build I've ever done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is the prettiest build I've ever done.

Pretty is such a Ducati word

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Pretty is such a Ducati word

When in Rome......

Looks like fun.

Looks sweet marshy, how did the pocket rocket go?
    Oh real men ride twins hehe

That looks sweet mate... How did it go?

What a great bike!! Very easy to ride, surprisingly fast, and very smooth. The handling was tops! It needs a couple of turns of preload on the rear, but otherwise it was great.

We only got one 'dry' session at the end of the day, so I took it out for half a dozen laps just to try it out. My only previous Ducati experience was a mate's 848 racebike a couple of years ago, and that thing felt like the front end and rear end were from completely different bikes (at the same time) and were connected in the middle by a hinge! I couldn't get off that thing fast enough.

The 899 was a revelation by comparison. Very nimble, lots and lots of ground clearance, and very sharp handling. Great brakes! Plenty of punch too, and the power builds very fast to a surprisingly grunty top end. It revs incredibly freely and sounds great! I don't know why you would buy aftermarket pipes for this - it's LOUD already!

The quickshifter was great, the gearbox was very light and smooth. Even the clutch, which feels very heavy in the pits, was unnoticeable once moving. Oh, and the dash is tops! Very nice to look at, and the tacho is very easy to read.

Oh no..... You're going to trade one Italian for another...

I was just about to ask you about the clutch... a mate owns one and loves the bike but says the clutch is the only let down. Then again, his is a roadie.

Looks awesome Nick great work

2015 MV AGUSTA F3 800
    2010 RSV4 FACTORY (TRACK BIKE)
    2007 KTM 300EXC

2005 CBR1000RR (TRACK BIKE SOLD)
    2004 KTM125SX (SOLD)
    2008 YAMAHA R1 (CRASHED)
    2002 YAMAHA R6 (SOLD)

One of the things I hadn't mentioned yet was that along with the missing dash, much of the dash plug was also gone! Which, seeing as you can't buy just the plug from Ducati, would've meant a whole new main wiring harness ($$$), but I've got a bit more ingenuity. After a bit of testing to make sure the dash was ok, and that all the wires were right, I hunted around the workshop through all my chaotic bits of wiring and old looms, and discovered that the larger of the two R6 ECU plugs is identical to the Pani dash plug! Happy days. Cut the plug off the spare R6 loom I had lying around, and after a rather long time with the soldering iron, we are back in business!

Thread Information