Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW ARDC day - 17 April GP circuit

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Ok, just called them... bad news all around. They no longer accept AASA on ARDC days. So much for getting a race license this year.
    Have any of the regulars had this mentioned to them in the past?
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

The ARDC Private Practice Track Days are open to road and race cars of all types, and are particularly affordable for ARDC Members.
    You must have a race licence to attend Private Practice. Licences from CAMS L2S, AASA Competitor Licence, and MA licences are accepted.
    It is an arrive-and-drive day, so simply turn up with your car and go!
    *Bookings for karts and motorbikes are essential
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Ok, just called them... bad news all around. They no longer accept AASA on ARDC days. So much for getting a race license this year.
    reason being?

You know what really pisses me off? Is that I even checked their website before putting my money down on the AASA... Now look at the requirements on their own website for the practice day on the 24th!

From their fb page....

PRIVATE PRACTICE: Please note that due to a late change in insurance policies, AASA Car Licences will no longer be valid at ARDC Private Practice. AASA Car Licence holders can purchase a one-day Top Car licence for $25, or apply for an annual CAMS L2S licence on the day for $115. AASA Bike Licences are still valid (along with MA Licences).
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    reason being?
    Just 'cause

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    From their fb page....

PRIVATE PRACTICE: Please note that due to a late change in insurance policies, AASA Car Licences will no longer be valid at ARDC Private Practice. AASA Car Licence holders can purchase a one-day Top Car licence for $25, or apply for an annual CAMS L2S licence on the day for $115. AASA Bike Licences are still valid (along with MA Licences).
    Dafuk... I LITERALLY just spoke to them. I even mentioned that it was for the bike group... Will have to ring them back apparently.

Ninja Edit:

They apologized and said it is a mistake on their Facebook page, AASA bike licenses also not accepted.
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 15-04-2015 at 03:03 PM.

So if you aren't a member at $135 per year you can pay $160 & an extra $35 for a MA one day licence per day.... sounds like mice n cheese.... still don't get why no aasa
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Spilly about to submit a form...
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

We're over the line, it's on!! Woohooooo!!

So if you aren't a member at $135 per year you can pay $160 & an extra $35 for a MA one day licence per day.... sounds like mice n cheese.... still don't get why no aasa
    Yeah, I might be a drop in on the day... just need to get over the frustration and HTFU a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    We're over the line, it's on!! Woohooooo!!
    Excellent ��

Ed you need to open the purse strings a little , MA licence is the only 1 to have

Marshy... assuming everyone uses an ma licence ..... Ed is on an aasa
    You get what you pay for. AASA is only good if you only do FX events. There's no $20 rebate at MEGA days either, or easy sign-on without filling in a one-day licence. You can't do St George rounds at the Creek (or Broadford) with a AASA licence either.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    You get what you pay for. AASA is only good if you only do FX events. There's no $20 rebate at MEGA days either, or easy sign-on without filling in a one-day licence. You can't do St George rounds at the Creek (or Broadford) with a AASA licence either.
    But up until now ardc days were included and maybe that's all a punter was looking for.. Eds point is valid. It may still be cheaper than going the ma route if you only do 1 or 2 ardc days and no mega days.

If ardc were clear up front then the decision may have been different... based on this I will be doing wacky in 24 th.....
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

I knew all that, Marshy. I don't intend to do many track days so there was no real benefit for me there... same goes for racing this year. My plan was to do ARDC days and maybe a couple of FXRRC/RYM days and for that, the AASA was the clear choice. So yes, I paid for what I wanted to get. What shits me is changing the rules in the middle of the year and not telling anyone or even updating their Facebook/website info. It's seriously not that hard.

If I'd known about this a month ago, I'd have obviously gone the MA route instead.
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 16-04-2015 at 05:52 AM.

To be honest, I feel bad about my comments. I too was unaware that AASA was no longer accepted by ARDC. I have no idea when they decided this, as the website still says it's accepted. http://www.sydneymotorsportpark.com....acticeapril-3/

On that basis, Ed's choice makes sense. It's more that the whole AASA thing in general shits me.

Just nimble it and move on ed

I'd like to know the reason for the change. Insurance or politics?

I'd strongly argue you should be allowed out because it still says it's accepted on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by WETTY View Post
    Just nimble it and move on ed
    HA!!

I'd strongly argue you should be allowed out because it still says it's accepted on the website.
    Meh... I know how that will end up. If I do go out there tomorrow I'll just bring my $35 for a day licence since there's no way in hell I'll get a MA till tomorrow

there's no way in hell I'll get a MA till tomorrow
    That's the beauty of RiderNet.... instant licence transactions, immediate print-at-home temporary paper licence etc. If you've held one before, I'd do that. Dunno about brand new registrations.

That's the beauty of RiderNet.... instant licence transactions, immediate print-at-home temporary paper licence etc. If you've held one before, I'd do that. Dunno about brand new registrations.
    Only 1 payment option with a $8.50 fee as you stated before
    What happened to Bpay and EFT
    I also noted it's a $5 CC fee for postage payment, they are not spending my money wisely enough to give them any more so I sent a cheque by post
    They wasted all our $$ reserves on Krusty the useless race promoter, now they have to charge us more to build them up again, it's about time they sacked themselves.
    I wonder if TON has been nominated for the new board ;-)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Someone please remind me what time these practice days kick off thx.

Quote Originally Posted by dadat178 View Post
    Someone please remind me what time these practice days kick off thx.
    Gates open farking early! But bikes are usually the last session in the rotation, so first 'on track' is about 10am. So your choice.... I'll be there at the crack, as usual, but some guys rock up heaps later.

Thanks Marshy. Good to know there's no rush.

got to leave Canberra 4;30am to miss peak hour :-(
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    got to leave Canberra 4;30am to miss peak hour :-(
    Sheeet! That'll be a long day...

Gates open farking early! But bikes are usually the last session in the rotation, so first 'on track' is about 10am. So your choice.... I'll be there at the crack, as usual, but some guys rock up heaps later.
    I am definitely "some guys "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSR is in da house:

Fuck this weather. That's me out until the end of May !!!

Frozen shoulder be damned, I can farkin ride!!!

Good to hear!

How did the shoulder hold up?

A little pain on the straight, holding on to the bars so I just hang my arm down by my side. Getting around the bike isn't quite as easy as before but I'm far from tip-toing around!!

Very good to hear mate!!!

A little pain on the straight, holding on to the bars so I just hang my arm down by my side. Getting around the bike isn't quite as easy as before but I'm far from tip-toing around!!
    happy days, really glad you had a good return, it's just like riding a bike

Thanks lads!! It's flippin awesome to be back...
    Picked the perfect day to test the wet bike too!!

Had fun, despite wet conditions, still able to test the rejetted flat slides and determine they are good, now where are those race entry forms... Good to meet a few from here.

Frozen shoulder be damned, I can farkin ride!!!
    So we head out for the first session (for us, which was about lunchtime). I'm on my 2013 Aprilia, with wets, traction control dialled up. Owen heads out a bit behind me. I'm tiptoeing around for a lap, and the whole time I can hear a bike riiiight on my back wheel.

Out of turn 2, on the first full flying lap, and that bike on my rear wheel goes whizzing past me, outside of T2 and inside into T3. I look over, then do a complete double-take as my brain struggles to calculate that it's OWEN roaring by me, in the wet, and only one lap into his first session since breaking lots of bones and ending up in hospital in November last year!!! On a bike he's never ridden before (Red). Faaark me. Lookout boys, HE'S BAAAACK!! Nice riding buddy; you've still got it

I couldn't catch him the whole session, as he is knee-down - in the wet. I've got video somewhere too.

Vids vids vids!

So we head out for the first session (for us, which was about lunchtime). I'm on my 2013 Aprilia, with wets, traction control dialled up. Owen heads out a bit behind me. I'm tiptoeing around for a lap, and the whole time I can hear a bike riiiight on my back wheel.

Out of turn 2, on the first full flying lap, and that bike on my rear wheel goes whizzing past me, outside of T2 and inside into T3. I look over, then do a complete double-take as my brain struggles to calculate that it's OWEN roaring by me, in the wet, and only one lap into his first session since breaking lots of bones and ending up in hospital in November last year!!! On a bike he's never ridden before (Red). Faaark me. Lookout boys, HE'S BAAAACK!! Nice riding buddy; you've still got it

I couldn't catch him the whole session, as he is knee-down - in the wet. I've got video somewhere too.
    Haha!!!! Yea he came past me through turn 1.

Haha, am just glad he does not race in my class
    Top effort mate, love your work!

Hahahaha, thanks chaps! Although I have to say it was largely due to the awesome bike that I had

Quote Originally Posted by dadat178 View Post
    Had fun, despite wet conditions, still able to test the rejetted flat slides and determine they are good, now where are those race entry forms... Good to meet a few from here.

What are these jets of which you speak?
    Great to meet you too!

Anyone out tomorrow?
    Would be good to garage with friendly faces

I am heading down, wet bike already set up lol.

Hahahaha, thanks chaps! Although I have to say it was largely due to the awesome bike that I had
    Video, as promised:

I suppose the biggest compliment one can receive is the "zoom in"

Thread Information