Thread: SMP trackday SALE!! 25, 26, 27 June. Who's going??

SMP trackday SALE!! 25, 26, 27 June. Who's going??

The sale starts in a few minutes! Link: http://www.easterncreekridedays.com.au/ecrd_news/id/52

Who's going, and which days?
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Doing Monday only
    end of financial year....gotta work sometimes.

It's really annoying how work gets in the way of motorcycling enjoyment, isn't it!

in for Thursday 27th +1

Saturnalian i have a spot for you in green.

On holidays riding up to Cairns from the 22nd so they are no good to me
    with 80 odd people each, for the last mid week days, looks like he is trying to attract more bikes
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    in for Thursday 27th +1
    Bonza! I'm booked for the 27th too

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    It's really annoying how work gets in the way of motorcycling enjoyment, isn't it!
    Can't complain.
    Should pick my 2nd bell up on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    On holidays riding up to Cairns from the 22nd so they are no good to me
    Lucky for you! Nice problem to have....

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    with 80 odd people each, for the last mid week days, looks like he is trying to attract more bikes
    Market economics is a beautiful thing. When the product is on the nose, people vote with their wallets.

Had already booked yella for Mon 24, booked Thu 27 (got last yellow spot) & cancelled ($15 ea) and rebooked Tue 25 & Wed 26.

Just got to let my boss know I'll be away for the week ... and finish tying the gixxer back togetha ...

Sounds like the sessions will be v full ... and lots of new riderz ... I'm going to try and keep a better eye out for spare coolant on the track this time ...

tuesday 25th. red.

Thursday 27th Red

I get a tow off you Marshy

Thursday starting in Yellow, first time on the bike since St George round 1

I commented on a CSS FB post this arvo re the sale. My comment was: "Sold out". CSS commented back to watch out for more ... amazing what a 30% price drop will do to the booking numbers ...

Obviously the normal rate charged IMO is a bit too high.

WP is 169. Broadford Lakeside etc are all 120-180ish.

Why is SMP over 200?

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Obviously the normal rate charged IMO is a bit too high.

WP is 169. Broadford Lakeside etc are all 120-180ish.

Why is SMP over 200?
    ECRD have a Monopoly in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    I commented on a CSS FB post this arvo re the sale. My comment was: "Sold out". CSS commented back to watch out for more ... amazing what a 30% price drop will do to the booking numbers ...
    But it still didn't sell out! Yellow and Green sold out, but both White and Red still have heaps of spots available (Red didn't even come close to filling up!!).

Chubb, the reasons that SMP is so expensive are twofold, and historic. When the ARDC tendered for ride day operators, they got lots of submissions from the 6 or 7 then-current operators. After reviewing them, they went with the highest price tender (highest by a LOT), rather than as you might expect, one towards the lower end of the price scale. Their ostensible reason for doing this was that ECRD (MEGA) provided a 'premium' service - the CSS coaches for first-timers; more marshals and 'officials' than others; a much higher focus on safety (longer, more structured briefings etc). Whereas ECRD track days used to be a 'premium' track day experience - their big competitive differentiator in the old days was that they allowed much fewer riders overall, so that you got more track time with less crowding, although for a higher price - morphed into the worst of both worlds: an even higher price and an over-emphasis on safety and rules, but without the benefits of reduced numbers and rider tuition.

The second reason is that SMP is more expensive to hire than Broadford, Wakefield etc. In Australia, Phillip Island and SMP are by far the most expensive tracks to hire.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: when the product doesn't meet customer requirements, demand falls. ECRD are waaay to reliant on first-timers and non-repeat customers, which can only last so long before they eventually use them all up and numbers dwindle. As is happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    ECRD have a Monopoly in Sydney
    Wot he said! Paraphrased as "because they can"

Cold weather puts off the beginners.
    All the new weekend dates for the last half of last year has put off the beginners booking June midweek.
    I've got over a dozen booked through them from now to october and this sale has just put me off booking so far in advance incase I miss the opportunity to pick up cheap days later.

Hey guys, I'm in green on the 26th. See you there

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    in for Thursday 27th +1

Saturnalian i have a spot for you in green.
    Thankyou sir. New fairings fitted last night, white wheels and slicks on, ready to go.

J.

I'm out tomorrow 30th May as well if anyone else is out there let me know !!!!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    New fairings fitted last night

i will be there guys on the wed the 26th

Thread Information