Thread: GSXR1000K1 race bike - SOLD

GSXR1000K1 race bike - SOLD

GSXR1000K1 race bike

I have for sale a 2001 GSXR1000 race bike.
    It is fully sorted and ready for racing or track days. I love this bike and it?s been rock steady for me for a number of years.
    It has the following:
    ? Freshly powder coated rims.
    ? ASV levers
    ? Carbon fibre fairing stay
    ? Genuine oggy knonbs
    ? Case savers
    ? Suter slipper clutch ?
    ? Re-valved and sprung front forks built by Zenodampner
    ? Ohlins rear shock sorted by Zeno
    ? 520chain
    ? Titanium Yoshi slip on
    ? K&N filter
    ? Dynojet PC
    ? Vortex rearsets
    ? K5 master cylinder
    Comes with 2nd set of rims with wets fitted. Rear Dunlop is only one session old on a damp track.
    Spares include tank, swing arm, Wet4U fairing, WET4U rearsets and numerous other bits and pieces. Everything you need.
    This bike is capable of 1.35?s at the Creek if you?re name is Shawn Giles.
    $3500ono

List Date: 5/21/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: GSXR1000K1 race bike
    --------------------------------------
    SOLD

--------------------------------------

Last edited by Krackeye; 30-05-2015 at 08:14 AM.

I like the rims! Where did you get them done?
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

A joint in Taren Point. Super cheap. Like $140 or there abouts.

Ideal! How much prep did you have to do?
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Ideal! How much prep did you have to do?
    Stripped down bearings and all. They sandblast then powder coat.

Do you have there name Krackeye ?

HF Powder Coating PTY Ltd.
    98 Willarong Rd Caringbah NSW
    (02) 9526 4466

Forwarded this to a mate in VIC he might contact you
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Thanks Mark. Yes, great for Prestons or Hartwell's pre-modern.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    HF Powder Coating PTY Ltd.
    98 Willarong Rd Caringbah NSW
    (02) 9526 4466
    Thanks mate.

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do a burnout

Stripped down bearings and all. They sandblast then powder coat.
    If the r1 didn't have the stupid needle bearings in the rear I would try, but alas, they are a pain in the arse to get out :(

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    If the r1 didn't have the stupid needle bearings in the rear I would try, but alas, they are a pain in the arse to get out :(
    I'm just replacing one now, you need to dremel it
    P5240213.JPGP5240212.JPG01.jpg02.jpg

SOLD

Thanks Mark. I'll see Brian this arvo.

SOLD

Thanks Mark. I'll see Brian this arvo.
    love how forums and the net can bring people together who would outher wise never meet, a great result all round and Bryan will be having his first ride at the Broadford practice next Friday with us St George folk ;-)

Awesome. I'd be keen to hear about his experience as he said he hadn't been on a track since 1983. I'm sure he'll have as many fun and great times on the ol' girl as I have. I'll miss her.

Hi Marcus had an awesome day at broadford today by the third session had it nailed till the gear lever end fell of coming onto the front straight on lap 11 all good got spares rear suspension great just need to play with the front some more and set right tyre pressures ground about 3/4 of rear tyre in 35 laps but really happy with the bike thanks mate

Well done guys, good stuff.

Good to hear!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaCBR View Post
    Hi Marcus had an awesome day at broadford today by the third session had it nailed till the gear lever end fell of coming onto the front straight on lap 11 all good got spares rear suspension great just need to play with the front some more and set right tyre pressures ground about 3/4 of rear tyre in 35 laps but really happy with the bike thanks mate

Whoa! That's bizarre mate cause the first time I rode it at the track the gear lever fell off as well. I think that's a good sign.
    The Dunlops are quite sensitive to pressure change I've found. Stoked to hear you had a top day.

Going to get on Dunlop website and get some info re pressure hot and cold love these tyre

The front is the UK one Brian. Sadly not making them anymore. I heard that on the GP coverage too. Moto2 now have French made D's. 33F 23R are the recommended pressures. Warm.

The UK Dunlop 302 I run down as low as 31 hot, I think Marshy and the boys used to run them at 35. We have run in the 1.35's around GP track at the creek with 31 - 32 hot off the warmers.

Thanks guys there's going to be a bit of trial and error getting pressure perfect have to get out the notebook and start checking and noting every time I ride pressures on different tracks mstevo guessed I was a couple of psi to low at broadford so going back on the 20/6 for another crack

With spare gear lever end !!!!!!

34 is my magic pressure for the front UK Ntec

Thanks Marshy but the front is perfect rear is major wear nearly trashed Dunlop K108 4 in 3 twelve lap sessions at broadford

Thanks Marshy but the front is perfect rear is major wear nearly trashed Dunlop K108 4 in 3 twelve lap sessions at broadford

Run it at 19psi off the warmer.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Dunlop K108 4
    Which compound?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Which compound?
    I believe the 4 denotes med-hard

I believe the 4 denotes med-hard

Yeah, but this is dunlop.... not all 4s are the same compound (same for any designation). There'll be a compound code on there too, which looks similar to the date stamp. T886, maybe?

It will take some tweaking. Like I said, as much as 1 psi high or low caused me issues. Too low and hot tear too high cold tear. When it was right it was spot on. Mind you the Pirellis were more forgiving as far as pressures.

Also remembering Brian I'm around 80kg. Just saying is all.

I know I sell them, but I genuinely can't recommend the Bridgestone V02 Medium rears enough. (I'm only selling them because I've also made the switch and use them now myself). They are that magic combination of more grip, longer lasting, and cheaper that shouldn't be possible just somehow just is (like the 302 Dunlop front). They work in freezing cold to boiling hot, have masses of grip, and last for days and days and days. Everyone that's tried them over the Pirellis has switched permanently (johnnyb, LeeZX10, Breesey, SickO, Spilly, SteveM, the list goes on). They are unreal.

The fronts aren't any good though, so I don't recommend them or sell them (unless you insist). Most everyone I know is running a Dunlop front and a Bridgestone rear. Or a Pirelli front and a Bridgestone rear. The V02 Soft doesn't work anywhere either, but it doesn't matter because the Medium works everywhere! $300 for a rear.

Dunlop rears are hit-and-miss. Some of the compounds are awesome, particularly the UK 4886 (now replaced by the French T886, which is supposed to be the equivalent but is massively too hard and has very little grip). But the Dunlop rears have always been notoriously sensitive to pressures and track temps. It's all too easy to destroy a brand new $350 rear in 5 laps because the track temp is 5 degrees out of the zone, or you're 1 psi too hard or soft. When they are on their sweet spot, there's nothing better (for some compounds at least, and generally only the UK tyres which aren't made any more), but it's a very small benefit and the downsides are horribly expensive!

I got on to the Bridgestone rears in ASBK last year at Queenslad Raceway. The new Dunlop UK rears I'd brought up for the race meet destroyed themselves in 5 laps with the 70 degree track temps and abrasive surface. I happened to be pitting next to Craig White, and bought a rear from him for the day. What a tyre!! More grip, and very nice, even wear. I flipped the tyre for the next day, then used it for a couple of track days after that (including one down at Wakefield in the freezing cold a few months later), then gave it to Baddie, who used it for a couple of track days too! Amazing.

Hope that helps

Also remembering Brian I'm around 80kg. Just saying is all.
    I did point that out!!!
    well suggested he get all the sags checked to suit his heavier leathers lol
    Last edited by Mstevo; 08-06-2015 at 09:17 PM.

In my year long quest to get the VO2's to work and wear well I've had to use much higher pressures than your would think or recommend. I believe it's because being 200mm they are too big for my older bike.
    I used the one rear at Broadford and flipped it for the Sunday legs and set my equal fastest time Sunday arvo, I run a soft front and it's unbelievably good

After thirty years off tracks and everything is different fairly steep learning curve to get everything right going to flip this rear still easily got another day in it going back to broadford on the 20th weather and work permitting will put the pressure up two psi and play with it.
    Will also look into the bridgy you recommend the medium Mashy ? I'm 120 kg kitted up to ride

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    I did point that out!!!
    well suggested he get all the sags checked to suit his heavier leathers lol
    Yeah that's right Mark much heavier leather hahaha

I'm 120 kg kitted up to ride
    I'm about 10 more than that, so I know a thing or two about suspension for real sized men. The reality is that you will need to respring and revalve every bike you buy.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Thread Information