Thread: Dirt Bikes ...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dirt Bikes ...

Ok first up I know bugger all about Dirt Bikes or for that matter Japanese bikes so ... forgive an old bugger

My son is now 15 1/2 (knows it all from playing PSX and Xbox and iPod and ....) and I just started him riding (CRF100 just to play with - plan is to give this to my wife as a toy - long story)

Looking for a bigger bike for some dirt riding and maybe 6 - 12 months on the road (riding 7km to school etc)

As I'm not 100% as to his commitment (or skill/ability - think badly oiled robot) I'm thinking older and cheaper $1200 - $2400- also have a couple of spare LAMs Monsters for when road riding bites and hes go a bit more time under his belt

Problem is TO MANY MODEL to choose from eg Yamaha XT and Yamaha TTR (electric start would be nice but not a requirement) was also kind of stuck on 4stroke cos I understand em

BUT Thought has been given to keeping the cc under 220 to keep rego down

so now looking at maybe DT175 ... smokey but seem to be a few around

Medium term in a perfect world I'd like 3 dirt bikes so we could go soft trail riding as a family (wife puttering along on a CRF100 - maybe gets bored and moves up - her call) with 2 other bikes for me and the boy maybe 1 road/trail and 1 fully dirty

THOUGHTS and COMMENTS PLEASE
    Last edited by Linden; 04-06-2015 at 06:02 AM. Reason: TO MANY MODEL to choose from

Thread Information