Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phillip Island Pirelli RR 28-30 August

Over all I'm mixed about the weekend ... when it rained on Saturday was hopping to beat my competition in the BEARS F5 championship (who normally is crap in the wet) but he brought his A++ Game and I couldn't come to terms with the Supercorsas (the Dot cut slick road tyres) and PI in the WIND (the wet was fine-ish ...) - spent the weekend being smashed by HP was slowest bike by some 10kmh (100behind the big boys)

+ while fun a couple guys in different formulas mucked me up a bit (killing my best catching points Honda and MG)

Now 23 points behind with 2x4 legs to go and loosing hope of a win (if I can 4 from 4 at broadford .... maybe - will still need to beat HP 3 out of 4 at EC)

Few injuries (Mario, Cade, Chris) hope everyone heals up well ! Congrats to everyone else - looked fun

My weekend never really got off the ground, I was pretty sick in the lead up week and actually burped a bit of sick into my mouth in the first session on Friday. I was on used tyres from the Creek but by the third session the track was starting to make sense and I did 3 x 1.42.2 's in a row, then in the afternoon the temp dropped off a bit more and was back in the 43's but doing it much easier. My wife Sue came down sick on Friday afternoon ,same as I had , knowing what she was in for we were tossing up what to do .She stayed in bed and I went racing but thinking in the back of my head we really don't want two messed up people a 1000 km from home and a bent bike. Saturday the weather was close to dry then rain enough to rule out slicks. I ended up sitting out qually and the first race then thought stuff it and put the wets on. My first race was the superbikes and started from the back of the grid and got up to 7th over the 4 laps. The second race was Oz bears from the back again I got a good start but the race was red flagged . The restart I didn't get away quite as well but got up to 4th by lap 4, 1.9 seconds off the leaders. I was looking forward to having a crack at them in the last race but it was cancelled for that day. The following morning Sue's health was no better so we pulled the pin and headed home to play another day. That was the first time I have ridden there in 27 years , (1988 was the last time ) It wont be that long till I'm back again.
    Last edited by stevem; 31-08-2015 at 04:08 PM.

rest up and get well soon Stevo!

steve, your first time to the track? 42.2 is a great lap time - you gun!

The last BEARS race. More vids to come soon.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    The last BEARS race. More vids to come soon.

Assume it ok to link this up on the Bears Site ?

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Assume it ok to link this up on the Bears Site ?
    Of course, mate

BEARS Race 3 (probably more exciting):

How good is your launch control!?!
    I REALLY need to work on getting faster starts.... I think I'm just so happy to have not been rear ended, that I completely forget to plan for turn 1!!

Sunday Supersport TT Race 1

Sunday Supersport TT Race 2
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Saturday Supersport Sprint Race 2 (Wet)

My fave..... SBK race 3, and I only lasted 2 and a bit laps

Taking the scenic route there, Marshy??
    Skip to 4:44 for the fun, folks!

The final Superbike race - and I've only just realised that the rear view is ass-backwards

Awesome videos and we'll done to all!! Hope all those injuries heel up fast!! Why does p.i have to be so far from sydney haha

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Started to edit up a video and realized how sad it was ... me getting past on straight bits by bigger bikes and blocked in corners by the same bikes :( - bring on Broadford

Awesome videos. Looks like fun. Well done.

BEARS race 2, including Cade's stall on the front row, and a bunch of offs, including Mario's first for the weekend.

Last vid from me. Superbike race 2, also in the wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Of course, mate

BEARS Race 3 (probably more exciting):

cool vid Nick how are you liking the beemers? do you think you will be quicker on these than the ape?

Im surprised how quick that Ducati 996-998(?) is for such an old and underpowered bike against the latest and greatest from germany. It seemed like he put up a pretty good fight in the first few laps.

2015 MV AGUSTA F3 800
    2010 RSV4 FACTORY (TRACK BIKE)
    2007 KTM 300EXC

2005 CBR1000RR (TRACK BIKE SOLD)
    2004 KTM125SX (SOLD)
    2008 YAMAHA R1 (CRASHED)
    2002 YAMAHA R6 (SOLD)

The old saying... its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog.

Thread Information