Thread: Exhaust Wrap

Exhaust Wrap

My low side last FXRRC round wiped out my belly pan. I've another one here but once I fit it up it is clear that the pan sits WAY too close to the headers. I'm thinking that wrapping some sections of the headers could take enough of the direct heat away to prevent the fibreglass melting but unsure if there are any adverse effects to using such a product on the titanium pipes.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do a burnout

I'm sure Ducati owners can chime in here. I've found on an R6 once that wrapping in exhaust wrap didn't do anything to stop the bellypan melting. If it's touching, or almost touching, the heat just radiates from the edge of the wrap and melts the glass.

You'd probably be better off with some high quality heat shield on the bellypan itself. Something like the (very exxy) stuff from Thermal Dynamics, which is wafer thin, but very good at repelling heat.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Heat wrap didn't save my belly pan. It wasn't touching but It burnt a hole in a freshly painted pan.

I think I posted a "how to...." Showing how I fibre glassed a bulge in the belly pan to resolve the clearance issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 to what marshy said. The reflective insulation is thin and effective
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Is there a place I can swing in and grab the insulation? Cigweld came up on a Google search but product search came up empty.

I think long term I'm going to have to glass a bulge in. I think the problem is the pan doesn't match the upper so the tolerances are all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do a burnout

Thread Information