Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FXRRC RND 3 - This Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    not my fault my shoulder and not straight and level and one is shorter than the other !!! seems straight to me !!
    I can relate
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Minus three is not enough degrees!!
    Add the three numbers next to it and it's still a little cold!!!

Well done to everyone who was out there.. sorry to hear about all the crashes but rubber side down next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    What's That's that on your screen? U pumping up watching motoGP?
    Gotta keep the sponno's happy
    Nah, it's just a desktop background.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

I had a great day too! Great banter down on pit lane and good to see so many friendly faces out in the cold!
    Sorry to see the folks that did come off, hope that the repair bills come in cheap Mick!
    Well done to Msteveo, Carl-52, Binksy and dan for the silverware. There was some great racing, you guys were all looking great out there!!
    Mark would have had time to stop for a coffee and still take out the top spot!

I wasn't setting the world on fire with lap times and I discovered I'm still pretty firmly in the injured camp as my leg was giving me hell.
    The lower body work I had been doing, to stop me loading up the bars and my duff shoulder, is working!!
    ...BUT it's highlighted a fair bit of weakness where my leg muscle was cut for the titanium rod
    Happily Spilly was there to help out with some dodgy under-the-counter medication, that took the edge off and allowed me to stay out for the rest of the day.
    The mission for the day was to start a race without requiring a helicopter evacuation - mission accomplished!

The practice starts component of RYM is fantastic. I only wish I'd known about it sooner!!
    There's a theory session where they go through the lights/flags sequence etc and they give you an idea of what you should be aiming to do with throttle/clutch etc.
    Their advice was to hold revs/biting point just before the peak power band of whatever machine you were on.. good advice!
    After that, a whole session devoted to gridding up then launching the bike. Thanks to a whole host of great tips from Stu, Carl, Dan, Marshy and Stevem I had plenty of things to try.
    Happy to say that armed with this knowledge, everything that I tried worked great with no wheelies or STALLS
    Some things worked better than others but having so many opportunities to practice, I was able to settle on a system that worked every time and was predictable.
    I would seriously recommend RYM to anybody looking for more start practice or looking to get in to racing. The whole process is is very straightforward and with double spaced grids, there's really no safer way to get to grips with race starts.

Was great to see you out there, and trying different stuff on the launches, everyone has a different approach, glad everyones advice helped in a little way. Sounds like you have found a way to get a good launch everytime was fun watching you, no pressure !! no pressure Have to agree RYM is the BEST way to learn how to get off the line and race. Carl went through it and loved it, such a simple yet fantastic idea hey

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    Was great to see you out there, and trying different stuff on the launches, everyone has a different approach, glad everyones advice helped in a little way. Sounds like you have found a way to get a good launch everytime was fun watching you, no pressure !! no pressure Have to agree RYM is the BEST way to learn how to get off the line and race. Carl went through it and loved it, such a simple yet fantastic idea hey
    Hahaha, thanks Stu! Yes, a REALLY good idea. StG would do well to adopt it as a format!

Hahahahaha DOOO ITTTTTT

Considering what happened only 8 months ago Owen, I think you have done an amazing job!
    No trips in the petrol pigeon is always a plus point

DOOOO ITTTTTTT
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Pretty good day for me yesterday, taking 1st in Retro 600 D-grade. It's a bit off-putting when you have to wait for ice on the track to melt before you can start riding though haha. Best time for the day was a low 1.07, so pretty happy considering the conditions.

Qualifying was pretty slow and steady, just scoping the track out trying to find the slippery patches and level of grip available. Though since a modest 1:14 got me second spot (behind the crazy fast motard) everyone was obviously just as cautious.

Race 1
    I'll admit Mick that I was one of those who paused on the practice start for the first warm-up lap, just wasn't focusing I think. Not sure why the rest of the front row didn't take off though Got a great race start, heading into T2 in first. Rodney and the motard squeezed past at turn 4 and I managed to hold position in-front of the S1000 to take 3rd outright.

Race 2
    Rodney got a better start and I followed him into T2. The motard got past again at T4, pushing me a bit wide where I hit a patch of water mid-corner which sent me into a bit of a slide, freaked me out a bit. There was another slippery patch on the entry into T5 which had me worried that a bike had possibly dropped fluid (it hadn't but that was enough to put me off for the rest of the lap). Lines were pretty sloppy and the S1000 blasted me down the main straight. Couldn't get back in a groove so he got away from me a bit where I finished behind him in 4th.

Race 3
    Slightly eventful start, with me and the motard bumping together shortly after the start. I copped his barkbuster across the shoulder and lost my toe-slider from hitting something else on his bike. I don't think he was too pleased as he pushed through at the apex of T2, forcing me wide. I ended up behind the S1000 again and would gain through the corners but would get smoked down the straight. Needed a few more laps to close the gap so ended up 4th overall again.

Mick - Looking back through my footage looks like you lost the front turning into T5 in the first race. I wonder if it was the same slippery patch that kept catching me out.

It was a shame to hear Dan was having some serious bike issues, so hopefully you get the old girl fixed for the next one.

Geoff- I was behind you for the start but rod didn't move either and I didn't see the others move... maybe I was just too keen....

would be great if you had rear footage of my spill... I don't remember being close enough to touch Dan's back wheel let alone touching it, and probably more off line in the congestion...

old mate on the tard was on a mission... not sure what class he fell into but he went past me at the beginning of qually and again at the end.... I think his qually time was 1:08
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Vid of race 2 in 600's. Possibly my favorite race to date had an awesome time battling with Keith and Rodney(even if he was on his wet bike...). No lap records but an awesome time was had

Hi Mick i was also on the front row in quali. An unusual experience for me and yep on the practice start was a bit tentative. To be honest i am usually a fair few rows further back and the practice start is a bit less full on. In the unlikely event that i find myself up front again ill be more on the ball. Hope you and the bike are ok.

Congrats to Geoff and Dan

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Some very nice pictures here guys. http://www.keoghsvision.com.au/formu...-19072015.html Sicko, Zooker, Binksy, Mstevo, Dan
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by igbyron View Post
    Hi Mick i was also on the front row in quali. An unusual experience for me and yep on the practice start was a bit tentative. To be honest i am usually a fair few rows further back and the practice start is a bit less full on. In the unlikely event that i find myself up front again ill be more on the ball. Hope you and the bike are ok.

Congrats to Geoff and Dan

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
    All good Ian. I wasn't having a go at anyone - just wasn't expecting it.. bike is only fairly minor with some fairing work required and I'm just a little bruised from the 300 but all good.

Congrats on the silverware. well earnt
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

nice finish Binksy!!!
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Thread Information