Thread: Air intake question CBR 600

Air intake question CBR 600

More question from me...
    I've replace the front fairing stay bracket with a race stay, but can't remember if the air intakes pictured were covered by the OEM bracket. I wouldent thing it should be open, if I closed them Id get better air ram so to speak. But thought I'd check with the TT brains trust.

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't look right. Calling BoB, the resident expert in all things CBR600RR......
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

With the race stays , you usually get some blanking plates that fit over the holes . The oem stays fit into these holes . I will get some pics and put them up for you .
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    With the race stays , you usually get some blanking plates that fit over the holes . The oem stays fit into these holes . I will get some pics and put them up for you .
    Awesome, cheers.
    the stay was a 2nd hand purchase, so just came on its own. I'll prob knock something up out of PVC once I see your pics. I diddent think it looked quite right.

Attached are a few pics , showing the oem set up with the clock mount bracket which blanks off these holes . Next the underside of the oem clock bracket . The blanking plates that bolt on to the ram air. If you don't have the blanking plates you can just fibreglass them up as in the last pic.

2015-07-18 09.42.59.jpg2015-07-18 09.45.17.jpg2015-07-18 09.47.18.jpg2015-07-18 09.41.11.jpg
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Awesome, cheers.
    the stay was a 2nd hand purchase, so just came on its own. I'll prob knock something up out of PVC once I see your pics. I diddent think it looked quite right.

Even some ice cream container cut out and stuck over will work , all depends on how much time you want to spend prettying it up . For the race bike I went with the aluminium fairing stay from SES which comes with the ram air , not cheap but gives you a bit more room to mount things and a bit stronger than the oem ram air.

ram air.jpg
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

I like the fibre glass but I reccon I'll run out of time between now and my next track day. Still got a bit to get it rideable.
    I've got PVC plumbing fittings around that should fit over with a little bit of modificatuon and I'll sica them on. Should do the trick.
    Cheers mate.

Thread Information