Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4hr Teams and garages are up..... ;)

4hr Teams and garages are up..... ;)

A few wiley foxes out there for sure

http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_events.php?event=Roadrace

just because I think it captures the moment....

Flying Start.jpg

Race on folks!!!!!
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Wooooo race time!

Although STG did manage to get my team completely wrong in the competitor list. Apparently I'm riding with someone who wasn't in my 4 hour team and the other 2 riding members aren't on the list at all!

Am I reading right that Glenn A. is riding a 600??
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Thats what it says....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

And mr morris having a punt as well

Life's too Short- YOLO!

Looking forward to this. They got our team wrong as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Am I reading right that Glenn A. is riding a 600??
    The team to beat!

16 teams is disappointing, I remember when it was double that! now that was exciting racing
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

apparently I'm in bears hahaha bloody hell, which monkey did all these stuff up's?
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-Man View Post
    apparently I'm in bears hahaha bloody hell, which monkey did all these stuff up's?
    whoever put Andrew Fitzpatrick down as a 1000cc???? you are in for unlimited....
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Too funny, my team might be struggling against, Allerton, Knight, Swallow and James !! haha oh well , we will have fun

That's what is all about stu and i cant hear the fat lady singing so nothing decided yet and we have 4 hrs if racing ahead of us.. looking forward to a good weekend

Last edited by Little Mick; 29-07-2015 at 08:34 PM. Reason: tpyos
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    That's what is all about stu and i cant hear the fat lady singing so nothing and we have 4 hrs if racing ahead of us.. looking forward to a good weekend

Did someone say "protest"??? lol ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    Did someone say "protest"??? lol ;-)
    is that professional testing Mark?
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Good luck to all those venturing onto the track this weekend.

We are in garage 21/22 on Sunday - drop in and say G'day.

Cheers

Little Mick
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

+1 All the best to everybody out over the weekend!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Have fun peeps!

Yep best of luck to all out there 👍

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

well, i wont be racing any time, in the near future, as of today.
    T4 bit hard n high-sided me avoiding a slower rider into T4, went around the outside of him, got front wheel next to his rear wheel, an opened throttle a frako an bam, hit sky an i reckon bike hit me while i was in mid air.
    came to a rest on my back after landin on me noggin, felt immense pain in r hand an saw glove cut open n bloody drippin out, then noticed r shin was pretty painful too, thinkin i fractured shin bone as i couldn't move or get up as well as bad chest / rib pain.

Got released from goulburn hospital 5-6hrs later after ct scan n xrays i was released.

r hand i have 2 broken fingers, little finger an ring finger. r ring fing has severe lacerations, as well as possible nerve damage, so i have to go to auburn hospital sunday mornin to see plastic surgeon, as docs could not do any surgery at goulburn.
    chest pain and upper back/lower neck pain, as wellas a good scrape on r shin

i was just startin to get a bit more speed as i had a new rear slick ... found out later that i qualified 5th an i hadnt even got up to my usual pace yet.

t4 was announced later that there was water seeping up thru a few little cracks in track, because 3 riders b4 me crashed in same corner in the respective class.

pics here
    https://www.facebook.com/Aussiebloke666
    visit my page:
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au

Ah shit, that sucks Cam!! Real sorry to hear of your injuries.
    Glad it wasn't any worse, hope all goes well with the doc and recovery.
    Terrible surface down there.. sucks that water seeping up through cracks is even a thing!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Bugger Cam. Was looking at the results last night and wondered where you were.
    Hope all goes well moving forward.

Life's too Short- YOLO!

Get well mate, sorry to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-Man View Post
    t4 was announced later that there was water seeping up thru a few little cracks in track, because 3 riders b4 me crashed in same corner in the respective class.
    I think we should start a new movement..... Boycott Wakefield Park. That's shit, mate. It's a rubbish track in very poor condition. Frankly it shouldn't be used anymore.

I do love that track but it's in dire need of renovations...

Shit luck, hope you heal up quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heal fast Cam - Won't be able to use that right hand for a while, takes some practice with the left.

Interesting day. Full of action....

Life's too Short- YOLO!

Finally home.

Quite a few incidents today with crashes on the 6th turn of the first lap right through to the last turn on the last lap.... Most were minor and many were able to rejoin the field.

MStevo managed to get everyone's attention on the last turn of the last lap taking on the tyre wall, and kudos for getting back up and finishing the race in second! (I probably would have rolled over and cried like a baby.)

Weather changes plagued the whole day and Craig White had his work cut out for him. Generally times were slower all around due to the weather, and some rather long safety car outings, along with rain starting during a safety car resulting in near the whole field coming in to change tyres/ riders. This in itself had the pace car looking to pick up the race leader (whoever was left out on track at the time) after they just spent 15-20 minutes getting the race leader to the front of the pack.

Big thanks to all the marshals and volunteers out there who helped keep the day going in less than ideal conditions.

Congrats to all the teams, regardless of placings, as being out there today was a challenge in itself!

Cheers

Little Mick
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

thanks for the well wishes guys ...judging by the fact i'd only done 4 laps in qualifying an that i qualified 5th ... if i did fin quali, i'd have been on front row of grid.
    an rick, i'm left handed anyways ;-)
    visit my page:

if u's click my facebook link above you'll see an update on injury ... not long home from hospital now, went to Auburn hospital at 9am this mornin (sunday) went into surgery at 5:10pm, an got out at 8ish pm, an was released at 9:20pm

such a looooong day waiting ... hospitals r shit ... make an appointment an u still gotta wait, its fkd

+1 on ur latest comment on wakey Nick, the track is in dire need of rippin up an re-doing
    visit my page:

btw ... i'll upload some pics of my bikes damage some time monday
    visit my page:

I think we should start a new movement..... Boycott Wakefield Park. That's shit, mate. It's a rubbish track in very poor condition. Frankly it shouldn't be used anymore.
    definitely do have to agree with you as they really need to resurface and overhaul the whole track with run off areas etc.. I hope Winton isn't as bad? I'll find out on Thursday but how is the track conditions at Winton Marshy?

Winton is worse with water seepage after turn 2... Heal up Metal! The track surface is woeful.

Yesterday was absolute carnage. Bikes down everywhere. Currently down in Canberra hospital with fitzy after her got rear ended on the main straight. He is in surgery at the moment, getting a metal rod put in from his knee down to his ankle along with some nuts and bolts. All from an accident that should never have happened. Thats racing though. Speedy recovery to all that crashed.

Certainly wasn't the best day for racing. Joe had an awesome qualifying putting us in P3 then the mayhem unfolded in the race. We got through the early stuff and managed to hold up in 4th outright for a while. Then we had a pretty major setback when Joe had a slide at T9 on his outlap and couldn't self recover. Took ages to get the arm band back to the garage and I ended up going out on a pretty wet track with completely cold brand new slicks. Also meant we only had 2 riders for the entire day so after a long day we were happy to finish even if it wasn't competitive.

Chalk this year up to experience!

Get well soon too all that had off over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    Yesterday was absolute carnage. Bikes down everywhere. Currently down in Canberra hospital with fitzy after her got rear ended on the main straight. He is in surgery at the moment, getting a metal rod put in from his knee down to his ankle along with some nuts and bolts. All from an accident that should never have happened. Thats racing though. Speedy recovery to all that crashed.
    What happened, mate? I've seen several nasty accidents like that at Wakefield. It doesn't seem to happen anywhere else. Dunno why, although my big complaint after the accident below is that they never have any flag marshals watching the main straight for slow bikes to wave a yellow flag. I complained long and loud, but they didn't listen.

From what i understand it appeared the front bike may have missed a gear? and mick witchy hit him from behind.

Life's too Short- YOLO!

What happened, mate? I've seen several nasty accidents like that at Wakefield. It doesn't seem to happen anywhere else. Dunno why, although my big complaint after the accident below is that they never have any flag marshals watching the main straight for slow bikes to wave a yellow flag. I complained long and loud, but they didn't listen.
    Used to happen a Oran as well ... high speed kink I think ... (mad worse because of the pit lane exit point)

What a weekend that was ! In the sprints i managed to come home with 2nd overall, had some mega races with Mick James and Rod Whitney The 4 hour ! where to begin..... lets begin at the start, I was just walking past the control tower from the le man start i look up the top of the circuit and i See Carl down ! turns out someone just in front of him had a mega sideways moment and he had nowhere to go out of turn 4 ! so I sprint back ( well as best as i could ) and he is just a brown mess ! lol everyone plus me in his team work like crazy and get him sorted , thanks to matthew shipp Ben Green and team. Ok thats him sore but sorted ready to go again. The weather changed so much, it was either wet and drying....... or drying and wet with rivers.. Crashes everywhere, pit crews working like crazy ! up and down the road. Keith, Rod and I had qualified 6th, moved up to 4th by an hour in and then made it up to 3rd overall. I changed tyres twice whilst waiting to go out ! thanks to gary gersek and Matthew Sinai for helping me with that.. No time to rest, then out on track. Hot slicks , rivers on the track, wet kerbs and seeping water made for interesting times Cutting through the trafiic was mega, made some fantastic moves , safe and committed early ones so they knew i was there was the safe way to do it We powered on and stayed on the bikes to claim 2nd in class in the 600's A Bs or whatever it was ! and 3rd overall, only 2 laps down on the winners.. Not bad at all for 3 old blokes considering who we were racing against.. Just an amazing days racing

I heard some stories from Marty but geez. Sound like it was eventful to say the least. Hope everyone injured heals up ok.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    lets begin at the start, I was just walking past the control tower from the le man start i look up the top of the circuit and i See Carl down ! turns out someone just in front of him had a mega sideways moment and he had nowhere to go out of turn 4 !
    Believe it was me... Carl later informed me that he was up my arse when I made a mistake. I had a few issues up there in the first stint so wouldn't have surprised me. Didn't realise until about the 3 hour mark when I walked past Carl's garage and asked how he was going as I'd seen him go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Believe it was me... Carl later informed me that he was up my arse when I made a mistake. I had a few issues up there in the first stint so wouldn't have surprised me. Didn't realise until about the 3 hour mark when I walked past Carl's garage and asked how he was going as I'd seen him go down.
    Its the 4 hour ! and in those conditions, anything can and probably will happen, no ones fault and no ones blame

Stu... you had an unfair advantage... you raced in the uk 😈

Life's too Short- YOLO!

It did kinda remind me of one particular cadwell park meeting sitting in a muddy field changing from wet to dry to wet etc

Yeh not your fault Binks, not at all, the track was horrendous just seems i always end up getting into other peoples stuff! turns out a couple of other saw me and the bike go up and flip in a nice highside after i tagged you, arm coming off must have pulled the throttle on. anyways i got back out and we claimed 1st in our class and 4th overall. Official timing is wrong and says we were 5th, even though we had 4 laps advantage over the team who ended up in 4th officially. Pretty damn good job for 2 D graders and a C Grader with a crash thrown in at the start.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

visit my page:

20150803_171143.jpg20150803_171221.jpg20150803_171309.jpg20150803_171349.jpg20150803_171358.jpg20150803_171412.jpg20150803_171458.jpg20150803_171553.jpg

thats as much damage as i can see without removing bit n pieces ... hand is fkn painful as an the meds just make me go to sleep n feel like shit.
    Wed return to Auburn hospital n thurs my physio starts at blacktown hospital.

my asshole boss just called me not long ago n said bring the truck key back n get ya stuff out of the cab...no job nows fuk
    visit my page:

Got a bit of work to do on my old girl too, after a run in with the pit straight tyre wall
    P8030316.JPGP8030315.JPG

ridiculous to say but it's and easy 2.5k repair :-(
    Last edited by Mstevo; 03-08-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Sounds like a crazy day peeps -
    The bullshitstops when the clutch drops

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    Got a bit of work to do on my old girl too, after a run in with the pit straight tyre wall
    Bummer!! What happened, mate?

Thread Information