Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4hr Teams and garages are up..... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-Man View Post
    my asshole boss just called me not long ago n said bring the truck key back n get ya stuff out of the cab...no job nows fuk
    Surely he can't do that?! Kick a man when he's down!

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    ridiculous to say but it's and easy 2.5k repair :-(
    Gutted, mate. She was sooo clean too!
    What needs doing?
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Gutted, mate. She was sooo clean too!
    What needs doing?
    new fairings (4-5week wait) $1500, CF fairing stay and air ducts $500 and thumb brake reservoir $10
    new helmet $??? I have my near new road KBC helmet that I'll probably paint yellow that way I'll have more interchangeable liners to share around my other yellow track day helmet
    Forks are going in to-day to get checked if they are bent, that might be the end! new forks could be that $ to far :-(

Paint could be $1000 if I pay someone (to save time)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Bummer!! What happened, mate?
    see my FB page

Hey guys. Currently sitting in canberra hospital still. Was a great weekend with so much drama. All I remember is coming down the straight and I think missed a gear not sure. Remember the bike revving and then a massive hit from behind. Remember sliding down the straight and finally stopping. All I could hear was bikes all around me and wanted to get as close to the tyre wall as I could. Worst pain ever had. Ambo finally got to me and got me on the green whistle. Turns out i had snap the tib and fib major and then penetrated my skin and was sticking out. Got rushed to canberra and got some rods and bolts etc. 6 months recovery. Can't travel atm cause of the leg. Haven't got another mark on me. Had every drug in the world. Thanks to everyone who packed up my gear and have offered support. Hoping I can make st george in november but prob aim on walking first. Can't thanks staff at St George fellow riders and team mates enough. Thanks 4 a great weekend and we'll done to all that finished. Sorry if this made no sence on button push morphine

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Damn, Fitzy! Rough deal. I know the "massive hit from behind" feeling, all too well!
    Glad the morphine is doing the trick tho. Rest up, all the best for the recovery.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

I'm so glad I didn't end up doing the 4 Hour now. Sorry to hear about all of the carnage and injuries. Hope everyone is on the mend soon.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
    Hey guys. Currently sitting in canberra hospital still. Was a great weekend with so much drama. All I remember is coming down the straight and I think missed a gear not sure. Remember the bike revving and then a massive hit from behind. Remember sliding down the straight and finally stopping. All I could hear was bikes all around me and wanted to get as close to the tyre wall as I could. Worst pain ever had. Ambo finally got to me and got me on the green whistle. Turns out i had snap the tib and fib major and then penetrated my skin and was sticking out. Got rushed to canberra and got some rods and bolts etc. 6 months recovery. Can't travel atm cause of the leg. Haven't got another mark on me. Had every drug in the world. Thanks to everyone who packed up my gear and have offered support. Hoping I can make st george in november but prob aim on walking first. Can't thanks staff at St George fellow riders and team mates enough. Thanks 4 a great weekend and we'll done to all that finished. Sorry if this made no sence on button push morphine

Shit dude! The accident happened right infront of me (I was on the wall), looked like you came together sideways with old mate. I didn't see the lead up I just saw the bikes clash together and heard one bike's throttle redline, was farking brutal mate ;(

Marty

4hr Teams and garages are up..... ;)

Might as well add my two bob worth to the 4hr carnage thread....(Although I was one of the luckier ones.) This happened just before fitzy went out on track and had his big off. Went off at T1, long slide followed by a nice mud run back to the pits. Wasn't the best result for our team. Cam, myself and fitzy down but we'll be back.... What a weekend!!! Heal up fast lads.
    Cheers to Andrew D for stepping in for Cam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoops, craig... didnt realise you had crashed. But if you crashed at t1 i saw you go down! didnt put 2 and 2 together to know it was you at the time. You slid a long way, i was very suprised that everything just kept sliding and sliding and sliding and stopped. R6s do make good mud shovels
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Whoops, craig... didnt realise you had crashed. But if you crashed at t1 i saw you go down! didnt put 2 and 2 together to know it was you at the time. You slid a long way, i was very suprised that everything just kept sliding and sliding and sliding and stopped. R6s do make good mud shovels
    Hahha, Yeah it was a long slide. Had someone come up the inside of me at t1, I ran a bit wide and couldn't make t2 and with the water still running across t2 decided to take the off track option. I remember seeing the bike sliding behind me and thinking "please don't flip" .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad we end for wetbox racing. Craig off at t1. I got rear ended on the straight and cam highside at t4. Still was one of the best weekends and events I have done. Just need a new tib and fib

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
    Bad we end for wetbox racing. Craig off at t1. I got rear ended on the straight and cam highside at t4. Still was one of the best weekends and events I have done. Just need a new tib and fib

I paid 300 odd bux just to do 4 laps in 600cc CS qualifying :'( ... my weekend ended at roughly 11am, but the atmosphere in our garage was great tho ;-)
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Might as well add my two bob worth to the 4hr carnage thread....(Although I was one of the luckier ones.) This happened just before fitzy went out on track and had his big off. Went off at T1, long slide followed by a nice mud run back to the pits. Wasn't the best result for our team. Cam, myself and fitzy down but we'll be back.... What a weekend!!! Heal up fast lads.
    Cheers to Andrew D for stepping in for Cam
    Yep, thank you guys, it was a great weekend. although I only saw the first couple of hours of it, then the rest of the day I was drifting in n out of sleep lookin at Goulburn hospitals ceiling with neck brace on
    visit my page:
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au

ok ok Ill post up too

Completely new set up for me with new bouncy bits and running D212's, so I just poked along on the Friday and the Saturday making sure I made it through to Sunday

Sunday turns up...... In the sheds bright and early Ben Green and I wanted to make some geometry changes to our bikes, meanwhile we were watching the grim wet weather up above

During the riders brief we took a ass reaming..... GO GET FUCKED st George, racing is our fun time not doom and gloom.....(just a side note.. I spoke to TON about the no wall rule on Saturday, There is no MA, no rule anywhere stating we cant stand on the wall) just st George making up new rules to suit them because its "safer"

I enjoyed the view of the concrete wall on Saturday both Ben Green and Stuart Kitson agreed the best part of the wall was the drain hole

Anyways qually was wet.... very wet, I went down on t4 on my out lap all good though hopped back on

4hr my first stint was 47min in the wet and my second was 30min in the dry, lots of tyre changes lots of bike work for everyone there wasn't much time for chatting

Had a great day thanks to all my friends 1st in our class and 4th overall 2 pink vests and a C grader

Shippy
    St George are the promoters of the race meet, the Steward and Clerk of the course, run the meet, they are independent of St George, or should be and bear the legal responsibilities to run a "safe as you can" meet!
    As the briefing said, if you don't like how the track is being presented to you on the day, you alone must choose whether or not to compete.

At any race meeting there are numerous Officials present to assist you and to ensure the safe and fair running of the meeting. The following list outlines some of the main types of Officials that exist in motorcycle sport:

Steward
    The person with the supreme control of a race meeting. The Steward is Motorcycling Australia's representative. The Steward has the power to enforce penalties and adjudicate over the rules. It is rare for competitors to have any dealings with the Steward as the actual running of the meeting is done by the Clerk of the Course.

Taken from MA website....http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=628

Referee
    The person who has supreme control at a Speedway race meeting. The Referee has the same functions as a Steward but has more direct control over a meeting.

Clerk of Course
    The Clerk of the Course is responsible to the Steward for the running of the meeting. The Clerk of the Course will ensure that the circuit is safe, the officials are at their posts and refer to the Steward those difficulties that cannot be resolved at a lower level. If you have any questions regarding safety, legality or the running of the races direct them to the Clerk of the Course.

Race Secretary
    The person in charge of the administrative aspects of a meeting. Matters of entries and fees, grid positions, materials and equipment should be directed here.

Measurers & Scrutineers
    Responsible for determining the safety and eligibility of machines and riding gear.

Starter
    The Starter is responsible for the actual starting of the race as well as assessing the fairness of the start. He will decide if any riders 'jump' the start and inform the Clerk of the Course who will recommend any penalties. He may also declare a false start if someone is disadvantaged.

Judge
    The function of the judge is to declare the order in which the competing motorcycles cross the finishing line.

Flag Marshals
    Responsible for signalling race conditions and instructions to riders and providing initial safety assistance.

Announcer
    Commentates the races and broadcasts details about the races and contestants to the public. Announcers are not to show bias to any riders or offer advice and instructions to any riders. The announcer shall also broadcast any instructions from the Steward.

Grid Marshal
    In charge of the safe and proper running of the pit area including the grid. The Grid Marshal ensures that the correct riders are on their appropriate row at the due time. He will refer problems to the Clerk of the Course.

Observer
    The observer or marker is an important official in the discipline of Observed Trials. His role is observe riders as they pass through sections of the course and record penalty points on a punch card or tally sheet.

We all have our part to play in making any race meet enjoyable, for all the things that can and do go wrong us riders cause 98% of them. :-(
    eg being on time to the track, scrutineering and briefings as well as pit exit to race and have our bikes and protective gear prepared to a minimum standard, which is usually higher than some riders think and of course the big one CRASHING :-(
    Mind you the club should be open to all measured and well thought out feed back, even if it takes time for them to get aproval from MNSW/MA/AASA to change their procedures
    Last edited by Mstevo; 16-08-2015 at 12:55 PM.

This "as safe as you can" line is such a slippery slope... first of all, 'cause it is not tangible so it really shouldn't be applied to anything that is supposed to be enforced at some stage. Also because then it creates all these issues of "wall/no wall", "camera/no camera" and etc. Based on "as safe as you can" there's a TON (pun intended) of things that can be suggested/enforced and very few would make as little sense as the ones I've just mentioned.

God knows how many races have been where other racers were expectating from the wall and I'm yet to hear about a single issue. I'm not saying "go ahead and open it up to the public" but the teams?? You trust those people to put their machines together and race around the track at speeds over 200kmh... maybe letting them watch it from the wall wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen.

If they wanna talk safety how about stop putting this race on the coldest part of the year EVERY @#$%^ YEAR????

Disclaimer: I have not taken part on this race but can relate to the frustration!
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 16-08-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Cheers stevo

I guess I should be bagging the steward then
    Last edited by shippy__; 16-08-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    Cheers stevo

I guess I should be bagging the steward then
    No mate, the CoC is the dude you need to complain to/about.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    No mate, the CoC is the dude you need to complain to/about.
    Rite Clerk it is.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Surely he can't do that?! Kick a man when he's down!
    Well he did, an got pissed off at me when I said I can't drive, coz I'm drugged up on Morphine (you cannot legally drive or operate machinery within 48 hours of taking morphine "this is directly from the doctor"), plus I don't have my car.
    Not only that the fucker isn't recognising my final working week of July, hence no pay from that week either.

The prick will be getting a call from "FWA" Fair Work Aust. soon
    visit my page:

Thread Information