So I've been chasing a little more in terms of setup with the BMW. The first step was to lengthen the wheelbase and make the gearing a little taller.
The idea being slightly less propensity to wheelie on corner exit, with the ability to get on the gas earlier and harder.
Happily this worked and the bike is firing forward now, much more than go upwards!! Back into the sub 40's for the first time on this bike, which I'm pretty happy with.

The next part of the geometry setup is to try and get some of the turning ability back, after having lengthened the wheelbase, and to get some much needed 'feel' from the front end.
As I've discovered, the BMW are notorious for a vague feeling front end, and you're left sort of trusting it'll hold when you tip in, rather than getting good feedback to push (or not!) on.
I've seen a HEAP of people with the IMA's so I ordered a set of Racing Triples with a bunch of different offset bushes to try as well as their variable angle clipons...

They're HEAPS different to the oem in terms of construction. The idea is that the bottom clamp is super sturdy whilst the top clamp has more lateral flex.
This apparently translates into very precise control and improved feeling through the bars for what exactly the road surface, tyre and suspension are doing.
If the end result is even close to the immaculate precision they're engineered with, I've a feeling they're going to be amazing!!

The clip-ons are pretty cool too. Adjustable bar angle from 0 to 7.5 degrees in 2.5 degree increments.
Very robust deign again, strong in all the right places.

Here's a time-lapse of Marshy and me doing the install:

The last thing for now was what to do with my ignition switch. IMA do one that is a work of art but I didn't really want anything to obscure my lap timer...\
'Launch' button it is then!!

Test run at the next ARDC day, can't wait!!