The bike is a repairable write off with the culprit looking to be the slight damage that the flywheel sustained.

We had a crack at removing the damaged flywheel but without the proper puller, it was a tricky bugger to get off!
The loctite on it also has a release temperature of over 200c!! Without knowing it, the temp we excerpted on the replacement flywheel (still on the crank) actually caused it to lose it's magnetic charge... The benefit of hind legs taught that there's no substitute for the right tool for the job!

With this in mind, it was off for a quick trip to Bikebiz to get them swapped out using the proper BMW tool. Here is where we discovered the replacement flywheel was without it's magnetic charge!!
After a bit of ringing around and head scratching about how to re-magnetise a flywheel, as luck would have it, Wolfie57 turned out to have a spare flywheel on the motor he was about to replace. A couple of favours later and I was back in business!!

Then it was back to the SSR workshop to get engine sealed up and rinsed out.

Next up, with the motor back together, I can start piecing together some crash protection along with Ti drilled caliper bolts, drilled oil sump and drilled oil filler plugs. Then I'll pull apart the brakes and give them a bit of an overhaul.