Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St George 7 / 8 Nov

Just checked the names, Clubsport D grade looks fun. Anyone notice the moto2 bike entered into 600s?
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

You'll be right.. you got 125hp on your bike anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Just checked the names, Clubsport D grade looks fun. Anyone notice the moto2 bike entered into 600s?
    Yep, its an older Moto2 bike but its got some tasty bits on it. Namely a set of KTR2 (or maybe 3) forks - Motor gets refreshed yearly by the Moto2 team. Pretty trick machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    3 races per class, at 5 laps right? $325 for 15 laps is expensive! $100 for the extra class, say you do bears/unlimted = $425 for 30 laps. Still quite expensive
    Yeah, but that's only looking at Sunday. Most people do the Saturday (north circuit) too. Which then makes it $580 for 60 laps. Including two bike spots (half a garage). Plus separate warm up and qualifying sessions.

But I look at it much more about how many 'at bats' you get (times on track) rather than race laps.... my view is that I'd much rather be on the bike 10 times in a day for 5 laps each than 4 times in a day and do 12 laps each time. Same number of laps, but - for me at least - much much much more enjoyment out of more sessions. Which is the downside of ASBK; it's much more like WSBK or MotoGP - there are fewer, much longer sessions (practice and racing), which I don't like nearly as much as having lots of starts/sessions/finishes etc.

Speaking of expensive... the last FX round: one day of racing, $455 entry (one class), plus $180 for two bike spots. Dunno how many races (3? 4?) or race laps (7? 8?), but when you've paid $635 for a single day, there'd need to be a LOT of race laps to make it as good value for money.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    Not a lot of competitors at this stage.
    http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=v2u2u2
    Did anyone notice I'm now riding an Aprilia SP? It's last year's ART MotoGP bike....

Yeah rite!!! I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Speaking of expensive... the last FX round: one day of racing, $455 entry (one class), plus $180 for two bike spots. Dunno how many races (3? 4?) or race laps (7? 8?), but when you've paid $635 for a single day, there'd need to be a LOT of race laps to make it as good value for money.
    FX schedule for Friday/Sat events

Rd7 will be a two day Friday and Saturday day/night event, estimated finish time for both days is 8pm it will be still light until
    8.30pm.
    Friday’s schedule: Superbike will receive 2 x 15 minute timed practice sessions and 1 x 20 minute qualifying session. All other
    classes will receive 2 x 15 minute qualifying sessions and 2 races. Friday’s schedule is depending on circumstances such as weather
    etc or if qualifying sessions are split.
    Saturday all classes will receive 3 races.

Edit: Races are 6 lappers for Pro twins, Formula Oz and FX C & D grade. So $545 for 30 laps.... if you enter 1 class and aren't Marshy needing 20 garage spots for 1 class :P
    Last edited by Binksy; 19-10-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    So $545 for 30 laps.... if you enter 1 class and aren't Marshy needing 20 garage spots for 1 class :P
    I stand by my overkill on the bikes front

Walk softly and carry a spare motorcycle, I always say

St George 7 / 8 Nov

What is it again?
    "Two of everything, then two spare of the things I have two of..."
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Gah... I was hoping somehow there'd be some kind of paperwork fuckup and I'd miss out on entry... Hahah, just kidding kind of... Name is in print, nerves are jangling.

Yeah, but that's only looking at Sunday. Most people do the Saturday (north circuit) too. Which then makes it $580 for 60 laps. Including two bike spots (half a garage). Plus separate warm up and qualifying sessions.

But I look at it much more about how many 'at bats' you get (times on track) rather than race laps.... my view is that I'd much rather be on the bike 10 times in a day for 5 laps each than 4 times in a day and do 12 laps each time. Same number of laps, but - for me at least - much much much more enjoyment out of more sessions. Which is the downside of ASBK; it's much more like WSBK or MotoGP - there are fewer, much longer sessions (practice and racing), which I don't like nearly as much as having lots of starts/sessions/finishes etc.

True, i guess they price it for you to do the whole weekend - makes sense! Fx is as you've said, no different!

I stand by my overkill on the bikes front

Walk softly and carry a spare motorcycle, I always say
    Just jealous cause I don't have 2 bikes :(

All track time is expensive, unfortunately. It didn't used to be that way, but with no other tracks in Sydney, ARDC have a monopoly, massive demand, and free reign to set sky-high prices. It's $22k per day (on a weekend), plus mandatory cleaning and security ($5k for two days) to hire the track, so a two-day weekend is minimum $50k. St George's costs from last year were almost $75k for the weekend (medical, printing, office stuff, flaggies lunches, etc etc). If they get 150 riders, that's $500 each. If they don't (and don't count cross-entries in the numbers, because they aren't full-fare, so to speak), then the club wears the loss.

FX subsidises the costs with revenue from sponsorship, advertising, and a cut of Dunlop's action (plus other businesses that might want to spruik their wares).

But any way you cut it, it's an expensive activity!

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Just jealous cause I don't have 2 bikes :(
    But money is free in the current interest rate environment! Anyone will give you a wad of cash for up to 2 years, interest free. Go nuts, I reckon.

Disclaimer: Not sound financial advice.

What did the PI club race(Prestons??) day cost recently Marshy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    What did the PI club race(Prestons??) day cost recently Marshy.
    Can't remember.... Less than St George/FX, but not much less, from memory. Factor in the garage, and it was pretty similar. That's cross-entering also.

The cost of hiring Phillip Island for Prestons two years ago was $36k for the two days. Dunno what other expenses they incurred, but that was what they paid PI circuit. So a fair whack cheaper than 2 days at the Creek, but still not loose change....

The FTR600 is racing in the BEARS as well. Who cares about money, having a good time with friends is more important. It cost $425.00 to race at PI in August with Prestons
    Last edited by Kimbo; 19-10-2015 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    The FTR600 is racing in the BEARS as well. Who cares about money, having a good time with friends is more important. It cost $425.00 to race at PI in August with Prestons
    Hmmmmm. Japanese engine, so is it actually a BEARS bike?

Totally agree Kimbo re the money. If you wanna cheaper hobby, go play golf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Membership and green fees= Highway robbery!

Totally agree Kimbo re the money. If you wanna cheaper hobby, go play golf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, like Bimota YB and SB series of bikes

Might seem like a silly question, but what classes race together? If I've overlooked it, or it's in the MOMS, then I will feel bad, sorry Owen

Hey Nath, the classes are on the supp regs: http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=v2t2x2

Once they've numbers confirmed, they'll release a programme of events that'll likely look something like this:
    http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=t2z2q2

Practice day on the Friday now

That old kettle of fish ...

whats an Aprilia 250 then

Basically it must have a MAJOR part that's B,E or A ish and BE badged as a BEAR ie a Harris Honda is bad but a Harris with a Honda engine is OK

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Hey Nath, the classes are on the supp regs: http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=v2t2x2

Once they've numbers confirmed, they'll release a programme of events that'll likely look something like this:
    http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=t2z2q2
    Thanks mate! The waiting is killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    whats an Aprilia 250 then
    Aprilia make a 250? Or anything other than race RSV4s? This is news to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    Practice day on the Friday now
    Yeah, it's an ARDC Private Practice.

Cool

It's all a small price when looking at those shiny bits of plastic sitting on ya shelf afterwards..... Eh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Button699 View Post
    It's all a small price when looking at those shiny bits of plastic sitting on ya shelf afterwards..... Eh!!!!
    Love the bling!

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Might seem like a silly question, but what classes race together? If I've overlooked it, or it's in the MOMS, then I will feel bad, sorry Owen
    The list of competitors shows the events ie what classes are in each event.

Oh, okay, so unlimited clubsport has 5.11.17 next to it, that is the race number? Or event number? Ie, 5th race, 11th race and 17th race?

That makes sense, so whatever classes have those, are gridding up together? Cool, thanks, if I have that right!

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Ie, 5th race, 11th race and 17th race?
    This is correct

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    Love the bling!
    Only reason I show up!! And to try beat you!! Hahaha. You better bring ur A game mate

Only reason I show up!! And to try beat you!! Hahaha. You better bring ur A game mate
    Don't you worry about me, soil brother
    But your a C grader, so it's not fair really is it hehe.
    I cannot wait BTW 🏻
    You staying across the road Ben?

Apparently it's all booked out according to the missus... I'll give me a call and tell them to save me a room if one becomes available

Apparently it's all booked out according to the missus... I'll give me a call and tell them to save me a room if one becomes available
    Yes it is. I booked in September as its STG plus ACDC are in town also

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    Yes it is. I booked in September as its STG plus ACDC are in town also
    That explains it

Much healthier updated entry list was posted up on Sunday: http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=v2u2u2

Getting very excited!!

I dunno, that still looks pretty sparse.. look at all the double entries!?
    How's the SP-1 coming along btw?

How's the SP-1 coming along btw?
    Just waiting for it to be delivered

Yeah, it's an ARDC Private Practice.
    Speaking of which, ARDC just chased me with the customary prompt for bike registrations. There are 5 already (and I'm about to send mine in), so I'm sure there'll be no shortage of numbers, but get 'em in anyway folks! It's not like you're not gonna turn up even if the weather looks a bit iffy. And it makes the registration process much easier if you've already paid.

I'll sort mine out tomoz.

PP form submitted.. boom! Can't wait!!

if i had ordered fairings a lil bit earlier, maybe, just maybe, I could of entered
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

I've got an old crashed set I could lend you...? Not pretty but they work.

I've got an old crashed set I could lend you...? Not pretty but they work.
    thanks but no thanks Owen .. need to do a shakedown b4 I go out an race it from the rebuild
    visit my page:
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au

Nick !!

Are the boys workin their magic on my paint job?? ;-)

Also, when can I expect to pick up the forks?
    visit my page:

Good plan, Cam. Blow away the cobwebs!!

You still on the rebuild from Wakefield Cam? Didn't realise your stack was that bad :(

Just heard from Jan that Formulas 3-5 have been moved from BEARS to 400 race as 400's only had 9 and they were worried about lap time differentials in BEARS.

She's getting loads of late entries which is good as she reckons they haven't taken enough cash to pay for the track hire yet!
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

Glad to hear it's filling out. It's a great event, would be a shame to see them struggle to make ends meet.

Thread Information