Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: St George 7 / 8 Nov

Yiewww!! Great footage
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Love your editing nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubbin's racing as they say, and if this had rubbed we would have both been gone, it was much much closer than even these stills appear :-)
    and I have to say the pink vest probably saved both of us, although I was probably to cautious with my overtaking because of the vests as well as being way of my best over the weekend.
    0.png1.png2.png3.png
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Hey Nick,

old school is best.. music accompanying the bike vid shouldn't be there.. bike sounds only.. go vroom vroom

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    rubbin's racing as they say, and if this had rubbed we would have both been gone, it was much much closer than even these stills appear :-)
    and I have to say the pink vest probably saved both of us, although I was probably to cautious with my overtaking because of the vests as well as being way of my best over the weekend.
    0.png1.png2.png3.png
    Rubbing's racing only applies to cars. On bikes it's dangerous. Post the vid tho. Maybe the angle is deceiving?
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Hey Nick,

old school is best.. music accompanying the bike vid shouldn't be there.. bike sounds only.. go vroom vroom
    But I like the music!

rubbin's racing as they say
    Wooo I got to go racing!
    IMG_20151109_185011[1].jpg

Was a fun weekend and a reasonably fitting farewell to the R6 getting 1st C grade 600 clubsport and 2nd 600cc C grade Saturday then 2nd 600cc clubsport for Sunday. Still unsure why someone found the need to bounce off me on the back straight on the way through...

Considering all the really close and fun racing I've been doing with Rodney, Keith, Carl, Steve, Tom, Rob and Craig all year long it was kinda scary seeing what the extra ring in's we had at Sydney get up to on track.

Bring on the thousand for next year

What a weekend! My first St George meet went about 1000x better than expected. Cross entering in 600cc and 600 Clubsport meant plenty of races, and thankfully the results are now up on Natsoft because they all blend together in my memory.

Saturday was fun having never ridden North Circuit before. Love the flip-flop. Ended up with 2nd in 600 Clubsport D-grade and 3rd 600cc D-grade.

Having previously only managed 1:45's at my last GP circuit track day, I was fully expecting to be sitting mid-to rear of the pack on Sunday. Seems that throwing me in a race with some of you quick blokes provided sufficient motivation to drop 5 seconds off my PB, nailing a few 1:40 lap times over Sunday. Managed to stay infront of Rob to end up with 1st in both 600cc and 600 Cubsport D-grade.

I look forward to the full series next year.

Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post
    What a weekend! My first St George meet went about 1000x better than expected. Cross entering in 600cc and 600 Clubsport meant plenty of races, and thankfully the results are now up on Natsoft because they all blend together in my memory.

Saturday was fun having never ridden North Circuit before. Love the flip-flop. Ended up with 2nd in 600 Clubsport D-grade and 3rd 600cc D-grade.

Having previously only managed 1:45's at my last GP circuit track day, I was fully expecting to be sitting mid-to rear of the pack on Sunday. Seems that throwing me in a race with some of you quick blokes provided sufficient motivation to drop 5 seconds off my PB, nailing a few 1:40 lap times over Sunday. Managed to stay infront of Rob to end up with 1st in both 600cc and 600 Cubsport D-grade.

That's an insane amount to drop from your PB. Well done!

I had an awesome fun filled w/e. had 4the and 5th finishes in all races over the 2 days. One dnf race 2 on the Sat as I tried wets on a dry track. Don't seem to work so well. After the 4th bug slide just parked it. Also officially have led my first race as I got the holeshot from 4th in the last race on Sun. Had some fun racing with Gav Mundie in that one. He nabbed me on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post

Wow! great result mate, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    I had an awesome fun filled w/e. had 4the and 5th finishes in all races over the 2 days. One dnf race 2 on the Sat as I tried wets on a dry track. Don't seem to work so well. After the 4th bug slide just parked it. Also officially have led my first race as I got the holeshot from 4th in the last race on Sun. Had some fun racing with Gav Mundie in that one. He nabbed me on the line.

Hey mate, was just looking at results, 2nd race clubsport, tha last lap would be interesting? There were a few of us within the second over the line! I remember turn 9 was entertaining! I was on the old 04 R1, number 272. I can't wait for the next race meet!

Cheers,

Nath

just watched it, you were ahead into turn 9, was exciting just behind you, top stuff though! Love all the detail in the vid, cheers!
    Last edited by zoidberg; 12-11-2015 at 08:41 AM. Reason: just watched vid

Hehe! Wish I had the rear camera. I'll say hi next time Zoidberg.

Ah, yes. I see the 4 of of you covered by .5sec.
    Last edited by Krackeye; 12-11-2015 at 08:53 AM.

0.png1.png2.png3.png
    Was this the last clubsport race on the sat?? I was watching this from on the roof.... There was a third bike in with you guys... I remember thinking fark... That is some close racing

Oooft! That is close.. Is that not Breezey??

Nice vids, mate
    What do you use for the overlay??

Cheers. Racerender.

Cheers. Racerender.
    Very cool. What logger/timer did you use with it? Was it easy to sync up?

Speedangle.
    Once you get a handle on the software, very easy. Maybe 10mins.
    Mstevo's setup is awesome having seen it on the w/e. Records everything to the memory card and auto sorts the front and rear cam into PIP and overlays the data automatically. No work to do what so ever. Vbox I think he said it was.

Yeah, seen Mark's setup. Such a good bit of kit. Soooo easy! Massive timesaver too.

Hehe! Wish I had the rear camera. I'll say hi next time Zoidberg.

Ah, yes. I see the 4 of of you covered by .5sec.
    I wish I'd have put my camera on, would've been great, but first race meet, it was one less thing to worry about. Mind you, only doing one class, I had loads of time, so will know a little more for the next! Sure I will meet you soon, mate.

This is the first race on Sunday. With some dodgy editing at the start.

Hey guys still alive and kicking. Won't be riding for a while yet though. Bunged up ankle and wrist but hopefully won't be anything lasting. Hope everyone had a better weekend then I did!

This is the first race on Sunday. With some dodgy editing at the start.

"this video is private".

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Hey guys still alive and kicking. Won't be riding for a while yet though. Bunged up ankle and wrist but hopefully won't be anything lasting. Hope everyone had a better weekend then I did!
    Good to hear from you, Mick. I hate to say it, but in a nice return to old form, yours was the only significant stoppage and injury of the weekend. Bummer that it happened to you :( But good for the rest of us that there weren't a series of incidents

Nah Good to hear, I was down watching in November last year. Glad I didn't start the ball rolling for another one of those weekends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    "this video is private".
    Whoops. Should be ok now.

Heal up strong Kanga. Glad you weren't smashed up too bad.

Thread Information