Thread: Tyres

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    R6
    Just wondering, are the pirelli tyres the world superbike and supersport guys use the same as the ones we get off the shelf??

Im assuming not, and they would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Just wondering, are the pirelli tyres the world superbike and supersport guys use the same as the ones we get off the shelf??
    Not even close. In addition, there are different levels of tyre for different teams/riders (not that there's supposed to be). I heard some battling aussies were struggling to get the better tyres.

Nothing is as it seems.... allegedly.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Not even close. In addition, there are different levels of tyre for different teams/riders (not that there's supposed to be). I heard some battling aussies were struggling to get the better tyres.

I thought the superstock ones where? I know for sure the big boys aren't Steve Martin rattles of these different compound names

Why am I not surprised, wonder what the big boys pay for the special compounds.

R6

Yeah thought so. Know a couple of fellas that know a couple of fellas in the US motocross scene and they reckon there biggest advantage from the common Lad is the tries they run. Full custom for the top riders from track to track.

Thread Information