Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
Yeah, it's pretty good

To be honest, it's not too different to the earlier RSV4. It just has more top-end power, and it spins up more quickly above 9k. There are little things too, like the gearbox internal ratios are different (better in some places, and worse in others, so far). The brakes are very noticeably better, which will require a bit of investigation to figure out why (to potentially replicate on the earlier model).

Then there's the electronics. Farkin tops! Again, a few tweaks needed, but the potential is huge. Auto-blip clutchless downshifts. Race-dash, pit limiter, adjustable engine braking (on the fly), multiple maps, TC etc etc. Oh, and it automatically engages Launch Control when you come to a stop and engage 1st gear!

But you can add all this to an earlier model too.

I was impressed with the suspension setup too. Again, probably some small tweaks needed (I didn't even set sag or change the clickers), but it was pretty damn good. Ohlins 30mm carts in the front and a TTX GP rear. I'm not usually a fan of either the TTX rear or the 30mm NIX carts, but they were pretty good. The steering damper felt a bit too soft, but when I went to adjust it, it was already on full hard. Weird.
all these new electronic gadgets mite be good to have . but I think it takes the fun out of riding