Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New toy......

100% throttle and let electronics do the rest?

Come on Marshy, Rev it.

My launch control was amusing , first time I used it , The red lights went off , I am holding wide open at 10000rpm, but not in gear, shit, doh. Second race did it properly, but I caught up to the next row so quick I had to back off, but this causes problems as LC stays on till you hit 3 gear or over 160 km/h, so I then went backwards till I hit 3 rd gear at about 5ooorpm , ha , Chase time again

Na, LC disables in 2nd gear Kimbo and from memory

3rd gear on the standard ecu. On the APX it goes off at a certain speed, I think, or might be 2nd gear. Definitely not 3rd like the old bike.

Catching up to the next row quickly is a nice problem to have! I was getting a bit complacent about how good it was on the Sunday, and had a big wheelie in one race.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

A gear higher than 2nd/ speed of more than 160 kmp/h or throttle closed on a 2015 bike. I find it very hard to sit there with the throttle on the stop at 10,000rpm . I think I have been able to do it only once at Darwin ,

Wow awesome purchase Marshy what a machine and good to hear it now has the power to keep the BMWs at bay.

So is it a night and day difference to the older models or more just an improvement?

2015 MV AGUSTA F3 800
    2010 RSV4 FACTORY (TRACK BIKE)
    2007 KTM 300EXC

2005 CBR1000RR (TRACK BIKE SOLD)
    2004 KTM125SX (SOLD)
    2008 YAMAHA R1 (CRASHED)
    2002 YAMAHA R6 (SOLD)

More an improvement. And only the engine and electronics. The rest is the same awesome goodness it always was.

I finally logged on to the ECU today. Figured out how to put it into Xmas mode......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I finally logged on to the ECU today. Figured out how to put it into Xmas mode......
    That's gotta be worth a few seconds I reckon!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Ohhh pretty lights ...

It's sooooo cool!!! Not sure what any of it means, but just looking at it really floats my boat

Bit of an update.... I just took delivery of a new linear rate linkage from the clever chaps at Forsaken Motorsports (cool name!) in Canada.

I also got Glenn to re-jet and re-valve an OEM Ohlins shock. I've always liked the OEM (they are non-TTX and therefore actually work without a team of technicians at the track with you the whole time), but they lack some comp adjustability standard.

I've struggled for rear grip on the RF, so I'm hoping a combination of changes will sort it out. I'm also changing the swingarm pivot point, which I reckon is too low on the new bike. I'm gonna try going to the R rear geometry, as I was actually still quickest on a standard R framed bike than any of the Factory framed bikes!

That's a gorgeous piece of machining.
    Very keen to hear how this feels and if it makes it magic!!

Fitted

Not quite as cool as a wee blue light but I reckon it looks pretty trick anyhow

More trick bits. A GPS module for the fancy ECU.

I've also pulled the whole front end out again, and replaced the 'old bike' geometry with the new bike inserts again, but in the World SuperStock positions. I can report that even though the new geometry in stock trim is ridiculously different to the old bike, the new inserts in the WSTK position ends up being within 0.1 of a degree and 2mm overall wheelbase as the old bike!!!!! Possibly by design, as the old geometry was much better, IMHO.

Ooooooh, fancy!
    So what will the GPS module allow you to do?

Good information Nick. So are you saying the normal "R" geometry is that close to the fancy SuperStock?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Ooooooh, fancy!
    So what will the GPS module allow you to do?
    According to the resident guru, Kris, not very much. But it looks tops, and lights up with a little red light, and that's good enough for me!!! In theory you can do per-corner adjustments (TC, wheelie, mapping etc), but I'm just gonna use it for lap data and coolness

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    Good information Nick. So are you saying the normal "R" geometry is that close to the fancy SuperStock?
    At the front, yes. The rear WSTK setting is like the new bike, not the R. The R was less anti-squat, which I'm hoping will improve rear drive grip.

Youve gotta be a bloody factory trained Aprilia software engineer and be able to rewrite their stuff to get it to work! Be keen to know if you get the lap data all working fine Nick ( I did, then it broke, and never unbroked)

Thread Information