Thread: Woodcraft ... Keyswitch Elimination Harness Assembly

Woodcraft ... Keyswitch Elimination Harness Assembly

These would work on AU bikes once you flashed out the immobiliser? ???? Save having to install another switch! No cutting so can put back it back to stock if required.

https://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/cgi-bi...on&key=43-0400

Yeh I have seen those, it looks like it will work with a flashed out immobiliser. I like the way it is plug and play too.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Yeh I have seen those, it looks like it will work with a flashed out immobiliser. I like the way it is plug and play too.
    Thx Carl. They looks like a X wiring setup. Wonder how hard to get required plugs and replicate? Why have a separate switch to the stock kill? Saves weight and does the job.

Does it turn off the ignition as well stop the bike when you hit the killswitch with it installed? Might be the reason you would want a separate electrical on switch? Too lazy to watch the video hahhahaha
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Has anyone installed one of these on a 09-12 ZX6? I'm pretty new to the track bike thing.

I bought a track bike with a PC5 installed, and was wondering about all this immobiliser talk/reflashing, and if it would be an issue for my bike.

1. How do I know if it's been reflashed or not?
    2. Would it work without reflashing on my ZX6?
    3. How does one get their bike immobiliser reflashed if I needed to?

Thanks, guys.

You cant really tell if its been reflashed or not, since it just changes the tune around and other settings. Without knowing the bike before or after its hard to say. The woodcraft wiring loom would not work without a flashed ecu since the ecu will still be searching for the key code/immobiliser. Zx6 is tricky to say some say they can flash the immobiliser out and others say they cannot. Lots of places offer ecu flashing for zx6, usually through woolich, tuneboy or ftecu software. I would send a message off to BC performance since they race zx6 and would be reflashing ecus very often, just keep in mind they are a bike shop and may try to sell you stuff you do not need/want before knowing the answer.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Thanks, Carl. I might give BC Performance a call over the Summer. Thanks for the tip regarding the over-sell.

I'm pretty sure it DOES NOT work on a 09-12 zx6r (or even the earlier 07-08) unless you change your ECU/harness for the US model as the AUS one has the immobilizer and even flashing it won't really do much for you...

Well, shit. There goes that idea.

What if I bought a ZX6 Racing Harness? I get to relocate the voltage regulator which I've wanted to do for a while now, and maybe bypass that immobilizer completely?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Row; 02-10-2017 at 01:04 PM.

I have that harness and lemme tell you it only works with a Race ECU... cheapest option is:

-buy used US harness + US ECU
    -google 'no key mod'

I think Little Mick did or was going to do that to his bike, not sure if he went all the way though

US bikes don't need an immobiliser by law but we and most of Europe does.

I have the woodcraft on one Ninja 250 and the other I made up the kill switch mod component myself ... identical wiring to the woodcraft, but the woodcraft is nicer. These bike were before immobilisers were mandated so it isn't an issue.

I also have the woodcraft for the 2008 R6 ... I am going to flash it with FlashTune (one day) to flash out the immobiliser capability and I'm pretty confident it will then work. Flash Tune says that their package for the ZX6 also removes the immobiliser.

I wouldn't have thought that bike manufacturers make completely different harnesses or physical ECU's for their bikes by country. Rather it's just software they chose to enable in them. I spoke with Woodcraft directly re the R6 and they were pretty confident it should work, give them a call re the ZX6.

I note that FT don't seem to make different versions of their systems for US and non US.

Anyway what do I know ... my 2 cents. I really like the one switch, I put Anderson connectors on my batteries so that and the end of the day I just disconnect and no parasitic drain on the lithium batteries.

A simple test to see if your immobiliser had been already flashed out would be to get a locksmith to cut a plain key from the original ... say $15 and then try to see if you can start the bike with it.

Thread Information