Thread: R6 throttle tube mod

R6 throttle tube mod

Hey has anyone done this mod on L1 Suzuki+?

Not an L1 but I've done them on earlier versions. Straightforward and well worth it!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

oh true? I'm having difficulty figuring out if I need to dremel the housing or not.. I don't think I do because it fits and moves as it should. Only thing I think I need to do is loosen the cable at the throttle body because the only way throttle snaps back is if the adjuster is wound all the way in at the handlebar.

Quote Originally Posted by Papey View Post
    oh true? I'm having difficulty figuring out if I need to dremel the housing or not.. I don't think I do because it fits and moves as it should. Only thing I think I need to do is loosen the cable at the throttle body because the only way throttle snaps back is if the adjuster is wound all the way in at the handlebar.
    I'd err on the side of caution with the housing...
    Throttle stuck open is not something I'd be keen on for the sake of a few minutes with the dremel!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Going to google this mod now. Curious

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    Here's an R6 one I did recently, scroll down to post #64.
    http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthre...e-Build!/page2

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    http://www.gixxer.com/forums/80-06-0...s-r6-pics.html

I once fucked up a quick throttle home-made jobbie.... and it was an experience I'll never forget! The throttle moved just fine in the shed, but on the first lap around, over the hill out of T5 and it got stuck WOT. Massive wheelie, massive stoppie, all while the bike is revving its nuts off at 16k rpm, and ended up running straight on into the deep gravel trap on the left of turn 6 (no longer there). The bike stayed upright, but the front wheel was buried below the axle, and it took 3 guys to drag the bike out. Scared the living shit out of me, and made me ultra careful about throttle mods! The throttle was so stuck it needed to be disassembled to release it. Be careful, is all I can say.

Banned
    I use hot glue pumped into a few drill holes then shape the ramp with a dremel

what is wrong with standard stock??

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    what is wrong with standard stock??
    Two grabs for full throttle is one too many, for me... Were your R6 days really on OEM throttle? Missed a trick there!!

Easy fix once gloves back on last thing roll wrist forward so full throttle perfect position.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I once fucked up a quick throttle home-made jobbie.... and it was an experience I'll never forget! The throttle moved just fine in the shed, but on the first lap around, over the hill out of T5 and it got stuck WOT. Massive wheelie, massive stoppie, all while the bike is revving its nuts off at 16k rpm, and ended up running straight on into the deep gravel trap on the left of turn 6 (no longer there). The bike stayed upright, but the front wheel was buried below the axle, and it took 3 guys to drag the bike out. Scared the living shit out of me, and made me ultra careful about throttle mods! The throttle was so stuck it needed to be disassembled to release it. Be careful, is all I can say.
    You say this after I've already dremmeled and done the mod! ah well I think its good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Papey View Post
    You say this after I've already dremmeled and done the mod! ah well I think its good to go.
    I guess the point was that if you were wondering whether to dremel or not, definitely dremel. More room is better than less room.

Yeah.. it took me a bit but I realised that I 100% had to dremel. Also drilled a hole into my clip-ons so my right switchbox doesn't slide when I twist the throttle - only 4mm from having the grip at the end of the bar

Thread Information