After seeing Sicko's bike build I thought I'd give everyone a laugh and share my experiences so far getting my bike fixed and ready for the track.. Up until this point I'd never touched anything on the bike, fearing it would explode.. So I've definitely been fumbling along.. and the story goes...

1. Got the bike home - stripped off all the crap. Took it to a bike shop and asked them to put on a mid-pipe, fix up the slip-on, and swap the tyres back to my supercorsas.

1.5 Got the bike home.. started it.. engine was fine but rear wheel wasn't spinning. Spent a day thinking about it to realise there was no chain... went back to the shop and got the chain and a chain tool to fix it

IMAG0207[1].jpg

2. Mate said to call Marshy to sort me out for all the bits I'd need without having to sell any organs to afford it

3. Took tank off, took off all the parts thinking I'd sand it back and get it painted. Bought a tank cover with my fibreglass instead.. put it all back together and back on the bike!
IMAG0227[1].jpg

4. Put a DNA filter in, drained the oil and changed the filter. Only had a 2 litre icecream container to drain in.. but I thought I'd have enough time to pour it into a bucket.. I guess I figured it would come out slowly.. Anyway only spilled about 400ml of oil under the bike!

5. Put on clip-ons.. spent hours debating whether or not to cut the left switch box off as the guys at the bike shop said don't cut anything. Thankfully I didn't cut the clutch sensor wires.. not sure if I'll need the mode button or not though..
IMAG0413[1].jpg

6. Made a DIY thingymebob to stop the right switchbox/throttle twisting on the clipon. Used superglue so not sure how it'll pan out...
IMAG0414[1].jpg

7. Put on gilles factor x rearsets and GBR covers. And stickers on the swingarm
IMAG0416[1].jpg
IMAG0462[1].jpg

8. Did the R6 throttle mod and chucked some grips on - Learned that hairspray > grip glue.. spent 30 mins muscling the throttle tube grip on with the glue.. no amount of jerking off could prepare you! Then used hair spray for the other and it was on in 5 seconds..
IMAG0458[1].jpg

9. Finally went to refit OEM chain.. don't know how the bike shop took it off the swap my tyres back but... Going to put my 520 chain n sprockets on when I get a chainlink I've had ordered for 4 weeks!
IMAG0455[1].jpg

If anyone knows a good way to mount the front brake reservoir please let me know!
Anyway hope that was good for a laugh. More to come when I try and fit the fibreglass!