Thread: Will I die if...

Will I die if...

I run old used pads on brand new discs? Discs are a different model to the previous ones...

You'll be fine. But it might take a bit longer to bed in than normal, as the pads need to wear in to the new discs (they will currently be shaped to the imperfections of the old discs).

I have some spare new Vesrah SRJL pads if you want some? I ordered 3 sets recently, so I have extras. They are the very new SS compound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Phew OK - cool. They are about 55% used, happy for them to take a little longer.

I have spare new pads, I'm just being a tightarse and dont want to waste a set of partly used pads haha!

A new SS compound , cool! Let me know how they compare with the XX (which is what I've got)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    A new SS compound , cool! Let me know how they compare with the XX (which is what I've got)
    Apparently they are the best of both worlds... the initial bite of the 17 and the long, strong, non-fade stopping of the XX. We will see

They didn't make a 17 for our bikes. They were only available for 600cc-type bikes. I ran them exclusively on the R6 and they were unreal. The XX is a more durable compound for the increased stopping requirements of the litrebikes.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

cool look forward to your report!

Thread Information