Thread: Newbi stupid question of the week RSV4

Newbi stupid question of the week RSV4

So stupid question have I set up my front stand wrong in some way? Couldebt get the axel out when removing the front rim

Had to resort to the head lift stand from the CBR....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those pickup stands are shit. You need pickups like this:

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Hmmmm ... spewing I brought this on just for the bike cause the head lift is a pain in the ass with the fairings on the ape.

You can buy the different pick up arms? Seperately. I have a headlift stand aswell that I only use when the fairings are off for taking forks out or maintenance, hasn't worked without hitting the fairings on R1, RSV4 or ZX7. Hmm, maybe I'm the common element here..

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Hmmmm ... spewing I brought this on just for the bike cause the head lift is a pain in the ass with the fairings on the ape.
    Turn the pickup around or just use the plate on the caliper mount

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Turn the pickup around or just use the plate on the caliper mount
    Turning the pick up around won't work cause it'll still hit the stands frame, using the plate could work, would there be a risk of it slipping off though?
    Il check it out Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Turning the pick up around won't work cause it'll still hit the stands frame, using the plate could work, would there be a risk of it slipping off though?
    ... check carefully always (and no balancing).... but I meant to use the reversed pickups under the caliper casting... which would move the stand backwards ... depending on the diameter of the stand hole you might be able to pick up CHEAP (ie without fabrication) a replacement (longer) pin at Bunnings etc (gal water pipe ... solid alloy bar) ... I've got some high density nylon bar here 30mm and 28mm (from memory) but you have to use a lathe to mill it down (I use if for handle bar extenders/bar ends and wheel changing helper 11823111_607982509342156_5455566867586819151_o.jpg see handle bar and under bike ) ... I picked it up a nylon place in 7hills for 20bucks ...

If they iz Kaneg, can't you just use the rubber prong options?

Could you add some packing to the pinned flat to lift it up more and fabricate a longer pin (upside down bolt) ???

Anderson pins that Nick mentioned are great, they might fit in a Kaneg (or whatever you have), call Anderson and ask for diameter dimension, think you can just buy the pins? Or have a go at fabricating your own? Would a suitably sized bolt, with the ends covered in a few layers of plastidip work?

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Anderson pins that Nick mentioned are great, they might fit in a Kaneg (or whatever you have), call Anderson and ask for diameter dimension, think you can just buy the pins? Or have a go at fabricating your own? Would a suitably sized bolt, with the ends covered in a few layers of plastidip work?
    I measured mine, and the round Anderson pins are 40.3mm across.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Looks line I'm going to have to make something up custom, I may just end up using the head lift stand with the larger pin.

I've emailed Kaneg I'll see if they come back with any options

Thread Information