Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xmas presents.....

Okay, I'll probably have to get one from you Marshy. Damnit, anyone need a kidney? It'll be pretty cheap.

Thanks for the info Marshy and Sicko. Could have sworn you'd previous talked about the speed angle on here Marshy but must have been wrong. I know a couple of blokes with Speed Angle who don't seem to have many complaints. Been trying to organise myself to pick something up although with the current racing calender might not be till March. Bike needs tyres slightly more than lap timer :(

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Thanks for the info Marshy and Sicko. Could have sworn you'd previous talked about the speed angle on here Marshy but must have been wrong. I know a couple of blokes with Speed Angle who don't seem to have many complaints. Been trying to organise myself to pick something up although with the current racing calender might not be till March. Bike needs tyres slightly more than lap timer :(
    I've talked about the XT Racing timers. I still have the early GPX Pro version, and I largely still love it, but it's running pretty shit now - it's very slow, the backlight has a mind of its own, the screen goes all unreadable about half the time, and I struggle to download data to a computer. So it was time for a new one, although the XT is going to stay permanently fitted to the wet bike. Because I loved the GPX Pro so much, I got in a bunch of the newer Zed model from XT, and frankly didn't like it much at all. There were a bunch of features that the old one had that the Zed doesn't have.

I'm interested in hearing about the Speed Angle.... who on here uses one?
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I picked up a speedangle from the wifey for Christmas. I have only used it once and it is my first lap timer so I don't have any reference to compare it to. But it has been great to far and very easy to use. I just turn it on and ride and it does its thing. The screen is easy to read and see. The software is easy to use and easy to overlay your laps and run them against each other to see differences in lines and speed for each lap.

And the after sale support so far has been great. I had a small issue (which turner out to be nothing other than operator error) and I called up the oz distributor and he talked me through it on the phone, no problems.

The bracket it comes with is a bit shit and the timer would fall out very easy in a crash but I have modified it now to hold the timer in properly. The only other thing I would have liked was it being powered by 12v straight off the battery so you don't have to remember to charge it the night before.

Yep ive got a speedangle. Used it quite alot now. Very easy to read during the session or race to know if im on times or not, top speeds, can tell if im going fast or slow with splits etc. Angle is a bit of a gimic for us club racers because really we arent going into enough detail to need that exact same lean figure every corner etc. The data streams are ok to review, lines etc are consistently marked out and easy to see where time is made up or lost. I have had my gps data overlayed onto google maps twice but its unnecessary. Being able to add other signal streams to the data would be helpful like brake pressure and throttle but it cant do this. For the price i got it for it has served me wondefully and does everything i require of it. The software is a bag of shit tho hahahahhaha. Ive actually done alot of data engineering at uni with a full motec electrical system where we had about 85 data streams from the multitude of sensors on the car. If i had the money i could find more time through the sensors but the price of the data logger is nothing in comparison to the sensors, plugs, loom and dash required to feed it.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

I find the mount ok seems solid enough and it didnt come out during my 4 hour bike flipping highside hahahahah. Its mounted to a plate thats bolted to the top triple and i also some tape to just stop it from potentially popping out of the mount (this doesnt cover the screen or anything tho).
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

I have a speedangle and dont bother with the holding plate, I just use industrial velcro and put it inside the fairing to the left of the bars. Worth noting as well that you dont actually need the GPS cable, it works perfectly well without it so its one thing less to try and attach to your bike.....
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

Thread Information