Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xmas presents.....

Enjoy the shock mate! Certainly treated me well

xmas additions.jpg And the Christmas Morning additions to the bike parts list For both Stu and I.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Someone has been a good boy this year Carl 🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahahhaa, no one to say you havnt been good if you buy them yourself Also buying them around xmas period stops people from judging the splurge hahahahahhha Kitson top tip. New years Resolution: My laptime will be a 1:3x.xxx and 3s or lower at Wakey.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Attachment 1597 Attachment 1598 Attachment 1599 Attachment 1600 Attachment 1601 Attachment 1602 Attachment 1603 Twas the night before Christmas and all were jolly in the Kitson Household. Preparations for the New Year had been made and completed and once again there may be some surprise updates in roughly 9 hours times. New forks, shock, rearsets, levers, ecu map and a few other tasteful additions have been added to my bike over the last few days. testing shall commence on the 2nd. Also Stu23 picked up his prize for the St G championship. Fancy fancy Wheel Balancer. There may be a new race suit, some race stands, A set of Tyres, Some new fairings and a whole bunch of maintenance materials missing from these images Gotta love picking up prizes before Christmas
    Sweet mate! Good looking bits right there!

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    Bought Binksy's spare r6 wheel's
    And treated my self to some new gloves and there bloody awesome

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    exact same gloves i got now
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-Man View Post
    exact same gloves i got now
    I Was looking at some on line today, Boxing Day special and all. What's the sizing like ? I've got Gimoto atm which are great, I couldebt get a pair of Astar that felt comfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    I Was looking at some on line today, Boxing Day special and all. What's the sizing like ? I've got Gimoto atm which are great, I couldebt get a pair of Astar that felt comfortable?

I found they ran a little bigger than the astars can only just squeeze into my gptechs but the Ricondi are much better and offer better feel in my opinion.

I have used them for a while now. On my second set. Love them. Best glove i have used. Even got another set for my road bike.
    If you are unsure on sizing, givr smarty a buzz and he will help you out. Great bloke

Cheers I'll give him s buzz tue.

These are all I use too, and have for a few years now (been through a couple of sets). They really are tops. Being kangaroo, they stretch about half a size on first wear, so go for the fit/length between the fingers.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Good to know... I need a new pair as my current one is a bit too tight and takes me too long to get them on/off.

I've still got a few brand new sets you can try at the track if you like. You too, Luke.

Finally upgraded. I'm selling them now, so want to be using them too. Everybody, and I mean everybody, is using them now, so comparing data should be a breeze. Hey, is there a thread for that yet??
    I still love my ancient XT GPX Pro, but I have to be honest and say it's been pretty flakey lately.

Beautiful bit of kit, this AiM stuff. Will properly mount it up before the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I've still got a few brand new sets you can try at the track if you like. You too, Luke.

Sweet, I might just have to give myself a late xmas present...

Ta.

What sizes do you have mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Slow bro View Post
    What sizes do you have mate?
    From memory (I'll check later) a 9 and maybe an 11 in black, and I think a couple of 10s in those special edition colours (white with the aussie flag). I'll check.

+1 For these Ricondi gloves. I've tried heaps of different types with no real success and several that didn't crash well at all.
    The Ricondi fit really well, it's easy to use the bike controls with and have survived a few offs too!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Finally upgraded. I'm selling them now, so want to be using them too. Everybody, and I mean everybody, is using them now, so comparing data should be a breeze. Hey, is there a thread for that yet??
    I still love my ancient XT GPX Pro, but I have to be honest and say it's been pretty flakey lately.

Woohooo!! You'll love this mate, they is da nutz!!
    Going to hard wire it in??

Attachment 1597 Attachment 1598 Attachment 1599 Attachment 1600 Attachment 1601 Attachment 1602 Attachment 1603 Twas the night before Christmas and all were jolly in the Kitson Household. Preparations for the New Year had been made and completed and once again there may be some surprise updates in roughly 9 hours times. New forks, shock, rearsets, levers, ecu map and a few other tasteful additions have been added to my bike over the last few days. testing shall commence on the 2nd. Also Stu23 picked up his prize for the St G championship. Fancy fancy Wheel Balancer. There may be a new race suit, some race stands, A set of Tyres, Some new fairings and a whole bunch of maintenance materials missing from these images Gotta love picking up prizes before Christmas
    Shieeeeeeeeeeet!! You win at Christmas mate!
    Keen to hear how the new bouncy bits go...

Very nice mate!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Going to hard wire it in??
    Yeah, I was gonna ask you about yours.... My power cord ends in a cigarette lighter plug. Same as yours?

Yeah, I was gonna ask you about yours.... My power cord ends in a cigarette lighter plug. Same as yours?
    Aye! That's the one, no match for a pair of side cutters tho!!
    There's probably a "How To" on here somewhere

Aye! That's the one, no match for a pair of side cutters tho!!
    There's probably a "How To" on here somewhere

Where did you source the shock from mate might be on the cards for me ☺

For the 2016 season, I shall be running MotoGP pressures exclusively.....

Dan make sure you borrow that for your famous moto2 tyre.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Where did you source the shock from mate might be on the cards for me ☺
    I got it from Binksy when he was selling all of his r6 bits. But, fancy r6 shocks are always kicking around, If i see one for sale ill link you to it
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

I got it from Binksy when he was selling all of his r6 bits. But, fancy r6 shocks are always kicking around, If i see one for sale ill link you to it
    Cheers mate ill keep a look out thanks again

Oh. My. God. I want one!! It says MotoGP on it!!!!! That's cooooool.

Faaaaancy! Mine says slime on it and it's accurate to roughly around a PSI depending on which way I am facing when I take a reading though, so I reckon I'm ahead.

How much Mr Marsh?

2012 BMW S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by Petefrost View Post
    How much Mr Marsh?

$490

http://superbikesource.com.au/produc...-laptimer.html

Oh my you sell them now might be due for a upgrade.☺☺

Buy this too Marshy... http://www.aim-sportline.com/eng/pro...rev2/index.htm can connect this to your logger/timer for automatically overlayed videos with your sensor streams. then we all get to watch super awesome videos.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Buy this too Marshy... http://www.aim-sportline.com/eng/pro...rev2/index.htm can connect this to your logger/timer for automatically overlayed videos with your sensor streams. then we all get to watch super awesome videos.
    I just ordered one!!! They are soooo exxy, but you get what you pay for

That's the daddy! Bring on Christmas.

bahahahhahahaha i was wondering if you had ordered one when i typed that ^^ good work Marshy
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Hmm, this interests me greatly.

All the cool kids have em!

I used to think I was cool, then cool changed.

Hmmm I do need a lap timer with a screen. Whats the difference between this and Speed angle Marshy?

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Hmmm I do need a lap timer with a screen. Whats the difference between this and Speed angle Marshy?
    I had a customer asking me that very question earlier today.

The Aim is cheaper, more sophisticated technically, has better software and is more robust and easier to use. And lots of people have them, so data sharing and analysis is much easier.

The lean angle feature is a bit of a gimmick. The '15 BMW had one built in on the dash, and it was interesting only for the first lap. After that it just displayed the same figures each time. Maximum lean was 58 degrees both ways, and that didn't change. It's pretty much the limit of the bike/tyres and isn't a reliable indicator of improvement (you can often corner faster with less lean angle by changing your body position). My new Aprilia has the feature but I've never even looked. It's also an 'indication'; it's not that accurate.

Disclaimer: I've never actually used a Speed Angle. How many people have you heard raving about them though? I never have, but I hear it about the Aim all the time.

The lean angle feature is a bit of a gimmick. The '15 BMW had one built in on the dash, and it was interesting only for the first lap. After that it just displayed the same figures each time. Maximum lean was 58 degrees both ways, and that didn't change. It's pretty much the limit of the bike/tyres and isn't a reliable indicator of improvement (you can often corner faster with less lean angle by changing your body position). My new Aprilia has the feature but I've never even looked. It's also an 'indication'; it's not that accurate.
    You can actually calculate lean angle using the 'Math Channels' output on the AIM. Here's a vid of my bro at Aragon using a program he wrote to overlay the data to the video.

I suspect you could tell Racerender or the like what table to look up and get it to work there too.

Good point! I'd forgotten about that.

When is a good time to get a lap timer for a beginner? I can see how it would help to know if you're actually being consistent or not

Quote Originally Posted by Papey View Post
    When is a good time to get a lap timer for a beginner? I can see how it would help to know if you're actually being consistent or not
    I'd get one as soon as you can. They're so useful for seeing where you're at and where to improve.
    For example, you can spit out single laps to Google Earth, with the AIM, so if you're trying a new line, you can see how it affects your times.
    You can also race 'ghost' times over your other fastest laps and see where you're losing/gaining time.
    Data Logger analysis has found me HEAPS of time, highly recommend!

As Owen says. I've always maintained that an untimed lap is a wasted lap. How else do you know if you're improving?

Thread Information