Thread: Clubsport rules

Clubsport rules

Does club sport update every rear to the next year model allowed to ride or is it only every couple of years it gets moved?

Rolling year. So the latest bike will be a 12/11 date for 2016

thanks chubb, I thought it was a rolling year.

the st George sup regs says the same as last year and hasn't changed and I was hoping to cross enter next year

must be a typo

Maybe they have finally seen the light? 🙈🙉🙊

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Rolling year. So the latest bike will be a 12/11 date for 2016
    It's 2010 bikes next year, not 2011. This year was 12/09.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Direct from Jan:

Clubsport is now as at 1/1/11 and Retro is now 31/12/96.

Quote Originally Posted by simonr View Post
    Direct from Jan:

Clubsport is now as at 1/1/11 and Retro is now 31/12/96.
    Yah, so compliance plate must read 12/10 or earlier. It's compliance dates 'prior to 1/1/11'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any difference between clubsport and 600s anymore?

Not anymore

No, but it'll change again when the new breed of 600 eventually comes out. It's a bit of an anomaly that most bikes simply haven't changed since '06, '07 or '08 (depending on brand) due to the GFC.

Has anyone had a look at the new rules for 2017 on st George website?

They've split the clubsport class into A & B classes to allow for different year bikes.

Class A is fixed pre 2007

Class B is a rolling year

That is one great idea but wrong cut off IMHO... at least for 600s. Pre 2007 will mean the class will pretty much be ruled by 2006 R6s... do it as a pre 2005 and you have an honest group of bikes
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 22-09-2016 at 04:44 PM.

NEW CLUBSPORT RULES FOR 2017.

The committee of St. George Club have, for some time, been having discussions regarding
    the current Clubsport rules. Quite a number of ideas have been suggested and considered and after long and lengthy consultations with riders and members of the motorcycle trade.

It has been decided that the Clubsport classes for 2017 will be as follows:-

600cc Clubsport A: For solo motorcycles 600cc 4 cylinder, 675cc 3 cylinder, 750cc 2 cylinder
    & 250cc GP with compliance plate pre 1/1/2007. This is a fixed date and
    ​​ will not change.

600cc Clubsport B: For solo motorcycles 600cc 4 cylinder, 675cc 3 cylinder, 750cc 2 cylinder
    & 250cc GP with compliance plate pre 1/1/2012. This date will move
    ​​ forward by 1 year annually.

Unlimited Clubsport A: For solo motorcycles 750-1300cc 2 and 3 cylinder, 750-1000cc 4
    Cylinder with compliance plate pre 1/1/2007. This is a fixed date and
    ​​​ will not change.

Unlimited Clubsport B: For solo motorcycles 750-1300cc 2 and 3 cylinder, 750-1000cc 4
    Cylinder with compliance plate pre 1/1/2012. This date will move
    ​​​ Forward by 1 year annually

​​​** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **

CHANGE TO RETRO RULES FOR 2017.

600cc and Unlimited Retro classes: For solo motorcycles as per previous regulations with
    the compliance plates now between 1/1/82 to 31/12/1997.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just recon clubsport A should progress year by year same as B and the current rules.

If as a example you have a Feb O7 CBR your stuck in B, forever in 3 years you could be racing someone in a 2015 R1m .... (Late 2014 build date)
    At least if it rolled as a bike became eligible one would drop in to A.

Not to mention entrant numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    That is one great idea but wrong cut off IMHO... at least for 600s. Pre 2007 will mean the class will pretty much be ruled by 2006 R6s... do it as a pre 2005 and you have an honest group of bikes
    Especially when said 2006 R6 is owned by a Kitson :P

Wonder if you have a choice whether to run in B even if your bike is older. No point if there's only 1 or 2 bikes at your grade in Clubsport A
    Last edited by zooker; 22-09-2016 at 06:35 PM.

We'll all still be in the same race on the track. Just different "class" i guess. Wont affect the racing just the points score. This change has literally made no difference since its the wrong year to choose for 600s. 1000s i dunno?
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Happy with this having recently acquired a k6 gsxr 1000, intending to enter some Vic events where pre modern goes up to 2006/7. Spoilt for choice now ��

Yeh but the real fun comes when racing the guys you're against in the points. Take the C grade this year. It's huge, heaps of bikes. If I was in a separate class there'd only be like 3 or 4 bikes.

See i dont see that... id just like a good battle with anyone on track, points are just a bonus. Like racing the A and B grade riders who turn up is great fun, learning, putting on some moves, trying everything to get there etc.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Absolutely... but then why have Clubsport at all? I obviously enjoy the extra racing it provides without having to buy a different bike but that 'bonus' is what it is supposed to be about when you create a new class, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    See i dont see that... id just like a good battle with anyone on track, points are just a bonus. Like racing the A and B grade riders who turn up is great fun, learning, putting on some moves, trying everything to get there etc.
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having a great bunch of guys around the same pace to race against regardless of grade. But, the next level of enjoyment is the whole 'championship' thing. I might ride a bit harder knowing you're behind me and the overall points are close, but if its a random B grader, and I'm tired, and my tires are going off then I'll just cruise to the finish without taking too many risks. Gives you a tad more motivation

Thread Information