Thread: Rear set options

Rear set options

Just seeing what brands people are using for rear sets, I've currently got som cheepies Installed on the rsv4 (gone through a few ...) there pretty good apart from the break leave is in a really high position. I've pretty much given up using the rear cause I'm locking it up. I've got vortex on the CBR and they are pretty good but again the break lever isn't adjustable.
    Anyone got vortex on an RSV4? Other brands recommended ? Wood craft, Light Tech??
    Are there brands where it's adjustable ??

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonamici

Tristan from ASBG can hook you up

Marshy has some superbike source ones as well

I'll have a chat with Tristan don't think the SS ones are adjustable.

Yeah they are adjustable. I like the brake high so I can reach it, but you can adjust it down. I'll show you how.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

These one are eBay cheepies but I'll grab some photos when I get the bike back.

Anything with folding toe pegs. Worth their little weight in gold if you are prone to erm... unforeseen circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Anything with folding toe pegs. Worth their little weight in gold if you are prone to erm... unforeseen circumstances.
    Lol I like the fixed pegs it's like another set of crash protection. Unfortunate I keep spare set with me at all times....

No no no... I said TOEpegs, not pegs! Pegs, absolutely... get them fixed. Toepegs, folding! In the event of a minor crash you can just remount and carry on whilst with a fixed toe peg will most likely bend or break away the lever. Same as folding brake/clutch levers, really.

No no no... I said TOEpegs, not pegs! .
    Ahhh yes agreed. Didn't read that properly it would seem ...

No no no... I said TOEpegs, not pegs! Pegs, absolutely... get them fixed. Toepegs, folding! In the event of a minor crash you can just remount and carry on whilst with a fixed toe peg will most likely bend or break away the lever. Same as folding brake/clutch levers, really.
    Not just during crashes. I have touched my rear brake lever on the ZX10 down a few times and am worried that it might dig in or lock the rear brake on, one day. So far it's just worn the tip away and slightly bent the brake lever.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Never thought about it like that... but you're right. I did have the odd wakefield bump cause a bit of drag.

I've got the fold up toe peg on the CBR (vortex) but I've gone through a few. That's the issue with having the break lever low..

Ouch!!

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Rear set options

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Ouch!!

Lol actually that's not from a crash. This time...
    It's like a 3rd knee slider, lets you know you have enough lean angle. In truth since I've improved my body position it hasn't happen again, I just haven't gotten around to replacing it.

Last edited by Ruckos87; 23-12-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Thread Information