Thread: RSV4 Post crash checks

R6

RSV4 Post crash checks

Hey All,

Had a little low side turn 9 at Eastern creek GP. Bike slid on its side for a bit and didn't flip.
    Was running on its side for about 20 - 30 seconds before i got to it and turned it off.

Just wondering is there anything I need to do / check engine wise after this.

Its RSV4 1000 09 model. Cheers Lads and merry christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Hey All,

Had a little low side turn 9 at Eastern creek GP. Bike slid on its side for a bit and didn't flip.
    Was running on its side for about 20 - 30 seconds before i got to it and turned it off.

Just wondering is there anything I need to do / check engine wise after this.

Its RSV4 1000 09 model. Cheers Lads and merry christmas
    It'll probably be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to crack the oil filter a teeny bit whilst the bike is running, to let out any trapped air bubbles in the oil circuit. You'll lose a bunch of oil in the process (half a litre, maybe).

Also the airbox will probably be full of oil (from the crankcase breather) so you might want to disassemble and degrease the airbox - or at least inspect it - before starting the bike. If you don't bother, you'll know in a minute or two after starting it anyway, cos it'll billow clouds of white smoke as soon as you get a little heat in the engine.

I'd also check the tipover switch. In theory it's in the front of the frame, but I've never found one on any Aust delivered bikes, even the 09 (and of course as soon as they went APRC they used the Bosch gyro as a tipover anyway).
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

R6
    Sweet mate, thanks for the info

Thread Information