Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: St George Round 1+2 2016 - SMSP

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    Just out of interest.......... what was said to the bears ..... I heard the CoC demanding you all go for a chat ROFL
    Michael got quite irate. Unlike Terry, who is a very naturally calm person. Michael seemed slightly in danger of blowing a fuse. It reminded me very very much of a dressing down to a Red group by Paul Bailey at a MEGA day... and about as useful. That particular stoppage was due to one rider causing a multi-bike accident. The rest are a combination of large numbers, close proximity and the occasionally questionable riding of many of the bears grid generally.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    Wow that's prob why MotoGP don't run them!
    Hope he's ok
    Robs ok ... given what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Yeah they shouldn't be allowed. I've seen that happen at a track day too.
    I was under the impression that they were banned in racing. Did the rules change recently to allow them, or have they always been allowed?
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Have to say I had an awesome introduction to racing in Clubsport 600.

Struggled on the Saturday on the North circuit layout just feels strange, also managed to race in the wrong class in my second race.

Sunday everything came together and managed to get into the 1:46's new personal best for me and finished overall 7th in D grade. Happy with that given the extreme transition from track days to a race.

Only thing I was disappointed in was my starts from the grid, could not get my head around getting away quickly.

Thanks to St George for putting on an amazing event and for making it accessible to newbies. The extra practice sessions were great for calming nerves.

Not sure if can go back to doing a track day after that, the rush of racing is just to much..

Can't wait for the next round.

Some footage from Sunday R17.

Last edited by cormac; 09-02-2016 at 11:26 PM.

FOOTAGE PLEASE ....

I found YT footage on FB of da meet. Then noticed that it was Metal that the rider was having the ding dong wiv ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    For the love of god, tell me this and the 1:39.966 gets you out of D grade once and for all!

Why you gotta be like that, Rick? I don't know how the grading system works but that was my first St George that didn't end up with several broken limbs, require a helicopter evacuation and cause injury that 15 months later, still affects me.
    Although I'm lucky enough to be able to put in some good lap times, I'm still brand new to this, I've really not done much racing at all.
    if I get re-graded at the end of the season that's fine, but I'm happy that for now, I'm where I should be and anything I'm lucky enough to achieve, is down to me achieving it.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Not many people get back up after a T1 off and RACE the same bike later that day. TOP effort mate!!
    That is so true! I can't believe you were back racing like a champ Brian!!! Well played mate, well played indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post

Well the Tarmac boys in our garage took home some trinkets. Successful day overall.

Top weekend, great company, top racing...trifecta!

Well done:
    Marshy
    Nathan
    Lee
    Josh
    Me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What a score, great work, must be the superbikesource stickers floating around, lucky charms they are! Can I have one Nick? It should get me into the 40's and hopefully 39s one day!

Top riding Nath!! Well done mate, you were going great guns out there!
    Amazing vibe in the pits, great to have you there.
    I'm not too cut about the weekend, a blown head gasket is a lot better than a blown engine!!
    Got the PB and trophies to keep me smiling too!!
    Thanks Owen! You guys definitely made it a more relaxing fun weekend being in that garage, t=many thanks to you all, a few laughs settled the nerves and a few pep talks from Pete got me back in the zone from frustration to having fun, which is what it is about.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    That is so true! I can't believe you were back racing like a champ Brian!!! Well played mate, well played indeed.
    Thanks mate! I can't really believe it myself! No good me buying a lotto ticket now after that, for sure.
    AKA The SV Guy

No.22

Racing St George and Australasian Superbike Championships in 2017 on:

2002 Yellow WeeSV 650

2010 Yamaha R6

Formerly on a Yellow 2000 SV650S (now deceased, thanks to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    For the love of god, tell me this and the 1:39.966 gets you out of D grade once and for all!
    It's only his second proper race meet Let him enjoy the spoils of all the hard work and recouperation first. Next year for sure he'll move up
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Anyone know why there are no handicap results for ClubSport 600 on Sunday?

http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pg_roadracepdf.php?id=v213s2

Carbon rims are ace, as long as the xray inspection routine is upkept, they are stored out of the direct sun and thrown away after any kind of impact (pot hole, dropped rim, crash etc)
    But yes the rule for them being permitted to race has disappeared from the rule book, probably forgotten to be updated.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Michael lost his temper ! again ! lolol mind you, im trying to figure out a new name for the Bears... suggestions ???

Boisterous, Egotistical and Aggressive Racing Series? BEARS. Beginners, Erratics and Accidentals Racing Series. ?? i dunno lololol
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Drop.. bears... just sayin...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

BULLs

that said ... I seem to remember 7 helicopters in Nov 2014 ... pretty sure that wasn't BEARS ... just saying ....
    Last edited by Linden; 10-02-2016 at 03:58 PM.

2 helicopters were not (Cheers Owen and Garry bahahahha) and the rest were split between bears and Unlimited, if my memory serves me right.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

But we always order surplus helicopters just to be safe...
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Why you gotta be like that, Rick? I don't know how the grading system works but that was my first St George that didn't end up with several broken limbs, require a helicopter evacuation and cause injury that 15 months later, still affects me.
    Although I'm lucky enough to be able to put in some good lap times, I'm still brand new to this, I've really not done much racing at all.
    if I get re-graded at the end of the season that's fine, but I'm happy that for now, I'm where I should be and anything I'm lucky enough to achieve, is down to me achieving it.
    It was a compliment Owen ... you're way too fast for D's.

Enjoy it owen. Well earnt. 39s is giving b graders a run. Awesome given your incident a while back. Keep it up

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    It was a compliment Owen ... you're way too fast for D's.
    Thanks man, not all about speed I guess. I Deff learned a lot this weekend too.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    Enjoy it owen. Well earnt. 39s is giving b graders a run. Awesome given your incident a while back. Keep it up

Thanks, Mick!! I couldn't be happier with the result!

We were told to calm the f#ck down or BEARS won't be racing again today!

I worked out that in my first 5 races of the weekend (BEARS & Unlimited Clubsport) only 1 went the distance without being red flagged!

To be fair Saturday was ridiculous, the standard of race craft was crap, most of the races didn't even make it past turn two without a crash! The Sunday was miles better after the first race and I think the GP circuit is better as there are more over taking opportunities and less frustration!
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post

Couldn't agree more, well done Owen! They'll probably move you straight to B grade at this rate! Looking forward to seeing the R1 in action..........
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

Yes, definitely the north circuit is a crash fest.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie57 View Post
    Couldn't agree more, well done Owen! They'll probably move you straight to B grade at this rate! Looking forward to seeing the R1 in action..........
    Hahaha, thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Yes, definitely the north circuit is a crash fest.
    Yup ... itz a fact!

Hahaha, thanks mate!
    I somehow see Owen going the Ape route ... ;-)

Tbh I've seen a swing arm split in the middle at track day... brand new Triumph too. Then there's that famous crash on WSBK on Marchesinis IRRC. Stuff will fail I think... sure CF is a bit more risky and I actually agree it shouldn't be allowed in racing but only because it's too hard to make sure it's 100% safe at the level we have here. But I'm sure MotoGP could do it if they wanted. I mean, if Ford can release a road car with stock carbon fibre wheels, it can't be all that bad.

Thread Information