Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St George Round 1+2 2016 - SMSP

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    It's that I'm not far away enough!
    HA!!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post

Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Does our ARDC membership still get us in, so we can use our tickets for others?

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    Does our ARDC membership still get us in, so we can use our tickets for others?
    Absolutely yes! It's tops

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Absolutely yes! It's tops
    Sweet. Thanks Nick 👍

Now, if they would just straighten out those pesky bends, we wouldn't have to chase handling either!
    I like straights

"As of last nights' final planning meeting for this weekends' 1st round of the Honda RJays Clubman Championship Series for 2016 we do not have enough officials to meet the minimum requirement to commence track activity.

We are in need of flaggies and runners.* If you know of someone who is able to help you race by helping us with marshalling, please ask them to email us janblizzard@bigpond.com*asap, so that we can arrange for catering and a ticket in their name at the gate.

Please note they will need to present themselves to the Race Secretary's office by 7.30am on Saturday to sign-on and be allocated and briefed for their role."

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BR; 04-02-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Good luck to everyone for this weekend. Stay safe! I'll swing by for a bit saturday morning to have a watch.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by BR View Post
    "As of last nights' final planning meeting for this weekends' 1st round of the Honda RJays Clubman Championship Series for 2016 we do not have enough officials to meet the minimum requirement to commence track activity.

We are in need of flaggies and runners.* If you know of someone who is able to help you race by helping us with marshalling, please ask them to email us janblizzard@bigpond.com*asap, so that we can arrange for catering and a ticket in their name at the gate.

Please note they will need to present themselves to the Race Secretary's office by 7.30am on Saturday to sign-on and be allocated and briefed for their role."

If I was able I would. Mind I'd be racing too if it weren't for stupid work . Safe racing to all and have fun.

All the best for those of you racing this weekend.

If anyone is in need of a volunteer for their club points I can probably make Sunday as a flaggie or whatev's....
    Send me a text- 0414 499 337. In the meantime i'll email Jan and tell her i'm available.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    All the best for those of you racing this weekend.

If anyone is in need of a volunteer for their club points I can probably make Sunday as a flaggie or whatev's....
    Send me a text- 0414 499 337. In the meantime i'll email Jan and tell her i'm available.

Jamie
    Please .... sorry for the early sms

Legend Jamie!!!

Have fun boys n girls..
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Top day today!! Awesome riding by (mostly) everyone. Track was great, racing was great. Trophies all around!

100%!! Totally awesome day. A fair few stoppages in some classes, sorry to see some folks leave in the Ambo!
    I'm still not great at launching the bike but I managed to put together some good laps and ended up coming home with max points, first in 600cc and first in Clubsport 600 D grade!

Can't say my day was the greatest, but it definitely wasn't the worst! You were in another league Sicko, I never saw you haha.

Congrats and commiserations to one and all.
    AKA The SV Guy

No.22

Racing St George and Australasian Superbike Championships in 2017 on:

2002 Yellow WeeSV 650

2010 Yamaha R6

Formerly on a Yellow 2000 SV650S (now deceased, thanks to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Helmet View Post
    Can't say my day was the greatest, but it definitely wasn't the worst! You were in another league Sicko, I never saw you haha.

Congrats and commiserations to one and all.
    Not many people get back up after a T1 off and RACE the same bike later that day. TOP effort mate!!

Fucking hell, buy a lottery ticket Brian! Glad you came up better then me mate.
    Some great racing today guys. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

I managed to put together some good laps and ended up coming home with max points, first in 600cc and first in Clubsport 600 D grade!
    W00t ... well done! And finally out of D Grade in 17!

Not many people get back up after a T1 off and RACE the same bike later that day. TOP effort mate!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Fucking hell, buy a lottery ticket Brian! Glad you came up better then me mate.
    Some great racing today guys. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow.
    Thanks gents. Pure luck was all that was, in a very unlucky situation. On to tomorrow!
    AKA The SV Guy

No.22

2002 Yellow WeeSV 650

2010 Yamaha R6

Well, my luck ran out today! Blew a head gasket in the first Quali for 600cc and had to call it a day.
    I could maybe have swapped out all the parts back to the other bike and got out for a race but, many hours of work & stress for maybe one race from the back of the grid seemed like more than it was worth.
    Still had a blinding weekend tho, fantastic banter in the pits as always and I'm very happy with how I was running, despite the setbacks.

There are two things in particular that I'll really remember!!

Well done mate!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39's! Whoohoo!
    Top stuff.

Yeah! Great stuff owen

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Tip of the cap Owen, great work mate

Well the Tarmac boys in our garage took home some trinkets. Successful day overall.

Top weekend, great company, top racing...trifecta!

Well done:
    Marshy
    Nathan
    Lee
    Josh
    Me

39s! You Sir, deserve praises!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post

Well the Tarmac boys in our garage took home some trinkets. Successful day overall.

Top weekend, great company, top racing...trifecta!

Well done:
    Marshy
    Nathan
    Lee
    Josh
    Me

Booyah!! Unreal weekend!! Everyone in our garages rode really, really well. I'm too tired to post more, but there'll be vids and stuff in the next few days!

What a top weekend! Last round last year was dipping the toes in the water, this one I had slightly more of a clue, but wow, just wow, racing is ridiculously fun, scary, frustrating, exhilarating and some other stuff too.

turn2.jpgScreen shot 2016-02-07 at 10.57.35 PM.png20160207_221413.jpg

Huge thanks to all the boys in the pit garage, Nick, Owen, Pete, Johnny, Lee and Josh for really making the weekend amazing fun. Such a great vibe in there! I must've been a pain in the arse with all my questions and whatnot, but I got so much useful advice about racecraft from everyone I was moaning too. Smiles and banter really make it more than just a race. My sister in law remarked on how amazing she thought it was, everyone jumping around to help each other and whatnot!

I have some video, but it's mostly of my arse and pink vest flapping in the wind, I'll youtube it eventually, but it's hardly worth a watch. Screenshot is from Josh leaning on me in turn one. Had some really fun battles with him on track, got him by 7 thousandths of a second in out first race according to the timing, but my visual and my mates watching on the roof reckon he got me. Thing is, my transponder was on my front fairing bracket, his on his forks

So overall, double entered both days, walked away with 1st, 1st, 2nd and a 4th!

Cheers boys, see you out there again soon!

Also, Owen, gutted for you mate, such a shame buddy.
    Last edited by zoidberg; 08-02-2016 at 06:34 AM.

Top riding Nath!! Well done mate, you were going great guns out there!
    Amazing vibe in the pits, great to have you there.
    I'm not too cut about the weekend, a blown head gasket is a lot better than a blown engine!!
    Got the PB and trophies to keep me smiling too!!

That is some trophy haul good stuff

Killing it nath.

Farking good day was Sunday. New PB 1:41.5 i think and amazing battles with everyone. Last race was the best race ive ever had and also was my best ever finishing position. Think the PB was the last lap of the day trying to chase down 6th place and just running out of time
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Had a great Saturday and an OK Sunday ... after finishing 3rd (yes there were more than 3 bikes) in the 400/Twinsprints leg 1 (6th in leg2) was just a massive road block after the BEST START of my life and held out and slowed the pack TwinSprints400_3rd.jpg to finish behind Harley and Pat (A graders)

BULLs woops BEARS was a bit of a bummer as I was the only F5 bike (not even any F4s) so came away with max points but really not that much fun watching the pack drift away with the only go fast motivation being "shit they're going to lap me" still got a bit of stating practice

Had an unremarkable weekend. Stayed upright but really wasn't with it. Ended up fighting the bike and track all weekend. Funny that it's called Eastern Creek cause if you aren't going with the flow boy its hard to ride.

Spent most of Sunday rolling around in the high 42's and 43's. Something finally started to click in the final race and got a couple of 41's which seemed heaps easier than the other laps but it was all a bit late to really get decent results. Still first real weekend racing on a new bike so can't really complain too much!

congrats on everyone gettin trophies an pb's
    I been off the bike waaaay to long, T1 n T5 really shits me with them crappy patches, could get anywhere near my pb in 2014 oh well shit happens
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Well that was an interesting 3 days at the track. Managed to take home a bit of silverware in B grade 600s and 600 clubsport and won the final clubsport race of the day after getting a good start from 2nd on the grid.

The north circuit is actually growing on me and it was great fun on Saturday as well. Shame about the delays on the Saturday and not getting the whole program completed due the constant carnage in 1 particular class.

First race weekend done and dusted. And what a weekend it was. I had a ball riding the M&D Racing R6, even after crashing it at Turn 1 on Saturday due to a mechanical.

Unbelievably, I wasn't hurt, and with the help from some awesome people, we managed to get back out on the bike in Clubsport 600 Race 2, finishing P14 from a P23 start. Chuffed with that.

Sunday was an awesome day. The racing in Clubsport 600 was intense. Rubbing elbows with riders and playing chicken with CARL-52 around corporate hill are some of the highlights for me. Results were two 11ths and in the third race I managed a 10th, which I am absolutely stoked with. These results netted me three 2nd places in D grade, landing me 2nd overall D grade Clubsport 600 for the day. Pretty happy with that.

To manage a top 10 result in my first race weekend, in a competitive class, after that crash, is absolutely unreal. I cannot thank all those that helped me out enough for getting me there.

Huge thanks to Rob from Well Sprung Motorcycle Suspension. Excellent service coming to the track to help sort me out.
    AKA The SV Guy

No.22

2002 Yellow WeeSV 650

2010 Yamaha R6

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Had a great Saturday and an OK Sunday ... after finishing 3rd (yes there were more than 3 bikes) in the 400/Twinsprints leg 1 (6th in leg2) was just a massive road block after the BEST START of my life and held out and slowed the pack TwinSprints400_3rd.jpg to finish behind Harley and Pat (A graders)

BULLs woops BEARS was a bit of a bummer as I was the only F5 bike (not even any F4s) so came away with max points but really not that much fun watching the pack drift away with the only go fast motivation being "shit they're going to lap me" still got a bit of stating practice
    You must be happy with 3rd place linden .I would be happy if I just finshed the race .

Quite a mixed weekend for me. Still had a blast, but also a few lessons learned.

Saturday was great. Had an average qualifying having been off the bike since FXRRC in December, but picked it up again in the races. Had some good close racing with my fellow C-graders and the odd B-grader. Best race result was 2nd overall in 600cc, but only managed a best of 6th overall in Clubsport 600's. It's a shame we missed out on the last race. Was getting seriously out-dragged by the newer more powerful bikes down the straight and out of the flip-flop, so had to try make it up under brakes and into corners. Not too many places to attempt an overtake on North Circuit though. Ended the round with 2nd 600cc C-Grade and 3rd Clubsport 600 C-Grade.

Sunday could've been better. Had an awesome qualifying nailing a 1.42 in 600cc and a 1.41 in Clubsport 600's to put me on the front row or close to it. First race got off to a good start, but got a bit too ambitious going for a pass at T8 on the first lap. Quite the brain fart and am still shaking my head why I went for it. Anyway, a combination of coming in quite tight, possibly a slight drag of the brake and way too much steering input saw me lose the front and tumble off into the gravel. Very glad I didn't take out the guy I'd just passed. No major injuries for me thankfully, just a bit battered and a bruised ego. Bike needed a new clipon and rearset and was good to go after only missing one race (thanks to another major stoppage in another unnamed class...). I got out for 3 of the remaining races, but just circulated around the back making sure the bike was still good and just working on the confidence again.

Vids to come for anyone interested
    Last edited by zooker; 08-02-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Awesome weekend. Was a great vibe around the pits, with some great racing to be seen. Was good to see and catch up with everyone.

Racing wise for me, not much I can take away except for I had 6 great starts. Starting from the back of the grid and getting up to front half each time. I just need to man up and work out what I am doing to be able to get back up to pace. Being 6 secs of my best pace (which is nothing to write home about) continually is becoming a little frustrating. Need heaps more seat time and maybe look at some coaching.

Thanks to all for a great weekend. Looking forward to the next one already.

Just tag on the back widny, ill drag you around. Next trackday we should get an r6 train going.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Just tag on the back widny, ill drag you around. Next trackday we should get an r6 train going.
    I will take you up on that mate

carbon fibre wheel collapse anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...qs&app=desktop

Just out of interest.......... what was said to the bears ..... I heard the CoC demanding you all go for a chat ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by simonr View Post

Farrrrrk....

Thats scarey. Is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by BR View Post
    Thats scarey. Is that you?

no, that was one of the many stoppages in the bears class for the weekend. I counted 1 race without a red flag?
    Last edited by simonr; 09-02-2016 at 06:04 PM.

no, that was one of the many stoppages in the bears class for the weekend. I counted 1 race without a red flag?
    That sounds about right. Was the rider ok?

Wow that's prob why MotoGP don't run them!
    Hope he's ok

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    Wow that's prob why MotoGP don't run them!
    Hope he's ok
    Yeah they shouldn't be allowed. I've seen that happen at a track day too.

Thread Information