Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trailer set ups

trailer set ups

Hey got a new trailer being made a, picking yo in a week or so, and just starting to think about how best to set it up.

Any one want to post a few pick of there set up? Pros and cons what you've found? Tips ect, I'm coming from an open trailer where all the gear went in my ute, I'll still have a ute but I'd really like to have the trailer set up so I can just load the bikes and stands and go.

Current plan is to set the bikes up hard against (bit of clearance) the back of the trailer, I'm loving the t-Rex on the Aprilia so I just took delivery of a set for the CBR.

Probably really need to decide on wets weather or not to build something along each side to store them, (between the wheel hubs) hopefully saving some room at the front.

I'd love to see a few pics, or a link to an existing thread on the topic???

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah got a big tip, sell the trailer and buy a van..

There was one kicking around. Cue Owen or Nick..

Cheers Chubb I've got enough cars to rego so a trailer it is. I did search but came up with nothing (iPhone via Tapatalk though)

I'm hoping to get it set up similarly to Sickos, that looks sweet and well arranged. Love to hear if you'd change anything in hignsight.??

I think I'll definitely look at carpet 1st up, and some lightning and was thinking about a reverse camera as I'll need to back it into my workshop after use which is generally full of crap.

It's getting built with floor bars at 150mm instead of 300s so hopefully I won't need to reinforce the floor for the t-Rex and I'll prob chuck in some additional floor tie down points incase of a bike without them.

Should be fun to set up, not much work will be done that week.....

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    I'm hoping to get it set up similarly to Sickos, that looks sweet and well arranged. Love to hear if you'd change anything in hignsight.??
    Thanks mate, it's made such a difference to tracklife! So good to have everything with me whenever I'm out and not have to unpack after a long weekend.
    Interstate stuff has been great too, much more secure than all sitting out in the back of the ute. Not sure there is much I'd change to be honest, I'm pretty happy with it
    The only other mod I was thinking of doing is putting a whirlybird vent on the roof, to keep the temp down on really hot days. I don't often keep the bikes and tyres in it on hot days but on the occasion I do, the black outer shell makes it pretty oven-like in there. I'd rather not be putting unnecessary heat cycles through the tyres so a rotating vent would certainly help keep it ambient rather than scorching!!

Put some progress pics up of the new trailer when you get it and the mods!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Will do.
    I was looking at the whirls birds the other day at MW toolbox. I'd need to spray one black to keep it looking cool lol
    Better chase up an ETA this morning

Her Sicko what's the name of those jerry cans?
    Mine old ones got knocked off

trailer set ups

Bit of a drive thismorning past Mudgee and back but I've picked up the trailer. Looks well built, Tow's great, well balanced and easy to move around when un hitched.
    I'll need a strap hanging, so I can reach the lid to pull it back down, and some grip on the ramp the checca is slippery as F#%k.

Let the fun begin, off to buy carpet this arvo

Nice trailer mate! Give it some lights too
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Oh and wait for you to spill fuel on checker plate... thats the definition of hell.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Nice lookin trailer ;-)
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Beautiful!!!

Bunnings have 3M grip tape. Works great

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Cheers yep the list includes lights, and vents (it's a bit like an esky) lol

Work getting in the way again... managed to get the Carpet and wheel chocks down, and the t-Rex set up and pre drilled.

Sweet

Nice work, Luke!! Look forward to see how it progresses.
    When's it's first outing??

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    This Friday. Should be sorted apart from lights. Although my sparky at work was sniffing around today. I sure he'll turn up tomorrow with a few ideas. Im thinking a battery so I can run the lights Independently, with the same trickle charger I've got on the bikes. Could do a solar panel ( Ive got one at work somewhere) but it'll be stored in a garage and only out while at the track, just more thing to break / get stolen.

On that note I'm getting a quote on insurance for theft as well ( trailer, bikes and gear) Did the maths and if it got knocked off fully loaded if have to kill myself ....
    Seems a few have been knocked off lately if Facebook is anything to go off. Pricks

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    On that note I'm getting a quote on insurance for theft as well ( trailer, bikes and gear) Did the maths and if it got knocked off fully loaded if have to kill myself ....
    Seems a few have been knocked off lately if Facebook is anything to go off. Pricks
    I use TransWest insurance brokers. They sort it all out for me. Works out really cheap for the level of cover.

More productive day today
    Got the t-Rex installed. As the checca plate is quite soft (alloy) I used a peice of unit strut to spread the load across a greater area. Should do the trick.

Got all the gear in, I'm spewing my big tub wouldn't fit so I've now got two smaller buckets. Actually should work well when getting riding gear to the scrutineers.

The shelf at the front is a touch small for the containers of spares n bits so there straped in for now, I'll use a piece of 100x50 angle fixed in to stop then sliding off while in transit.

Wets fitted in nicely under the shelf, with my gear buckets and other stuff suit ect strapped to the lining, and some grip to the ramp.

I chucked the old tool box on the front for tie downs and any other crap.

Pretty much ready for a test on Friday.
    Still need to get the lights sorted, buy a tool box that fits in nicely on the left rear, a latch for the side door and chuck a web site somewhere for the accountant.

But I'll give it a few outings 1st.

Awesome looking setup! Well done, you must be very happy with it.

Great work there, mate! It's coming together great!!

Yep, looks really tidy! Good job!

Your rear exhaust is a bit twisted..?

Set up looks good!!
    Last edited by chubb; 02-02-2016 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Your rear exhaust is a bit twisted..?

Set up looks good!!
    Ta.
    Yer it's been crashed a fair bit... One day I'll get the oxy onto it and straighten it out a bit.
    It's just a spare and doesn't get much love. Also the tail fairing isn't bolted down ATM so looks a bit worse than it is.

Ahh fair enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I use TransWest insurance brokers. They sort it all out for me. Works out really cheap for the level of cover.
    Good call. 🏻
    Very reasonable, and got cover everywhere apart from on the track. Theft, fire accidental damage ect even while in the pits. My broker couldn't even get the cover
    I'll sleep a bit easer now.

That trailer is sooooo clean ! Carl you reading this ??? you still need to wash our trailer after you insisted on showing me how easy it was to spin up your ute on that unmade bit of road !!!

Thanks for this! I wasn't aware this was available. I have now put some cover in place for the bike and gear.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BR View Post
    Thanks for this! I wasn't aware this was available. I have now put some cover in place for the bike and gear.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    I have to 2nd this. Having just received my quote back them. Awesome value and piece of mind.

Jeez, I should get commission!!

I reckon you could have a sideline in kitting out people's trailers mate, you seem to be the expert......!
    2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 & 1991 Honda CBR250RR
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie57 View Post
    I reckon you could have a sideline in kitting out people's trailers mate, you seem to be the expert......!
    There's an idea! It's thanks to my mild case of OCD... almost had a heart attack when Marshy put one of the bikes on the 'wrong'' side the other day!!

There's an idea! It's thanks to my mild case of OCD... almost had a heart attack when Marshy put one of the bikes on the 'wrong'' side the other day!!
    What the hell was he thinking?

Haha, thats nearly as bad as getting on the bike from the 'wrong' side!

Once I move ill be looking for an enclosed trailer so I could be your first customer mate......!
    Team GASD Racing
    Sponsored by: GASD, ASR Wealth Advisers, MYM Consulting, Woolich, Cutting Edge Motorcycle Paint Shop, ASBG, HELD Australia, JW Moto Parts, Canberra Motorcycle Centre, Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    What the hell was he thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie57 View Post
    Haha, thats nearly as bad as getting on the bike from the 'wrong' side!
    It was these things combined, coincidentally! Due to where the bike was positioned (leaning against the wall), I had grabbed it from the 'wrong' side. Being totally unco and completely unable to hold, manoeuvre or get on a bike from the 'wrong' side, I wanted it out of my hands asap. I decided to turn a negative (being on the wrong side) into a positive (putting the bike on the left side of the trailer, which requires pushing from the right-hand side). I knew it was wrong when I did it - I wouldn't have done it if it was my bike, as mine have a 'side' too - but I did it anyway! I don't like what this says about me as a person, frankly. I felt dirty and in need of redemption as soon as I did it.

Wow, looks like you'll be in your own garage next race meet!

Team GASD Racing

I have a Brand New Trex tie down and a New set of Trex axle slider blocks for a 06/07 Gsxr for sale if anyone is looking.

Trailer looks awesome mate. 👍

I knew it was wrong when I did it - I wouldn't have done it if it was my bike, as mine have a 'side' too - but I did it anyway!
    Now I'm traumatised for life!!

Now I'm traumatised for life!!
    I feel like we have all learnt something from this. Also, possibly grown to understand that sometimes the world is not always beer and skittles.

So....

1st outing on the 5th went well. Most importantly I got approval from the TT brains trust...
    Vents went in today, had to spray the extraction fan black cause they only come in white and a couple of inlet vents at the base.

Still need to come up with something for the wets? Strapping them in doesn't seem to hold secure enough???? Thoughts anyone

Buy more rims with tyres to fill the space and stop them from falling over... that way you can have intermediates, wets and slicks on rims...
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Hmmm. More rims...possibly not

I forgot to mention I had a brain snap when I installed a tool box to the draw bar, I couldn't turn the jocky wheel ... Lol it's gone now and a smaller one on order.

Nice work, Luke! Where did you get the rotary vent? Need me one of them.
    Here's what I do for wets btw:

Got it from www.camec.com but pretty sure the MW tool box shops have them as well.

So your wets, there just kind of sitting against one pushing against the wheel hub then straped to the mesh? Or have you fixed in some axle sized tube to sit them on? It's pretty secure ???

I reccon I've got room for that since I over indulged on a new set of tool that's now to big to fit there. Whoops...

Ah cool, I'll check them out ta.
    Yeah, the wheels fit in there pretty snug between the wheel arch and the rear panel.
    The ocky straps are pretty tight too so the wheels don't move about at all.

Just for you Nathan, finishing off the trailer today.
    Well not me, but the sparky was rained off today so...

OOOOFT!! Daylight in there!!
    Are you running them off a battery/solar or from the tow vehicle?

Battery with a solar charger. ATM it's just an old bike battery but I might need to up grade that to a car one.
    Double switched so wherever u get in you can flick them on or off.

Thread Information