Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARDC Private practice, Feb 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    We're not out until like 10:30, plenty of time to get here!!
    Erm! Time to change some meeting around this morning me thinks hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T5 there really is no clean line so you just gotta grit yer teeth and let the bike do it's thing.
    Very annoying as I was fully expecting us all to be up for some PB's with a new clean surface to play with...

cunts have totally ruined the fkn track man .... i hate t1 even more now.

if i find out who done the dodgy repair section they'll be dead an buried under it ffs
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Tell us how you really feel metal!
    Although i havent ridden it yet,its unfortunate that the repairs are incomplete for racing.
    But after enjoying the fantastic grip and drive that 4/9 gave us this "annual maintenance" can only improve things long term.

So any idea when they will be rectifying this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    So any idea when they will be rectifying this issue?
    I was taking to Krista this morning and the bumps were news to her...
    Not sure when if at all there are plans to fix it up.
    It's verging on unsafe tho. Hitting the T1 bumps at full pace is quite an experience!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

It's not ideal, but it's not take-your-bat-and-ball-and-go-home either. They'll fix it.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

It's verging on unsafe tho. Hitting the T1 bumps at full pace is quite an experience!!
    Cant be any worse than Parramatta rd .

So a quick question guys and gals. Is the butchered attempt at "resurfacing" turn one and turn five going to be repaired? Or is it turning slowly into a motocross track?
    1 Like1 CommentLike · Comment
    Chronological
    Marcus Seymour likes this.
    Comments
    Sydney Motorsport Park
    Sydney Motorsport Park Hi Nathan, Thanks for your message and your post. The recent Sydney rains have really upset our annual maintenance, along with ourselves, and unfortunately, our patrons, and we apologise for that. Yes, we are re-doing the resurfacing on one, five and 18 within the next fortnight to rectify the problem.
    Like · Reply · January 27 at 8:59am
    Nathan Hampson
    Nathan Hampson Thank you for your reply. When are these works being done? The opening round of the St George series is on next weekend, will it be smoothed out before then?

Cheers.
    Like · Reply · 1 · January 28 at 8:03pm

That was their reply, next fortnight from jan 27th. But, well, unless it's done during this week, I guess we all play on it this weekend...

It's not that bad. It's not ideal, but it's still totally rideable. I was in the 37s even with the bumps. Still off my PB by nearly a couple secs, but that's me not the track. I was a lot quicker yesterday than I have been in the last six months. So don't worry too much. Either it'll be fixed in time, or it's pretty easy to put up with.

Apparently once resurface is completed they need 2 weeks of max 80kph,im guessing that would be their closest window

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    It's not that bad. It's not ideal, but it's still totally rideable. I was in the 37s even with the bumps. Still off my PB by nearly a couple secs, but that's me not the track. I was a lot quicker yesterday than I have been in the last six months. So don't worry too much. Either it'll be fixed in time, or it's pretty easy to put up with.
    I also hit some big PB's on the patched surface yesterday its not ideal but it didnt seem to upset the bike all that much just gotta be loose on the bars in 1 and close your eyes in 5 and hope you make it out lol. But it was all thanks to Marshy and Owen for my times great feedback and a good tow and push along thanks again guys.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nigelnobody View Post
    Apparently once resurface is completed they need 2 weeks of max 80kph
    Who does a max of 80kph through turn 1???? It's a racetrack after all

Obvoiusly after st george,although will be keeping eye on cancelled feb ridedays
    2 weeks does sound like a lot of time though

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    I also hit some big PB's on the patched surface yesterday its not ideal but it didnt seem to upset the bike all that much just gotta be loose on the bars in 1 and close your eyes in 5 and hope you make it out lol. But it was all thanks to Marshy and Owen for my times great feedback and a good tow and push along thanks again guys.

I didn't know you'd PB'd?!! WELL DONE MATE! You were looking really good out there
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

I didn't know you'd PB'd?!! WELL DONE MATE! You were looking really good out there
    Lol yep hit some 43s and got some consistency with running that kind of pace. Happy as it was on shagged tyres and a bumpy track. Hopefully you will drag me along abit more on the weekend ☺☺

Yah, hence the 'per second' training rate proposal

Yah, hence the 'per second' training rate proposal
    Hahah sign me up for another second then 💰💰

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    Hahah sign me up for another second then 

The seconds get more expensive the faster you go. It's a sliding (upwards) scale

The seconds get more expensive the faster you go. It's a sliding (upwards) scale
    Lol bugger do you take visa 👍💳

I'm working on a layby scheme

Well then, becomes really cheep for some hey???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information