I've always struggled with getting a front-facing camera in a good position on the Aprilia (either it's in the way of the dash, or I hit my helmet on it when I tuck in). If I stick it on the front of the fairing instead, it looks totally shit in external photos.

So, what to do. I've always likes Mstevo's setup, with the bullet-cam in the nose, but I didn't want to spend $2k on a VBox or an AiM SmartyCam GP. I found a 4k Panasonic bullet cam on Amazon for US$229 (with three different mounts), which I thought might do the trick. I installed it a couple days ago, and it worked great on track yesterday!

First, I installed a USB port, for charging the camera (annoyingly it won't record and charge at the same time, so I need to just plug it in between sessions). There's a 'how-to' for installing a usb port here: http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthre...-Zed-lap-timer

Next up, I re-purposed an offcut of aluminium bracket I found lying around, and mounted it to the dash stay.

Velcro on the camera and the bracket take care of mounting. It's easy to reach to turn on, even sitting on the bike.

Mounting in the nosecone was slightly more tricky, but it's very secure as the bracket is 3M double-sided taped on, plus has two cable ties going through the fairing. If I could do it over again, I'd drill the view hole a teeny fraction higher, but it's all good.

All done!!