Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wsbk and ASBK at the Island

Quote Originally Posted by Baddie View Post

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
    where's your helmet baddie.

Looks like your having fun.. Good luck Nick
    Last edited by Marshy; 25-02-2016 at 04:23 PM. Reason: It's a secret...... for now
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Back to Back Champ 2016..

Weekend complete! team GB and team green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Marshy; 25-02-2016 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Security/privacy ;)

Unreal lads! Have fun!

Just hung out in the Grellini SBK garage. And chilled with my homies, Nicky, Syksey and Jonny.

Being here, doing this is THE BEST THING EVER!!

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

EPIC.
    Keep the updates coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Just hung out in the Grellini SBK garage. And chilled with my homies, Nicky, Syksey and Jonny.

Being here, doing this is THE BEST THING EVER!!

2013 Aprilia RSV4
    2005 Ducati 999s

Don't forget your cubby mates marshy. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    Don't forget your cubby mates marshy. ;-)

Was thinking the same, remember us when you're snorting fresh caviar out of the navels of russian hookers next year in the big leagues

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Was thinking the same, remember us when you're snorting fresh caviar out of the navels of russian hookers next year in the big leagues
    Yah, that's organised for Sunday night, post racing

Sam, our pit crew. She's a racer too, from Germany, helping us out this weekend

Another day in paradise...

That sure looks like paradise to me**

**Disclaimer: Could use a hot chic or 3 somewhere around that tire pile though

I'll see what I can do, Ed.

Some pics:

Pool room kinda stuff!

Race day number 1

Enjoy marshy

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Race day number 1
    Good luck mate!!!!

The sound......

Is it a wet race day marshy?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

I see they got your wheelie then. Not quite the stand-up of Van De Mark but still looked pretty good

Yeeeeew! Just a lot jealous Nick. Try not to have too much fun.

How did your day go Nick? Updates please

Ummm, not ideal. But ready again for tomorrow!!

https://www.facebook.com/superbikeso...42849675948689

Shit... sorry to hear that, mate! But then again, glad you got out and is there again tomorrow!

Feeling better

Wsbk and ASBK at the Island

Feeling better

New product range for super bike source? I will see you as soon as your back....I am totally out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by johnnyb; 28-02-2016 at 09:54 PM.

Hey Nick, all those girls must be really tall.

Dam... how come that never happens when I crash??

Feeling better

how much did you pay them marshy .

Hahahah!! "Apply liberally to problem areas!"
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Just out of interest Nick, was power supplied to the paddock area for the support riders and did you need a generator rolled out onto the track for warmers or was it a warm up lap then race without delay?

Quote Originally Posted by chicken16 View Post
    Just out of interest Nick, was power supplied to the paddock area for the support riders and did you need a generator rolled out onto the track for warmers or was it a warm up lap then race without delay?
    There was a 15A outlet for each competitor. We needed generators on the grid (this year the media grid was 10 mins each, up from 5 mins). At the 3 min mark they used to shoo you off the track, by the time you got warmers on, it was exactly time to take them off! Daft. This year it was at the 2 min mark, so warmers for 5 or 6 mins (after getting them fitted) was quite useful. A couple of ppl just sat there. In the heat of Qld last year, I did the same thing. If it's hot, even 10 mins is fine. You get another warmup lap after.

You don't have to sit on the grid - you can go out and come in again after the sighting lap, or even not go out at all. Then start from pit lane on the warmup lap (after the 10 mins) and take your normal grid spot. But sitting there on the grid with a big crowd and all the action feels sooooooo MotoGP!!

Here it is......

Faaark man, came outta nowhere.... :(
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Here it is......

God damm just folded like it was nothing really would not have seen that coming. 😣

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hmm that was weird... it doesn't even look like you'd have had your knee down yet before it just let go

You don't have to sit on the grid - you can go out and come in again after the sighting lap, or even not go out at all. Then start from pit lane on the warmup lap (after the 10 mins) and take your normal grid spot. But sitting there on the grid with a big crowd and all the action feels sooooooo MotoGP!!
    Great information Nick. You've given me motivation to enter the 600's next year. I'll get my arse kicked but the whole WSBK experience will be worth it

Here it is......

Holy shit Nick! That was instant! Glad you are okay! Didn't hurt the ankle at all?

No wonder the exhaust folded like a pretzel.

Jesus that must have come as a surprise. Know the feeling any idea why it folded?

Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

It was strange alright. I just can't figure it out, and have chalked it up to 'one of those things'. It did put me off through Hayshed for the rest of the weekend though!

right hand side of the tyre must have cooled down a lot? Honda corner wouldn't have put much heat through it especially at outlap pace, and the hayshed was the first right hander where that grip was needed??

That was a strange off Nick! Good to see you got the 15 back together for Sunday.
    Glad your ok

That is so weird !

You werent even leant over... Has to be a spill, fluid or something. Cant have cooled down the tyre down that much to drop like that...
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

It was strange alright. I just can't figure it out, and have chalked it up to 'one of those things'. It did put me off through Hayshed for the rest of the weekend though!
    It sounds like the throttle was shut twice , the second time just before it went which would have loaded the front that wasn't up to operating temperature maybe. ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    It sounds like the throttle was shut twice , the second time just before it went which would have loaded the front that wasn't up to operating temperature maybe. ?
    You could be right! I just listened again, and I definitely shut off again, then it goes. So it really was the dude in front's fault He was a pain in the ass all weekend - all over the track, slow mid-corner, then fast out, and repeat.

When's the replay on Fox???

7Mate – Round 1, Phillip Island – Saturday March 12, 12:30pm
    Fox Sports 5 – Round 1, Phillip Island – Thursday, March 24, 8:30pm
    Fox Sports 5 – Round 1, Phillip Island – Saturday, March 26, 2:00am (REPLAY)

The Yamaha Motor Finance Australian Superbike Championship (ASBK), presented by Motul Pirelli is pleased to release the first action packed television broadcast schedule for 2016.

With fans eager to re-live all of the action from Round 1 at Phillip Island, the ASBK has today announced the television viewing times, which will be available to watch on 7Mate and Fox Sports 5.

The first ASBK broadcast for 2016, will see the Superbike class as the feature for Round 1 at Phillip Island, and will be showcased free-to-air via 7Mate on Saturday March 12 at 12:30pm EDST, with the program duration being one hour.

Round 1 of the ASBK at Phillip Island, will also be broadcast on Fox Sports 5 on Thursday March 24, at 8:30pm EDST, and will then be replayed on Saturday March 26, at 2:00am.

In the Fox Sports 5 two-hour broadcast, fans will have the opportunity to catch action packed racing, as well as go behind the scenes at the first round, to see rider interviews, factory truck walk throughs, features, and more.

The first round of the ASBK at the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit, is well known as being one of the fastest, most picturesque, and action packed rounds on the ASBK calendar, so don’t miss all the thrills and spills from round one, and make sure you tune in.

Television broadcasts for Rounds 2 – 6 of the ASBK, will include racing, feature stories, and extensive coverage of all National classes including, Superbike, Supersport, Moto3/125 GP, Production and Yamaha R3 Cup.

7Mate – Round 1, Phillip Island – Saturday March 12, 12:30pm
    Fox Sports 5 – Round 1, Phillip Island – Thursday, March 24, 8:30pm
    Fox Sports 5 – Round 1, Phillip Island – Saturday, March 26, 2:00am (REPLAY)

To stay up to date with the 2016 Yamaha Motor Finance Australian Superbike Championship, head to www.asbk.com.au or like ASBK on Facebook.

Little bit of airtime yesterday on 7Mate:

That's cool nick 🏻

Thread Information