Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirelli RR Series - Phillip Island IMPORTANT INFO

Pirelli RR Series - Phillip Island IMPORTANT INFO

They don't seem to be advertising it, but forms for the private practice day on Friday 30th August have recently been released. Not on the Pirelli RR site as you might expect, but on the Preston MCC forum, buried down in a non-relevantly titled thread. Not to worry; lucky I'm here I guess

Here's the link to the page with the form on it: http://prestonmcc.com.au/index.php?P...29.msg5191#new

Fill it in and email it off to info@phillipislandcircuit.com.au
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

are they strict on the 95DB noise limit?

if so I'm going to have to put my stock exhaust back on as my current is no where near that

No, it's a different measurement to the RTA one. Unlike the RTA that stick a dB meter virtually up your exhaust pipe, racetrack readings are done from 30 metres away as you ride by. You'll be fine. It's very rare for a normal racebike to go over.

ah sorted then, how many fit in a garage?

I'll let the other guys who are looking at heading down know so we can split it.

I just checked with PI, and they reckon that it's generally 4 bikes to a garage. And they confirmed that $35 covers the whole garage.

4 bikes per garage is a bit tight if you have lots if gear. I think two bikes is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    4 bikes per garage is a bit tight if you have lots if gear. I think two bikes is perfect
    Thanks JC. Will aim for 2 only!!

In preparation for PI round I decided I needed to do some extra fitness training and flew to Tuscany for some aquatic exercises.

Comp 1_27738.jpg

The lengths you'll go to to get an edge!! Nice work!!

Entry forms for the race meet have just been released!! Link: http://rrseries.com.au/images/Entry_...rm_Round_3.pdf

Get your entries in!!

Share garage between 3 riders, practice on Friday and race Saturday and Sunday for $605 + accommodation, new front and two rear tyres + Fuel, food
    Better start to save some money

It's an exxy weekend, that's for sure! But be thankful for small mercies that they aren't FX (or even St George!!) type entry fees!!! $320 for 2 days racing at PI is cheap cheap. FX would be nearly double that, and St George are badly gouging us lately too.

Yeah bloody WP sprint and 4 hour is exxy

Accommodation is only $150 for the whole stay so that's a plus. Have you been down there Marshy??

That's why Dejan and I pulled out Chubb. Save the money for PI.

Accommodation is only $150 for the whole stay so that's a plus. Have you been down there Marshy??
    Not yet. Can't wait!! All these years I've been racing, and never been to the Island.... it's embarrassing!

I think i'm almost good to lock this one in. The planets seem to be lining up sufficiently....

Awesome mate!! Look forward to seeing you there

Do it mate :-)

Have accommodation. Just need to book the track day and race. I love this track.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Not yet. Can't wait!! All these years I've been racing, and never been to the Island.... it's embarrassing!
    You said it.... even I've ridden there!

So, here we go.

Lets talk Supersport class and tyres for the minute here. I believe you got caught out with this at Round 1 Marshy.
    Looking at the RR Series Supp. Regs it seems to me that the Supersport class need to run DOT tyres that are on the current MA Homologated list.
    To me this seems to be Pirelli Supercorsa SC's and Dunlop GP-A's

Anyone, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong here.....

What i'd like to know looking ahead to this round, (which i hope to lock away and confirm next week ) is how the new surface has settled and what recommendations people might have for running DOT rubber down there now.
    A bit of local knowledge is welcome here- Maccarocks ?!

Thoughts ?!

Share garage between 3 riders, practice on Friday and race Saturday and Sunday for $605 + accommodation, new front and two rear tyres + Fuel, food
    Better start to save some money
    You've got to love 3 x 6 lap races on Saturday and 2 x 12 lap races on Sunday + qualifying each day though. The thought of it makes me giddy.......

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Looking at the RR Series Supp. Regs it seems to me that the Supersport class need to run DOT tyres that are on the current MA Homologated list.

Anyone, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong here.....
    100% correct

Buggered if I know. I've been thinking about this a lot lately too. I love Dunlops, but I've never been convinced the GP-A is a good tyre - particularly the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    100% correct

Buggered if I know. I've been thinking about this a lot lately too. I love Dunlops, but I've never been convinced the GP-A is a good tyre - particularly the front.
    Just on that Nick, it does look to me like there is a UK N-Tec front on the list. The GP211 6838 Compound- (Medium)

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    Just on that Nick, it does look to me like there is a UK N-Tec front on the list. The GP211 6838 Compound- (Medium)

I'd forgotten that!! It's been ages since I looked. Legend. Half the problem sorted then!

When I was talking to the Dunlop guys at FX round they told me that the tyre wear wasn't a issue anymore as the track surface wasn't green anymore. Don't know it's true as I haven't spoke to any guys that went down there.
    Last time I was racing there all the locals had cut slicks on. Is this a kind of intermediate tyre for kinda humid track??

I was dead keen for this one at the start of the year, however recent and constant quick shifter problems has made me unwilling to jump in at the moment
    and as I won't have a chance to do any track days before the 3rd and 4th St George rounds at WP to try and sort it out, I'm going to wait till after the 4hr, before I consider entering.

I would love to race the old FZ around PI before it or I am pensioned off LOL
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Its done. Locked in for it.

Um, Yay !!!!

Has anyone started talking or looking at Garage shares yet ?
    Has anyone paid for a full garage with their race entry ?

Blah blah blah

w00t!!! Good one, Jamie. Look forward to seeing you there!! Me, Andrew T, Cos and Rob have already booked a garage together. I'm sure there are enough other guys to fill the garage next door

Track day and race booked. I am so excited about racing at the island.

Jamie, we might be able to squeeze you in to a garage if needed.

Thanks mate. I believe we have a garage sorted now with myself, MStevo, and Mario + 1

Who's ridden the current model R6 at PI before. Is it back to standard gearing 16/45 or did you leave as per EC gearing at 15/45

I had -1+1 on mine and it was fine for me. I would leave the EC gearing.

Thanks JC

So guys. Whats the plan to drive down to PI. Few of us will meet up at the big servo in Pheasants Nest around 6am for a 6;30 departure...

Good luck to everyone going down for next weekend...

Have fun and take pics/ keep us posted!!!!
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

And lookong forward to lots of videos!

tyre wear is good now i run sc1 and 2 nice even wear.

anyone received their final instructions or entry acknowledgement yet?
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    anyone received their final instructions or entry acknowledgement yet?
    Nope

Nada

I haven't got anything formal yet. I rang and left a message yesterday and got a text in reply last night confirming I was in.

Trish rang me last night, and she was still sorting out garaging combinations etc. It's pretty relaxed at Preston, so not to worry.

We are going halfway on Wednesday night so should be there early Thursday afternoon. We will put the coffee on for everyone's arrival. Really looking forward to a great weekend.

Two more sleeps. Woohoo.

Just stopped at Gundagai for the night. Got away today, instead of tomorrow morning as planned. All smooth sailing so far!

Good Luck guys, have a great weekend

Thread Information