Remember this. .?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    Bernie. ..

Remember this. .?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Awesome stuff. Fond memories.

What would i like .... st george to continue.......4 or 5 rounds a year............ Terry to run an East coast series aimed between club racing and ASBK....... a nice 3 tier race structure. club advanced and downright scarey. All it takes is to stop trying to compete with national racing and promote a viable east coast series that would expose riders to a higher level of racing and professionalism.. and work together . It could be done and I think it would be well attended if the calendars worked together with each other. That really isnt too difficult is it.. Everyone wins......

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    and (I would think) the top teams will leave FX.
    It looks like they already have! Yamaha are still a 'maybe' but the rest are ASBK only - Honda, Ducati/Cube Racing, Superbike Source Racing. I mean, who else is there?
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    What would i like .... st george to continue.......4 or 5 rounds a year............ Terry to run an East coast series aimed between club racing and ASBK....... a nice 3 tier race structure. club advanced and downright scarey. All it takes is to stop trying to compete with national racing and promote a viable east coast series that would expose riders to a higher level of racing and professionalism.. and work together . It could be done and I think it would be well attended if the calendars worked together with each other. That really isnt too difficult is it.. Everyone wins......
    Exactly. Plenty of racing for all levels.

Was watching some BSB 2015 racing over the weekend. They have spectators. Actual spectators. Not just family and friends of the riders. Grandstands full of people.

Yeah, the back story for how BSB pulled itself out of the doldrums (like racing is here) and into the premiere superbike series is a fascinating one! More successful than WSBK, by many measures. They are advantaged by having lots of different tracks within a short-ish drive of each other, but still, it's not the only reason for success. Think our taxi-racing, which does very very well, despite the tyranny of distance.

Speaking of crowds, the olden days, running with the V8s (which we should be doing again):

BSB is anothr beast entirely, just like Monster Energy Supercross in the States... (THE MODEL racing series for accessibility, fans, riders and racing. Lost of series should take cues from it). I remember going to BSB practice days 10 years ago now and they were busy for spectating full grandstands too, but also could just walk through the pits to all of the bsb teams in scruitneering and everything as a kid under the age of 10.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Was a good day that Carl.... free of charge... freebies....... and up close and personal with everyone

Was a good day that Carl.... free of charge... freebies....... and up close and personal with everyone
    And we seem to think it's a good idea to charge a significant entry fee to get in to watch a club event....

Daft.

Watching Cal Crutchlow and Tom Sykes tuck into Pie, mushy pee's and chips from the cafe/bar, standing within the crowd watching the supersports jump the mountain was also a big thing lololol But yes, charging entry to a club round is insane. I have plenty of people who would like to come out and watch but having to pay (15 or 20 bux) for a ticket, for people my age just wanting to come watch a few races in before/after weekend work + fuel to get there, its not going to happen.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

TON will never work WITH anybody unless there's a win in it for him. He is as greedy as he is fat and arrogant.

If you guys want St George to improve and run more meets, you need to get involved in running the club to make it happen. From what I've seen in the past 12 months, St George is heading in the direction of PCRA a couple of years ago, which, sadly, will only see numbers drop.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Last edited by Little Mick; 23-02-2016 at 12:48 AM.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Watching Cal Crutchlow and Tom Sykes tuck into Pie, mushy pee's and chips from the cafe/bar, standing within the crowd watching the supersports jump the mountain was also a big thing lololol But yes, charging entry to a club round is insane. I have plenty of people who would like to come out and watch but having to pay (15 or 20 bux) for a ticket, for people my age just wanting to come watch a few races in before/after weekend work + fuel to get there, its not going to happen.
    Agreed. I had a few friends keen to come to round one, who backed out after hearing it costs to get in.
    AKA The SV Guy

No.22

Racing St George and Australasian Superbike Championships in 2017 on:

2002 Yellow WeeSV 650

2010 Yamaha R6

Formerly on a Yellow 2000 SV650S (now deceased, thanks to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Helmet View Post
    Agreed. I had a few friends keen to come to round one, who backed out after hearing it costs to get in.
    Walk around the pits and collect some spare passes and leave at the gate ... happens in bears all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    Walk around the pits and collect some spare passes and leave at the gate ... happens in bears all the time
    point is that you shouldn't have to. its a club race meeting

Quote Originally Posted by simonr View Post
    point is that you shouldn't have to. its a club race meeting
    Agreed! I wonder how much they actually take on the gate?
    I'm sure a gold coin donation for the club would raise more, be better received and get more people down.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I'm sure a gold coin donation for the club would raise more, be better received and get more people down.
    I believe that its the track (ARDC) requires this

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    In Irish road racing they only ask for a fiver for one day entry, or 15 for three. They started doing it that way a few years ago.
    Sure, the first two years the clubs took a big hit financially, but now they have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to spectators. Clubs,& aussie racing in general could take a few tips from that.
    AKA The SV Guy

No.22

Racing St George and Australasian Superbike Championships in 2017 on:

2002 Yellow WeeSV 650

2010 Yamaha R6

Formerly on a Yellow 2000 SV650S (now deceased, thanks to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Linden View Post
    I believe that its the track (ARDC) requires this
    That's not my understanding. It's the club that does, and I've heard them consider scrapping it (I brought it up at a club meeting, IIRC), but Jan stated that on a good weekend they make about $1k at the gate, which would need to be replaced somehow (ie from the riders). I'm sure they don't factor in the cost of printing the tickets, the time it takes to stuff envelopes, the postage to mail them to everyone, the ticket collectors at the gate (with potential cash handling issues) etc etc. So, round it down (to compensate for not incurring additional costs) and it's roughly $5 per rider.

Personally I'd be very happy to pay an extra $5 to avoid all the heartache. And Owen's suggestion about a gold coin donation to the club is tops! I'd throw some coins in on the way in myself.

And please please please don't be misled by TON's crap about 'perceived value'. It's club racing for f@#k's sake, not MotoGP. The only people that currently attend are family and friends. That could potentially expand to interested motorcycle riders who wouldn't pay $30 at the gate for an hour of club racing, but might well pop in for a look if it was free/donation. Forcing people to pay a significant sum is offputting; suggesting people might like to donate to the club would, I reckon, raise a similar amount but attract many more 'casual' spectators.

My $0.02, or rather $2 (gold coin)

At my first race weekend last November, a mate wanted to come watch, so I teed up a ticket for him and left it at the gate in an envelope. when he got there, he was let straight in and so didn't take the ripped stub from the gate attendant. Then he got further down the road and through the tunnel, where he parked over near the ARDC office and was then accosted by a dickhead security guard because he couldn't produce his ticket.

the whole thing was completely ridiculous, its a club day for fks sake. and do you think he wanted to come watch in feb? no chance

the time, effort and money that is spent sending out tickets in the mail must far outweigh any benefit from the gate takings.

Would be happy to pay an extra $5-10 in order to make entry free. Would pay another $5-10 to pay for marketing of the series to the wider community....but I'd want to know I'm getting value for money.

Looks like ride days are back at WP
    http://bit.ly/1UtsJtU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Common sense prevails!

$150 as well. Think I'll go to the one on the 10th. Been a couple of years and haven't had the Blade there.

150 is definitely a darn sight better than 200 plus garage

As it should be can't really justify SMSP prices down there .

+1 for the 10th ;-)

EDIT just check my diary and I already have a job booked in for that afternoon, might have to change to the 15th
    Last edited by Mstevo; 01-03-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Are car ports included in the price? There was talk about the new management charging for them.

Not sure. Carports out the back have always been free. Garages were the only extra charge. Like the carports better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    Not sure. Carports out the back have always been free. Garages were the only extra charge. Like the carports better anyway.
    They were before but apparently the new management were trying to introduce a $50 fee to use the car ports which is ridiculous. It's not like you can set up in the public car park.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken16 View Post
    They were before but apparently the new management were trying to introduce a $50 fee to use the car ports which is ridiculous. It's not like you can set up in the public car park.
    It's $80 for a garage car ports are free. Looks like I'll head down in the 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Looks like ride days are back at WP
    http://bit.ly/1UtsJtU

Also mentions no booking required.

Anyone go down ( or up) yesterday ? I'll be there Tue interested to hear how it was run???

sounded like it was run like an ARDC day, Tim Sanford was in charge.
    30 odd people showed up, they started off with 3 groups doing 30min sessions which dropped to 15min after lunch
    The regular track rider guys loved it, i'm just not sure how the newbies will go, WP gets a lot of first timers due to lots of factors that were provided by the previous ride day operator, which will no longer be present at WP :-(
    I'm heading there on Tuesday fingers crossed, after Monday at SMSP, so I'll get to see first hand.....Then again checking Tuesdays forecast 90% chance 10-20mm and only 21o
    Last edited by Mstevo; 11-03-2016 at 09:23 AM.
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    sounded like it was run like an ARDC day, Tim Sanford was in charge.
    30 odd people showed up, they started off with 3 groups doing 30min sessions which dropped to 15min after lunch
    The regular track rider guys loved it, i'm just not sure how the newbies will go, WP gets a lot of first timers due to lots of factors that were provided by the previous ride day operator, which will no longer be present at WP :-(
    I'm heading there on Tuesday fingers crossed, after Monday at SMSP, so I'll get to see first hand.....Then again checking Tuesdays forecast 90% chance 10-20mm and only 21o
    Ok cool see u there.

Hmmmm Possible Rain ... No wets on the new bike yet

Anyone go down ( or up) yesterday ? I'll be there Tue interested to hear how it was run???

Yep, Leanne and I went and it was a fucking awesome day. It was really well run, was very relaxed and the best part was being treated like an adult and asked what options we, as riders, would prefer to do when things didn't go to plan. It was as if the operators were there to please the paying customers and fuck me, isn't that a nice change!

The day started out with someone coming around to your shed to scrutineer your bike where you had it set up. Riders briefing was by Tim Sandford and lasted less than 10 minutes. It was professional, to the point, covered the essentials and was unpretentious (the previous operator could learn a thing or 10 from Tim). Guys that were new to track riding stayed after the briefing to have a chat with Tim and he explained a few more things to them. The groups were split into slow, medium and fast, plus an ASBK group. Later in the day, after we had lost some time, they gave us the option to merge the 3 groups into 2 to maximise our time on the track, which worked out very well.

Overall, the day ran very smoothly. The timing of calling groups up, was perfect and there was no waiting around letting tyres go cold. The transition from one group to the next was also perfect (as the last of the previous group were entering pit lane, the group were heading onto the track) and crashes, pick-ups were handled quickly and efficiently. I honestly can't fault anything they did and personally, think they did an awesome job, especially since it was their first time running a ride day. They actually acknowledged at the start of the day that there were likely things that they would get wrong and were open to advice and criticism as they went along, but there was nothing that needed fixing.

So, for me, it was a huge improvement over previous ride days I did at Wakefield and I am really keen to get back down there and do a few more, now.
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Yep, Leanne and I went and it was a fucking awesome day. It was really well run, was very relaxed and the best part was being treated like an adult and asked what options we, as riders, would prefer to do when things didn't go to plan. It was as if the operators were there to please the paying customers and fuck me, isn't that a nice change!

The day started out with someone coming around to your shed to scrutineer your bike where you had it set up. Riders briefing was by Tim Sandford and lasted less than 10 minutes. It was professional, to the point, covered the essentials and was unpretentious (the previous operator could learn a thing or 10 from Tim). Guys that were new to track riding stayed after the briefing to have a chat with Tim and he explained a few more things to them. The groups were split into slow, medium and fast, plus an ASBK group. Later in the day, after we had lost some time, they gave us the option to merge the 3 groups into 2 to maximise our time on the track, which worked out very well.

Overall, the day ran very smoothly. The timing of calling groups up, was perfect and there was no waiting around letting tyres go cold. The transition from one group to the next was also perfect (as the last of the previous group were entering pit lane, the group were heading onto the track) and crashes, pick-ups were handled quickly and efficiently. I honestly can't fault anything they did and personally, think they did an awesome job, especially since it was their first time running a ride day. They actually acknowledged at the start of the day that there were likely things that they would get wrong and were open to advice and criticism as they went along, but there was nothing that needed fixing.

So, for me, it was a huge improvement over previous ride days I did at Wakefield and I am really keen to get back down there and do a few more, now.

Sounds Awesome.
    Apparently there was some repairs to the surface, a few of the bumps cleaned up ????

Hmm. Tempted to try to get down there Tuesday now. Is there power in the car ports ?
    Last edited by Ben750au; 12-03-2016 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben750au View Post
    Hmm. Tempted to try to get down there Tuesday now. Is there power in the car ports ?
    Do it!!! Yep there's power in the carports but $80 split between a few isnt to bad for a garage. I do like being track side...

^this... not keen on the carports, especially in the colder months.

meeting at work Tuesday morning. This work shit is getting in the way of track time.

Sounds Awesome.
    Apparently there was some repairs to the surface, a few of the bumps cleaned up ????

Pretty much all of the bumps are gone. The surface is the best I have ever seen it.
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Ben750au View Post
    Yep. I actually preferred being in the carports than halfway up pit lane in a garage. It was closer to everything and we could hear the PA system clearly.
    ZRX1200 road bike
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Pretty much all of the bumps are gone. The surface is the best I have ever seen it.
    Wow!! Might be worth a re-visit then...
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Do it!!! Yep there's power in the carports but $80 split between a few isnt to bad for a garage. I do like being track side...

How many do they fit in a garage Luke?

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    How many do they fit in a garage Luke?
    4 maybe 5 bikes comfortably more at a squeeze . There about the same width as EC but 1/3 as deep.

The issue we found on Tuesday with the car ports is power. There was only a double GPO for every 2nd car port. We had to piggy back two bikes into one GPO.
    On a full day there would be leads running everywhere. Not sure if it would trip out the CBs?

Not sure if it would trip out the CBs?
    Power (or rather, lack of it) has always been an issue at Wakey. It's not uncommon for the power to trip, particularly on a cold morning when people are firing up their kettles and coffee machines! It's better than it used to be (a backup generator was a requirement, back in the day), but it's still not 110% reliable.

Thread Information