Thread: How do you ride a bike?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Would have thought it'd be the other way around! EC I LOVED on my 600 and really don't like it on my ZX10, just can't seem to get comfortable. But nothing compares to opening the ZX10 up on the exit of T12 at PI!
    Turn 12 maybe, but for me nothing nothing nothing compared to T3 at PI, bouncing the R6 off the limiter flat out in 5th gear, knee down, rear tyre spinning wildly and the tail hanging out. I'm not good enough to do that on a litre.

I'm noticing a bit of a pattern here.... the common denominator is the 10R!! I thought they were pretty rubbish when I rode one, but some people like them I guess. Although I can rattle off a long list of names of people that have never gelled with the big Kwaka. Maybe try a different litrebike before throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I didn't like the Hooonda when I had it either, nor obviously the Beemers. The Aprilia really really suits me and my 600-ish riding style.

That's how I got onto the Ape in the first place.... having just bought and quickly sold the Honda thou, I was speaking to Michael McMillan, who also had had Hondas and was about to quit racing altogether because he couldn't gel with them, when someone suggested to him to try the RSV4 and he fell in love! I took this on board, tried one as a result and also fell in love! It's like a powerful 600. Handles better than my R6 (which I totally didn't think was possible), has unbelievable midrange drive off turns because of the V motor, and isn't intimidating at the top end. The polar opposite to the inline fours, which are heavy, don't handle very well, have hardly any midrange, then are all peaky top-end power.

The exception would be the new R1, which I can't wait to ride. Liam tells me it feels pretty similar to the RSV4. Small and good handling, with better corner-exit drive than most inlines because of the cross-plane crank.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I'm noticing a bit of a pattern here.... the common denominator is the 10R!! I thought they were pretty rubbish when I rode one, but some people like them I guess. Although I can rattle off a long list of names of people that have never gelled with the big Kwaka. Maybe try a different litrebike before throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I didn't like the Hooonda when I had it either, nor obviously the Beemers. The Aprilia really really suits me and my 600-ish riding style.
    Hmmm my problem is a lack of trust and feel in the front end. Some of the corners when you need to put faith in the front like Corporate Hill, T10 and T4 have got me fucked. Comparing it against the just 100% glued sensation you get from the R6 I think is part of the issue. Always felt like you have enough grip to ride the R6 on the ceiling of your pit garage. The power of the ZX10 is taking some getting used too but that's not my current concern. If I can get happy with the front the rest will fall into place I reckon.

Just about to have a play with geometry to see if its just something simple. But got 3 days at PI to figure it out next week so hopefully something can be found....

How do you ride a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    The exception would be the new R1, which I can't wait to ride. Liam tells me it feels pretty similar to the RSV4. Small and good handling, with better corner-exit drive
    That's how it felt to me, (even at my piss weak pace) you can let us know on the 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 16-03-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Thread Information