Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soooooo....... This just happened

This is soooo freaking cool!! Thanks for posting, Luke!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Great thread, keep the updates coming 🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a tops day today at WP very laid back. The re surfacing was great. We booked into green (based on EC) and they merged it with novice.... So there was a bit of passing to do, but all good I need the practice.

Took me a session or to to get into the groove on the new bike. Ended up getting down to 108s not super fast but better than my previous 111/2s.
    The bike performed fantastic. Smooth and heaps of power. Managed to get the GPS data working after a few initial set up issues. Reading deeper into it I was only really engaging the slide control exiting T2 and occasionally T10. And rear abs In a few places. Pretty sure it applies the rear when hard on the front.( but I'll look into that ) I could feel the lift control kicking in down the straight but it didnt show on the iPad.
    Basically it looks like I need to go harder to get the electronics working... but all in time.

Ran a soft rear because of a f#%kup with tyres late on Monday. Apart from wearing very quick I loved it. If money was no option is run it all the time.

Chucked a cable tie on the front forth just to see the travel. With the settings on A1 (automatic track riding w-slicks) it looked like I was on the stoppers by the 2nd last session. Couldn't feel it on track though, it felt great. On the automatic setting you can adjust it in increments of +5 or -5 from the pre set. But again I'll need to read up that a bit more and see what the deal is.

All in all it was awesome, think I'll keep it... Lol

A rumour has it you rode it today. Enquiring minds was to know..... HOW THE HECK WAS IT?!?!?!?

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Shiiit, beat me by seconds!!

Sounds unreal mate! Good update. Looking forward to seeing it at the Creek soon.

ARDC on the 1st. U can show me what it's capable of.

We could use some onboard video, just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    We could use some onboard video, just sayin'
    I'll upload the sessions I didn't forget to press record tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    JOh and it'll take me a hr to clean off the statutory right off stickers crap
    prepsol wax n grease remover) or metho is ur best friend here
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

I'll upload the sessions I didn't forget to press record tomorrow.

It's tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Inter net speed is shit here today it's loading ready to post.
    80% 23 min ....

Here you go. I just realised how slow I actually am. I reccon +2 on the rear will be better suited. Should let me get into 3rd before T11 and possibly T3

That's my mate on the Orange GSXR. I didn't have the nuts to out break him this time but next time for sure

Be kind.... I was letting him pass in T8 (Cough cough...) lol

https://youtu.be/HRT1Kjf2cs0

OOOOFFT!! That thing sounds ace mate! How was the cross-country session??
    What did you use for overlay etc? Looks great.

Soooooo....... This just happened

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    OOOOFFT!! That thing sounds ace mate! How was the cross-country session??
    What did you use for overlay etc? Looks great.
    Yes was thinking about my mate behind me lol

I love the sound

That's just the Garmen virb camera. All the data is standard, just choose the options u want displayed

That's just the Garmen virb camera. All the data is standard, just choose the options u want displayed
    Shit, really? So is it a GPS logger too??
    Where did you pick it up from?

eBay not this one exactly but same same
    https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/381262275897

Shit, really? So is it a GPS logger too??
    Where did you pick it up from?
    Im going to hijack here and ask what you use for your Overlay and gopro editing the aim is somewhat confusing me i had a good play lastnight and managed to look at those features you told me about but would quiet like doing a pb lap vid with some overlay work.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    Im going to hijack here and ask what you use for your Overlay and gopro editing the aim is somewhat confusing me i had a good play lastnight and managed to look at those features you told me about but would quiet like doing a pb lap vid with some overlay work.

Race Render is supposed to be pretty good, I think Lawson uses it. http://racerender.com/Products/index.html
    I don't often do data overlay to be honest. My bro wrote a program that converts AIM channels data to a chroma key video you can overlay.
    I think he was going to make it web based at some stage but I'm not sure if that's happened yet.

He did make a .csv to .kml converter that will convert single laps, exported from Race Studio, to Google Earth plots.
    You can rename as well as change colour and line width before downloading the file.
    http://caffetine.org/csv2kml/

Race Render is supposed to be pretty good, I think Lawson uses it. http://racerender.com/Products/index.html
    I don't often do data overlay to be honest. My bro wrote a program that converts AIM channels data to a chroma key video you can overlay.
    I think he was going to make it web based at some stage but I'm not sure if that's happened yet.

He did make a .csv to .kml converter that will convert single laps, exported from Race Studio, to Google Earth plots.
    You can rename as well as change colour and line width before downloading the file.
    Awesome mate that last bit interests me i managed to export a session to google maps but was stuck with the whole session on there and all the laps were the same colour so i couldnt really take anything away from it.

Using the map view in the Aim software, I hardly see the need for a Google maps overlay. You can view multiple laps in different colours on a circuit map, which gives you pretty much all the info you need, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Using the map view in the Aim software, I hardly see the need for a Google maps overlay. You can view multiple laps in different colours on a circuit map, which gives you pretty much all the info you need, imho.

Hahaha sounds like i have to spend more time playing with the software so many numbers and options i didn't know where to begin.

I would probably crash just from watching that dash... that thing is a beauty! hahaha

That's only one lap in relation to another. Can't really see apexes like you can with Google Earth:

That's only one lap in relation to another. Can't really see apexes like you can with Google Earth:
    Yah, good point! I've never tried it.

Yah, good point! I've never tried it.

Well having internet access while sitting with the kids watching pixels and hearing the Aussie dollar is above 0.70 is dangerous...

Just order the autoblip clutchless down shift kit, from flash tune.
    Will require a re flash but all good.
    Shame I can't find any rims just yet.
    Need to get this CBR sold now....

Watching the video, it still amazes me they released it without auto-blip. It's such a relatively simple addition, and I gotta say that it's exactly like a quickshifter was in the beginning: once you've used a bike with auto-blip, you just can't go back!

Watching the video, it still amazes me they released it without auto-blip. It's such a relatively simple addition, and I gotta say that it's exactly like a quickshifter was in the beginning: once you've used a bike with auto-blip, you just can't go back!
    Do the Aprilias have them? I dream of one day having an auto blipper! I can't blip the throttle while braking to save my life. Always end up modulating lever pressure as I try start and pogoing back and forth.
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Do the Aprilias have them? I dream of one day having an auto blipper! I can't blip the throttle while braking to save my life. Always end up modulating lever pressure as I try start and pogoing back and forth.
    Nope, not standard, but my special one with the kit electronics does. Bloody awesome!! I got used to it on the '15 Beemer, and then got lucky with the Ape already having it fitted. You can buy a Starlane one for the Ape, too.

I've never been able to blip! Years ago I just stopped trying (same issue... if I blip I let go of the brake - I must be really unco!), and just put up with it being clunky. Then slipper clutches came out, and it got a bit better. Now, not using the clutch at all is awesome!! When I jump on the wet bike (without auto-blip), I get all confused and can't change down.

Yep that's my issue struggling to blip, and break at the same time mostly into T2 at EC but if the option is there why not, one less thing to worry about.

Nope, not standard, but my special one with the kit electronics does. Bloody awesome!! I got used to it on the '15 Beemer, and then got lucky with the Ape already having it fitted. You can buy a Starlane one for the Ape, too.

I've never been able to blip! Years ago I just stopped trying (same issue... if I blip I let go of the brake - I must be really unco!), and just put up with it being clunky. Then slipper clutches came out, and it got a bit better. Now, not using the clutch at all is awesome!! When I jump on the wet bike (without auto-blip), I get all confused and can't change down.
    Nick how are you getting auto blip without the shift rod sensor ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Nick how are you getting auto blip without the shift rod sensor ???
    It's got the sensor, I assume. The one on the old APX bike has a custom-looking sensor (which doesn't auto-blip), but the RF has a sensor that looks identical to the stock black one, but works both ways.

Na, that sensor doesnt auto blip, the only one Aprilia sell is a small red one, it has Aviorace written on it. They supply all the APX pot sensors. Theres also a modified gearbox sensor with different wiring that goes into the engine.

The easy way to tell if you have some kinda special setup, is open the Palm, go into GEAR and check if its SET, ONLYPOT or LOAD
    Last edited by Kris; 17-03-2016 at 02:30 PM.

So how is it auto blipping??

Ive no idea but you can absolutely use the OEM sensor without the clutch to go up gears, it will move the revs slightly but thats not the blip. Have a look at your Palm and see whats in there - maybe you have some kinda wackky thing that auto blips

Maybe I'm just speshul

Check whats in your palm, that will tell you for good but my discussions with the wogs say only the little red sensor does it combined with the 360degree gearbox pot.

Youll also know visually because your black box would connect into a Deutsch Autosport connector near the water pump (and not the 2 pin connector up near the airbox)

What setting is it under? Ie what am I looking for in the palm?

So how is it auto blipping??

Quote Originally Posted by Jakels View Post

This bastard is amazing overlayed my 41 flat and 40 and boom see where the time is plus made some custom back grounds.

yep I do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko5juGSRFTk

or did rather when I used to ride bikes. it is pretty easy to use & you can sync up multiple camera's plus overlays etc.

as a pure video editing piece of software it is pretty handy as well. much faster than movie maker

So unfortunately my new sprockets won't arrive until Friday, and I'm still waiting on the auto blip from the States, Hopefully it's fully sorted by the 27th as I've got a date with Alex Cudlin.

Picked up the bike today from Rob fitted up with a new rear spring and a few base line settings stored manually into the electronic suspension, ready for a run on Friday. It was the 1st time I'd played with it ( when I dropped it off) I was amassed how well it worked. We set up a full soft and a full hard preset, and it just worked!!! So quick and easy.

I've also finished fitting some bonamici rearsets, GB crash protection and started race prep.

I picked up one of Breezys handle bar controls, but I won't fit that up until I get the race glass and strip off the rest of the street kit.

Im spewing about the gearing it really needs it especially if they stick with the full circuit for Friday.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    This bastard is amazing overlayed my 41 flat and 40 and boom see where the time is plus made some custom back grounds.

I'd be interesting to see a ghost bike of you, on the yellow line, and anothr ghost bike of you on the red line, at same time, as an overlay, to see the difference in a video .. that'd be awesome I reckon
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Auto blip fitted, spare rims arrived ready to rock

sweeeeeeet
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Soooooo....... This just happened

I've been teased by pics of new glass. Will look sweet.

But on another note I dropped a tooth on the front before ARDC. Still needs a bit more so I've got a 520 chain 43 rear. I'm just not sure if -1 +2 will be a bit much, so I've ordered a 42 rear as well.
    Not going to go any gearing till after the next two rides days coming up, and I get a bit more comfortable on the bike.

Last edited by Ruckos87; 22-04-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Thread Information