Thread: Any issues moving the reg rec

Any issues moving the reg rec

So on my last trip of the black stuff i destroyed the bracket that holds the rectifier and assorted fuses and the part is on back order with yamaha so i was wondering that if i did this (already have) would cause me any issues i have spaced it out from the frame and have it rubber mounted ish i know they like air flow but the race fairings seemed to cover it from airflow anyways. Plus its heaps neater.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Ive seen it done on quite a few bikes mate. Was actually going to do it to mine.

How is everything else?

No issues: it looks factory!! We do way worse on the RSV4

People forget that they either need lots of airflow and/or be mounted onto something that acts as a heat sink. No point mounting them on a bit of fibreglass, all tucked away under the fairing. If it's not in good airflow, then mount it to something metal and solid that will act as a heat sink.

Nice job mate!! I'll have a few jobs lined up for you when you pop over on Sunday
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    Ive seen it done on quite a few bikes mate. Was actually going to do it to mine.

How is everything else?
    Good mate coming together not much else to do but gee it will be ugly the fairings and tank took a beating and they will not be painted again way to much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    No issues: it looks factory!! We do way worse on the RSV4

People forget that they either need lots of airflow and/or be mounted onto something that acts as a heat sink. No point mounting them on a bit of fibreglass, all tucked away under the fairing. If it's not in good airflow, then mount it to something metal and solid that will act as a heat sink.

Nice job mate!! I'll have a few jobs lined up for you when you pop over on Sunday
    Oh yay i get to play bikes again I'm actually excited i like your garage so many shiny things 👍👍

The stock spot on the ZX6R is as dumb as they come... no wonder they issued a recall for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    The stock spot on the ZX6R is as dumb as they come... no wonder they issued a recall for them.
    Second only to the oil filter position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Second only to the oil filter position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes... don't even remind of that genius idea. Then again, half a milk bottle and you're sorted!

Yeh mate, that position is fine, been running mine there for forever. Stays cool too.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Yeh mate, that position is fine, been running mine there for forever. Stays cool too.
    Good news mate i thought it would melt or something cool like that.

Thread Information