Thread: Gloves!

Gloves!

I need a new pair as the one I have is fantastically great but it's too small for me and it makes it a PITA to put them on/take them off. I was actually gonna buy the same pair again only one size up but I like to try new stuff so I come to you with the question: What do you recommend?

Now, I've had Alpinestars before and I'm not going there again... 3 pairs, they all split on the side of the fingers even though I never crashed on any of them (the never crashed part is hard to swallow, I know). Currently own a pair of RS Taichi GP EVO which I do love other than the reasons stated above.

Would like:

- Kangaroo leather Palms

- South of $300

Any suggestions is welcome!

RS taichi GP evos are a great glove. Most comfortable I have ever worn. Have you seen the latest version with the updated Knox Palm sliders?
    I'm going to wait out to check out the new generation of gimoto gloves. Have the new Knox Palm sliders as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Like I said, they're fantastic! Unfortunately I got a Medium when I should have gotten a Large, they have virtually no break in and I didn't plan for that as the Alpinestars ones I had got quite loose after a while. The Evos still fit me and cause me no issues when they're on but getting them on and off...

I haven't checked but I'm guessing the Gimoto will be closer to the $400 mark and I would prefer to not go that high
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 05-03-2016 at 03:11 PM.

I rate the Ricondi gloves. They are cheap (~200), roo leather, comfy etc.
    the only downside is that after a year or so, all my pairs are opening up on the inside of the wrist seam.

IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Ricondi. Love em. Wouldnt buy anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    I haven't checked but I'm guessing the Gimoto will be closer to the $400 mark and I would prefer to not go that high
    Last time I checked they were 245, doubt the new ones would be that more expensive if there were to be a price bump.

I had a pair if Five gloves that I loved. Definitely recommend them.

They were "misplaced" at the last Top Rider day at the south circuit

I hope someone enjoys them :(

I went through the Alpinestars thing for a while too, never again!
    +1 for the Ricondi gloves tho. Excellent fit and crash really well.
    Had mine for well over a year and no splitting either...
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Mmmm might go against the grain abit i love Ricondi but after my last low side where i came down pretty soft and slid for not to long my right glove instantly broke open on the palm slider on the stiching which resulted in a nice sized hole in my hand. Maybe its the way i fell i cant be sure but it hurt to much so im gonna change it up.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

And these are the latest release gloves to.

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    And these are the latest release gloves to.

Hmmm, that's no good!! I have two pairs of the previous generation, maybe something has changed for the worse?
    Might be worth telling Smarty?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Hmmm, that's no good!! I have two pairs of the previous generation, maybe something has changed for the worse?
    Might be worth telling Smarty?!
    I have mate and will be sending them to him shortly to look at.

Gloves!

I've got Ricondi ATM love em
    crashed in Gimoto and they held up well but not cheep. . Also crashed in a pair of shark GP gloves ( yes the face book $99 ones) they were great as well and comfortable.
    Not sure what to make of all of that though ...

Oh dam... Ricondi was on my short list of gloves to try but those pictures don't really inspire lots of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakels View Post

I had never heard of them but googled and was not disappointed... they do look good! What's the model to have though? And where do you go to try one out?

Can't say I'm impressed with their website layout even though the prob shelled out to make it look fancy.

Do you really need gloves when you don't ride your bike Ed? Ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakels View Post

You haven't found them yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Slow bro View Post
    Do you really need gloves when you don't ride your bike Ed? Ha ha!

Dear old man who refuses to go racing, my fingers hurt from typing on the computer

Dear old man who refuses to go racing, my fingers hurt from typing on the computer
    Fair enough. Let's organise a ride soon yeh.

Peter Stevens had a sale a while back. Five RFX-1's for $99. Best glove I've owned. Certainly at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow bro View Post
    Fair enough. Let's organise a ride soon yeh.
    Yep. Need to organize myself first hence the gloves and a few other little bits and pieces which are not 100% yet... and then a stupid trailer and I'll be out there. Sounds like 2019, doesn't it? hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Krackeye View Post
    Peter Stevens had a sale a while back. Five RFX-1's for $99. Best glove I've owned. Certainly at that price.
    5 singles or 5 pairs? either way it's a great price!

I'll throw a +1 for helds as well. Phantoms did me well through 2 crashes.

I went out to see Irena's new shop at The Creek. Turns out she's doing Knox gloves now too.
    I picked up a pair of Handroid and I REALLY rate them. Bargain at $255 for a top end glove and more protection that any other glove I've owned.
    The fit is nice too. Room enough to manoeuvre in the right spots and easy to open up and crank down with the other hand in a glove.
    Plus they have the added bonus of making you feel like a Terminator!!

Looks like they're doing Furygan leathers now too. She's still doing Gimoto, but Furygan are to be an off the peg option that's a fair bit cheaper.
    New to me but apparently Michael Dunlop and Johann Zarko are among their users!
    Anyone that's been to Irena for a repair will know she run's a tight ship when it comes to quality of stitching & hide etc so I reckon these'll have to be pretty good!

Nice purchase Owen, heard only good things about the Knox gloves and their armour in general.
    Did Irena say how much the Furygan leathers where? I think there made in France from memory but could be wrong!

That a big step up from the old shoe box, and a bit better than the central coast where I think she was tossing up locating (close to her home)
    Irena does awesome work my custom gimoto was the best investment I've made, its done 4 crashes and was only after the 5th I thought it might be gone but Irena stitched new leather underneath all the thinning spots, even painted it up for me. Good as new

Sent from my iPh

Quote Originally Posted by Leezx10r View Post
    Nice purchase Owen, heard only good things about the Knox gloves and their armour in general.
    Did Irena say how much the Furygan leathers where? I think there made in France from memory but could be wrong!

Thanks mate, I'd heard good stuff about the Knox too. The seem the biz in the skin!
    Yeah, Furygan are manufactured in France and not outsourced which I guess is why she likes em.
    I think these ones go for $1395. They look great in person!

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    That a big step up from the old shoe box, and a bit better than the central coast where I think she was tossing up locating (close to her home)
    Irena does awesome work my custom gimoto was the best investment I've made, its done 4 crashes and was only after the 5th I thought it might be gone but Irena stitched new leather underneath all the thinning spots, even painted it up for me. Good as new

Sent from my iPh
    Yes, +1 for her repairs. She's always done a top job on mine too!

Any of them Roo Sicko?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Any of them Roo Sicko?
    That was my first question too!!
    Nah, these are all cow hide.

The suits come in kangaroo option I believe

Sent from my iPh

The suits come in kangaroo option I believe

Sent from my iPh
    Gimoto do, Kris owns one. I don't think the Furygan do tho.

Gimoto do, Kris owns one. I don't think the Furygan do tho.
    I thought Irena said they did but custom ordered only???
    Hopefully I don't need to ask the question for a while yet

Sent from my iPh

I thought Irena said they did but custom ordered only???
    Hopefully I don't need to ask the question for a while yet

Sent from my iPh
    Maybe it's a question of the distribution agreement... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    Cheers Mate... Tried the search thing on my phone but it didnt work..

No worries mate, what have you tried thus far?
    I had very poor results with A* after some minor off's gave me a few friction burns and the stitching came out very easily...

No worries mate, what have you tried thus far?
    I had very poor results with A* after some minor off's gave me a few friction burns and the stitching came out very easily...
    I have used five, they where pretty good but tore up during an off at t3.

Since then just various models of ricondi. The initial ones where good i loved them. But the new ones not so much.

Thinking I might go and see irena and try some of these handroids on.

Not a fan of A* at all.

Yeah, I'm with you on the Ricondi's having dropped off. I used to LOVE them. Shame to hear the Five aren't great either.
    I'd deff recommend trying on the Handroids as their sizing doesn't seem comparable. Mine feel good but I'm yet to crash in them...

Smarty has been to the manufacturing plant , and fixed up the problems. Contact him and he can help you. I have a pair of the new race gloves and they are great

Bahaha Five are absolute trash, went through 3 pairs in 8 months WITHOUT a crash, impressively terrible for $250+ glove. Everyone fell apart in a different way. When I returned the 3rd set I just got my $ back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    Smarty has been to the manufacturing plant , and fixed up the problems. Contact him and he can help you. I have a pair of the new race gloves and they are great

Ah that's good new, Kimbo. Thanks for the update.

My Ricondi race gloves are coming on 4 years old and they are excellent. They are so good in fact, they fit almost as snug as they did when I first got them. It's a shame to hear the quality dropped off. Smarty is usually very good at resolving problem and generally goes out of his way to correct it.

The RFX FIVE. I absolutely love them, its like wearing close fitting mittins. so comfy and the palms are kangaroo, and also have a carbon slider for those shitty low sides. I would definiatly recommend to anyone and everyone.
    The 2008 Beast R6 "champ" #81.
    Director of TrackStop Service and Storage
    "for all your motorcycle track needs"

For $600 a pair I would expect them to be made of soft ginger human skin, freckles and all too...

my bargain bin at Sydney City Motorcycles Berik gloves are tops. Crashed in them and they were fine, didnt even tear up at all. Im on my second pair now only because i wore through the thumb on the throttle side by riding in the rain and not caring for the leather. Think they were $80?
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    my bargain bin at Sydney City Motorcycles Berik gloves are tops. Crashed in them and they were fine, didnt even tear up at all. Im on my second pair now only because i wore through the thumb on the throttle side by riding in the rain and not caring for the leather. Think they were $80?
    Which Beriks are they mate?

For $600 a pair I would expect them to be made of soft ginger human skin, freckles and all too...

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Would they happen to be the Berik Vision Gloves? I have been road riding in them for 5+ years and they held up surprisingly well but I always wondered how they would perform in a crash.

BK5990WH_1-1000x1000.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wil55n View Post
    Would they happen to be the Berik Vision Gloves? I have been road riding in them for 5+ years and they held up surprisingly well but I always wondered how they would perform in a crash.

BK5990WH_1-1000x1000.jpg
    Not sure about carl but i have crashed and still replaced these, the thumb will wear quickly tho..
    Correct size essential (buy tight)
    $80 bikebiz bin.

Essentially the same, but mine were the KTG race glove. Same shape etc but with different knuckle and wrist armour. Took two crashes no probs last weekend with hands on the ground sliding, just wore the thumb out since its thinner leather there for better feel.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

After seeing the aftermath of a few crashed Berik items, I have to say their gear seems to outperform their pricetag!
    Eastern Creek & Wakefield Photos: facebook.com/wilsonphotomedia

Quote Originally Posted by wil55n View Post
    After seeing the aftermath of a few crashed Berik items, I have to say their gear seems to outperform their pricetag!
    Absolutely agree. I've had a couple of suits over the years, and they typically stand up to several slides before needing any repairs. Haven't tried the gloves yet tho.

Thread Information