Thread: Brembo 19RCS...worth it?

Brembo 19RCS...worth it?

What are your thoughts on these?
    How much better are they than the stock units on modern bikes?
    Are they worth it?
    If you have used them before would you again?

Cheers

on the Gixxer definite yes,

My R1 came with, so I have no comparison on that bike

definately worth it.
    I had the 19x18 (non adjustable RCS one) on my CBR and the difference was immense.
    I now have it on my RSV4 and the brakes are just fantastic...the feel is great and stopping power great.

2015 MV AGUSTA F3 800
    2010 RSV4 FACTORY (TRACK BIKE)
    2007 KTM 300EXC

2005 CBR1000RR (TRACK BIKE SOLD)
    2004 KTM125SX (SOLD)
    2008 YAMAHA R1 (CRASHED)
    2002 YAMAHA R6 (SOLD)

Depends on the bike, as in what you're replacing. The '15 RSV4 has an upgraded OEM Brembo, and couldn't possibly be any better. Same with the '15 BMW (unlike the earlier models). On the earlier bikes, it would be a worthwhile upgrade. It would be particularly useful on, say a Gen 4 ('11 - '15) ZX10R, where the stock brakes were pretty poor. If you'd just bought the 2016 ZX10R, you'd be unlikely to notice a large benefit.

In descending order of importance to braking performance, I reckon it goes something like:
    40% pads
    25% M/C
    20% discs
    10% fluid
    5% lines
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

i noticed a massive difference on my GSXR

Quote Originally Posted by Ben750au View Post
    i noticed a massive difference on my GSXR
    Yah, gixxer m/c's are notoriously poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Depends on the bike, as in what you're replacing. The '15 RSV4 has an upgraded OEM Brembo, and couldn't possibly be any better. Same with the '15 BMW (unlike the earlier models). On the earlier bikes, it would be a worthwhile upgrade. It would be particularly useful on, say a Gen 4 ('11 - '15) ZX10R, where the stock brakes were pretty poor. If you'd just bought the 2016 ZX10R, you'd be unlikely to notice a large benefit.

In descending order of importance to braking performance, I reckon it goes something like:
    40% pads
    25% M/C
    20% discs
    10% fluid
    5% lines
    What about the r6s mate no complaints with my setup just curious if you think its a nice upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yah I've been considering one for my zx6. Got the feeling my wrist is going to be a consistent problem so might be a step in the right direction along with some other mods. Like everyone else not sure how much of a difference it will make from the stock Nissen one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

My 2013 zx10r really helped, but I agree with Nicks post.

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    What about the r6s mate no complaints with my setup just curious if you think its a nice upgrade.

I have one of each on my R6's. I do prefer the overall feel of the RCS, I've got mine set like a switch!!
    That was one of the biggest changed from the Gixxer when I swapped. All my markers were miles out!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Worth every penny. I have the RCS on both my 10R but it is a gen4. Stock they are ok ok brakes but nothing to sing home about.

Combine that with a set of good pads and it literally transformed my 10R.

The stock R6 units are good though Jaswib

Brembo 19RCS...worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post

You'll get a lot more bang for your buck with pads. The OEM R6 m/c is fine. As Owen says, there's probably a 'feel' improvement, but some people prefer the softer, more progressive feel of the stock setup.

I confess to being a little disappointed when I first fitted the RCS to the R6. It wasn't as good as an improvement as I was expecting for the coin (ie it made no noticeable difference, and cost a fortune).

Pads, pads and pads. Let me say it again. If you haven't upgraded your pads yet, do that before any super-exxy m/c upgrade. It makes waaaaaaay more difference. Vesrah SRJL

You'll get a lot more bang for your buck with pads. The OEM R6 m/c is fine. As Owen says, there's probably a 'feel' improvement, but some people prefer the softer, more progressive feel of the stock setup.

I confess to being a little disappointed when I first fitted the RCS to the R6. It wasn't as good as an improvement as I was expecting for the coin (ie it made no noticeable difference, and cost a fortune).

Pads, pads and pads. Let me say it again. If you haven't upgraded your pads yet, do that before any super-exxy m/c upgrade. It makes waaaaaaay more difference. Vesrah SRJL

Bugger just put a set of oems in the other day i quiet like them in terms of bite and feel oh well ill get them next time round.

OEM are fine on the Yammie. Not the very very best, but not that far off.
    On some bikes (notably Kwakas) OEM are the best option of all.
    Some of the cheaper aftermarket ones are really crappy.
    But if you're happy with the performance, then there's no problem!

If you haven't upgraded your pads yet, do that before any super-exxy m/c upgrade. It makes waaaaaaay more difference. Vesrah SRJL
    ^^^^^ This x1M
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Yep, SRJL XX on the R6 was night and day difference... But I still prefer the stock brakes on the ZX6. Having said that, I have an RCS in my shopping basket at caprimoto and the mouse finger is rather twitchy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Yep, SRJL XX on the R6 was night and day difference... But I still prefer the stock brakes on the ZX6. Having said that, I have an RCS in my shopping basket at caprimoto and the mouse finger is rather twitchy
    Really I quite like the srjl-XXs on the ZX but I guess it's a personal preference. That being said I never actually ran the oem pads on track at a decent pace mainly in white group/on the road.
    Haha I'm the same with the RCS, carpimoto and all. You go first and let me know how it compares to the stock MC

Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Really I quite like the srjl-XXs on the ZX but I guess it's a personal preference. That being said I never actually ran the oem pads on track at a decent pace mainly in white group/on the road.
    Haha I'm the same with the RCS, carpimoto and all. You go first and let me know how it compares to the stock MC

hahaha dammit... shouldn't have said anything and waited for your feedback.

What I meant was that I prefer the stock ZX6R over the SRJL on the R6. I haven't actually tried the SRJLs on the ZX6R, which I hope I will next! But I still have plenty of meat left on the current set (OEMs). That being said, I'm sure there's something else I need from kurveygirl so I should get the SRJLs to save on shipping. You know... 'cause it's the right thing to do.

Yah, gixxer m/c's are notoriously poor.
    Depends maybe on model year or feel your after.
    My 10 (L0) has plenty stopping power everything stock except lines.Was going to upgade until one day pulled a completely unintentional clumsy stoppie at 225kph into 2.
    Flaggie had yellow waving before i pulled it up luckily,
    Sphincter chewed nice hole in the seat tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    hahaha dammit... shouldn't have said anything and waited for your feedback.

What I meant was that I prefer the stock ZX6R over the SRJL on the R6. I haven't actually tried the SRJLs on the ZX6R, which I hope I will next! But I still have plenty of meat left on the current set (OEMs). That being said, I'm sure there's something else I need from kurveygirl so I should get the SRJLs to save on shipping. You know... 'cause it's the right thing to do.
    the zx6's will struggle with brake fade with anything but the original pads. I have just been through this trying to fix brake fade issues, went back to the original pads and the fade has almost completely gone.

Mines fine without the brembo m/c. Just have some nice pads in there, Ferodo i think. Goodridge lines. And good fluid. Dislike Stu's Brembo 18, but thats just personal preference, he loves it.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

OEM are fine on the Yammie. Not the very very best, but not that far off.
    On some bikes (notably Kwakas) OEM are the best option of all.
    Hmm interesting this the opinion in terms of the ZX10r's? Haven't really chatted to many about what pads to run. Got Brembo's of some kind in it at the moment and their okay but certainly not great. Always loved the stockers on the R6 though!

Quote Originally Posted by simonr View Post
    the zx6's will struggle with brake fade with anything but the original pads. I have just been through this trying to fix brake fade issues, went back to the original pads and the fade has almost completely gone.
    Haven't had much of a problem with brake fade with mine to be honest... I did struggle with bleeding it properly and it took multiple tries to fix (Thanks Mick/Rhino and even Wetty!). Motul suppa-duppa fluid works a treat too but as we all know, they can be very finicky when it comes to moisture. Somehow mine did last over a year without issues though. I now have RBF600(?) in it and it's not as fantastic but it's still very good (and lot cheaper/easier to run).

Disclaimer: At my pace I may not be experiencing the problems you are!

Quote Originally Posted by nigelnobody View Post
    Depends maybe on model year or feel your after.
    My 10 (L0) has plenty stopping power everything stock except lines.Was going to upgade until one day pulled a completely unintentional clumsy stoppie at 225kph into 2.
    Flaggie had yellow waving before i pulled it up luckily,
    Sphincter chewed nice hole in the seat tho...
    I think that this is where the M/C generates some confusion... I'm no expert of course, but I think ANY stock M/C will have more than enough power to pull a wheelie at any speed. The thing with choosing one M/C over another is more how much feeling/pressure you personally prefer. I like something with a solid feel to it, not the strongest initial bite but not something I need to squeeze the lever bent to stop either. That's why I disliked the stock M/C on the R6. It always felt a bit mushy despite numerous bleeds and needed a little more pressure than I would have liked to in order to be precise. Having said that, initial bite is usually more down to your pads, I think... which is why the SRJL is a fantastic option.

If I have the bike in the stands, the lever needs to feel solid IMHO. Best I ever tried was a Moto2 bike... I just couldn't believe how much of the pads you feel through the lever.

Appreciate views Ed,agree i think it all comes down to how much lever we are comfortable with.
    So far for me stock works great suzuki pads(ipone fluid) also,although if i switch seems Vesrah is the go.

Btw the culprit for said stoppie was stretched gloves sticking to grip when rolling off throttle,
    I now buy tight and put up with taking off issues.

Thread Information