Thread: Additional ride day SMSP Mon 14th March

Additional ride day SMSP Mon 14th March

Looks like an unannounced ride day has just been released on the 14th. I'm spewing I've made arrangement I do WP on the 15th so can't make it.
    Check it out if your around.

Edit oh it's only $199 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruckos87; 07-03-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Work.... They all seem to be on work days this month.

was gunna go, but need money for court
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-Man View Post
    was gunna go, but need money for court
    Are you in trouble again?
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Im there plus some others, in need seat time.

Im in

Seem like terry is pushing this. Face book posts, texts from the old Wakefiekd number. Any one would think he didn't want a good turn out at WP on the Tuesday after ....

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Seem like terry is pushing this. Face book posts, texts from the old Wakefiekd number. Any one would think he didn't want a good turn out at WP on the Tuesday after ....

I got the text message from Gloria as well

Yeh, sounds okay, but I will be riding Phillip Island instead.

Yep I'm in i have sorted a garage for tarmac talk just waiting for old mate to get back to us with the garage number (should be next to Glenn)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Yeh, sounds okay, but I will be riding Phillip Island instead.
    Tough life ...

Tough life ...

The struggle is real.

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    Yep I'm in i have sorted a garage for tarmac talk just waiting for old mate to get back to us with the garage number (should be next to Glenn)

The boss of Stay up right was saying all reserved garages will be from 1-8 from now on, which I think is a smart move
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    The boss of Stay up right was saying all reserved garages will be from 1-8 from now on, which I think is a smart move
    Lame i wanna be next to Glenn i have more setup to do. I shall ring tomorrow and see.

It's probably a 'fairer' way of doing garage reservations, but it sux balls for us cool kids. The whole point of reserving a garage is to get a cool spot you wouldn't necessarily get otherwise. Bummer

me and a mate are going, u think glen will be there?

Quote Originally Posted by mattr6 View Post
    me and a mate are going, u think glen will be there?
    Spoke to him today he's there.

Spoke to him today he's there.

thanks

Sorted a garage we are number 20

Booked in...Public holiday in ACT(because we are special) ;-)
    Still have to be on the road by 4:30am :-(

So today has been awesome so far still doing alot of setup as I've changed the rear to a v01 soft but im happy with the times so far still struggling with rear grip but its getting better. ☺

Its a high 40 but im counting it. ����
    Last edited by jaswib; 14-03-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Nice one!! What's the differences between the V01 and V02?

Additional ride day SMSP Mon 14th March

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Width 185mm vs 201mm
    Rolling diameter, 650mm vs 655mm
    Carcass ... Dunno what makes em different though lol
    Might be some other things but that's all I'm aware of. Apparently the compounds are made the same between the two.
    I've not tried the v01 only the 2 but I'm thinking of giving the v01 a try when I come back just to see if I like it. When ever that might be lol

Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

So today has been awesome so far still doing alot of setup as I've changed the rear to a v01 soft but im happy with the times so far still struggling with rear grip but its getring better. ☺

Its a high 40 but im counting it. ����
    Fantastic times mate!! 39's round the corner!!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Fantastic times mate!! 39's round the corner!!
    Lol it's gonna be a big corner , just want to get a bit more consistent with the 40s and 41s. Might need you out there to drag me around abit. 👍

Stopped in this arvo,looking very smooth from 2 through 3.
    Blue r6 right?

Quote Originally Posted by nigelnobody View Post
    Stopped in this arvo,looking very smooth from 2 through 3.
    Blue r6 right?
    Yep well blue and primer now. Felt good in the morning after lunch i felt pretty ordinary out there tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Felt like i could get into the corner faster would drop on a dime so i could square up corners better. Edge grip felt similar to. The Aim is great i tried some analysis on the laptop at the track and it confused me abit so i may have to read the manual. ☺

what a great day, about 100 people showed up, plenty of room in all the groups
    and the rain, if you call it that, came just as we finished the 5th session so I packed up early
    I spent the day working with Alex Cudlin, I can't recommend him highly enough, it was so easy to understand him and picture in my mind the very bad habits I have developed over the last year while chasing a comfortable suspension set up, which I finally achieved last weekend thanks to Rob Hodgson from Wellsprung, but his service is worth a separate post :-)

I spent the day working with Alex Cudlin, I can't recommend him highly enough,
    Id love to hear about this, I spoke to Alex a few mths ago but haven't been able to lock in a suitable date.

I spent the day working with Alex Cudlin, I can't recommend him highly enough,
    I've heard both he and Damien are excellent!

Lol it's gonna be a big corner , just want to get a bit more consistent with the 40s and 41s. Might need you out there to drag me around abit.
    Nah, you're almost there! Where do you think the time is? Got any videos?

Nah, you're almost there! Where do you think the time is? Got any videos?
    Yep i have videos and Aim laptimer data so ill sit down and try to figure it out. I was definitely alot faster through 2 4 and 9. Now just to figure out how to use the aim software.

For me and the AIM software, there are only 3 tabs that I use;

Track Report - A colour temperature/speed overview that can show max and min speeds per corner and see where you're carrying more speed through corners and braking later.

Split Report - Self explanatory. Gives you an idea of how fast through some sectors can be slow through others.

Lap Replay - Race one of your laps vs another and see where you're managing to make up or lose time vs a PB fro example.

The only other feature I use is the data export so I can see single laps on Google Earth. That way, If I'm trying a new line, I can see how it compares.
    Whenever I import sessions, I ALWAYS add a note as to any bike or rider changes I've tried as well as overall feel, so I can trace back good results.
    It's always the case that I'm most relaxed on my fastest lap times and I'm slow and feel like I can't find any more time, when I'm pushing too hard.

For me and the AIM software, there are only 3 tabs that I use;

Track Report - A colour temperature/speed overview that can show max and min speeds per corner and see where you're carrying more speed through corners and braking later.

Split Report - Self explanatory. Gives you an idea of how fast through some sectors can be slow through others.

Lap Replay - Race one of your laps vs another and see where you're managing to make up or lose time vs a PB fro example.

The only other feature I use is the data export so I can see single laps on Google Earth. That way, If I'm trying a new line, I can see how it compares.
    Whenever I import sessions, I ALWAYS add a note as to any bike or rider changes I've tried as well as overall feel, so I can trace back good results.
    It's always the case that I'm most relaxed on my fastest lap times and I'm slow and feel like I can't find any more time, when I'm pushing too hard.
    Awesome mate thanks for the run down ill give it a go 👍👍

Id love to hear about this, I spoke to Alex a few mths ago but haven't been able to lock in a suitable date.
    yep it took me the best part of 6 months for us to synk up and it all came together with 10 days notice after smsp added this day other wise it was going to be the 27th April, so that day is now free for you ;-)

yep it took me the best part of 6 months for us to synk up and it all came together with 10 days notice after smsp added this day other wise it was going to be the 27th April, so that day is now free for you ;-)
    Cool I'm already booked the 27th I'll message him

Lol it's gonna be a big corner , just want to get a bit more consistent with the 40s and 41s. Might need you out there to drag me around abit. ��

Turn 1 is a big corner and it's where I lose/gain majority of time based on confidence to pick the throttle up earlier and not be such a wuss on the brakes going in

Cheers Mark for the heads up I booked him in

AIM is shit, buy a SpeedAngle. Its the best, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    AIM is shit, buy a SpeedAngle. Its the best, apparently.
    Hahaha it got well out of hand on fb. The aim unit is epic in my opinion cant believe how accurate it is once exported to google maps bam saw my errors within a second. Lol

You cant talk to people that make money from a product, they wont ever listen.

Never used that Google Earth feature, looks good.

You cant talk to people that make money from a product, they wont ever listen.

Never used that Google Earth feature, looks good.
    Yep you have to do some extra leg work to only export one lap (aim defults the whole session) but so far its paid for it's self already i now know exactly where im loosing and making time. He really didnt want to hear about it was quiet amusing. Im sure as a live timer it's ok but the software and lean angle part meh.

When GPS stands for "Gravel Pit Scuffle"... too soon?

Yep you have to do some extra leg work to only export one lap (aim defults the whole session) but so far its paid for it's self already i now know exactly where im loosing and making time. He really didnt want to hear about it was quiet amusing. Im sure as a live timer it's ok but the software and lean angle part meh.
    Lol, what happened on FB??

If you really need it, you can actually compute lean angle from AIM using the Math Channels function..

Lol, what happened on FB??

If you really need it, you can actually compute lean angle from AIM using the Math Channels function..
    Yes, you can and I have, its kinda useless though but no one on FB would believe me. Knowing your lean angle from the speed angle is important im told.

If they were sponsored by Tip Top, they'd be sprouting shit on toast too. Helps your laps!

Knowing your lean angle from the speed angle is important im told.
    Essential!! That's where all the improvements are to be made!!

If they were sponsored by Tip Top, they'd be sprouting shit on toast too. Helps your laps!
    Hahahah, it's all in the pitch...
    'Daily Tip Top Consumption helps centralise rider weight for maximum mid-corner stability...'

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    Turn 1 is a big corner and it's where I lose/gain majority of time based on confidence to pick the throttle up earlier and not be such a wuss on the brakes going in
    I have found with 1 the harder you throttle thru the easier the bumps are and you can spend 75% of your concentration keeping the rear from stepping out to far. Its like when you go down a hill in a car with it out of gear and it floats from one bump to the next without any real control or have it in gear driving hard and having control over the bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    I have found with 1 the harder you throttle thru the easier the bumps are and you can spend 75% of your concentration keeping the rear from stepping out to far. Its like when you go down a hill in a car with it out of gear and it floats from one bump to the next without any real control or have it in gear driving hard and having control over the bumps.
    Agree completely although last time out I nearly lost the rear on exit and absolutely shit myself.

turn 1 is my boogieman, if I do 2 days back to back I can drop as much as 3-4 seconds through there compared to when I have ridden in an age (like now)

Thread Information