Thread: ASBK round 2 - Wakefield

ASBK round 2 - Wakefield

Soooooo, not my favouritestest track (last time I was there I left in an ambulance with a badly broken ankle), but I'm doing all of ASBK again this year, so I'm in. Just throwing a thread up for anyone keen to come down.

It's on Easter weekend. Friday practice, and racing on Sat and Sun. I know we've got some support class entries ( thread is here: http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthre...r-Round-2-ASBK ).

Hope to see some spectators too! If anyone needs a ticket, just let me know
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I'm in!! Bit of a step down from PI but I reckon it'll be a good turnout.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Soooooo, not my favouritestest track (last time I was there I left in an ambulance with a badly broken ankle), but I'm doing all of ASBK again this year, so I'm in. Just throwing a thread up for anyone keen to come down.

It's on Easter weekend. Friday practice, and racing on Sat and Sun. I know we've got some support class entries ( thread is here: http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthre...r-Round-2-ASBK ).

Hope to see some spectators too! If anyone needs a ticket, just let me know
    Ill be down on sunday to watch not riding unfortunately but ill take one of these magic tickets and in return ill be your personal pit bitch.☺

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    ill be your personal pit bitch.☺
    Tops!! I have a job for you..... the generator, stands and warmers for the media grid! It's fun

Hahah sounds good mate i might need superbike source apparel then only to look professional of course ☺☺

Good point! I think I can manage that.

SHiiiiittttt, can your supplier find a shirt big enough for jaswib tho Marshy????? Might take the fabric supply of a small nation to clothe him! hahhahahahah I wont be there either due to "reasons", Stu and I may pop down and watch/provide useful insight
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    SHiiiiittttt, can your supplier find a shirt big enough for jaswib tho Marshy????? Might take the fabric supply of a small nation to clothe him! hahhahahahah I wont be there either due to "reasons", Stu and I may pop down and watch/provide useful insight
    Haha come on now i somehow squeezed into a 58 suit the other day all this bike riding is making me smaller 😑

Quote Originally Posted by jaswib View Post
    all this bike riding is making me smaller 

Yeah, there's you and then Pedrosa. Can't tell you guys apart without looking closely.

LOL marshy
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post
    Other reasons !~ hahaha hmmm my wallet hurts and yes we hope to be there just without bikes :(

So does mine... :( Its feeling quite light.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Im in. should be a good wknd..

I'm all but in for the support class.
    AKA The SV Guy

No.22

Racing St George and Australasian Superbike Championships in 2017 on:

2002 Yellow WeeSV 650

2010 Yamaha R6

Formerly on a Yellow 2000 SV650S (now deceased, thanks to me).

Race 1 (groundhog day, with four goes at completing it). Lots of crashes!!

Sure that wasn't a BEARS race. Wow!

Wow!!!

Madness, hey?

Absolutely. I am not a fan of that track at all!!

Faaaark!! Total carnage :(
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

That was so damn close.

WOW....

Shittest feeling ever coming round hoping it wasn't you or Kris mate... That was hard to watch, bloody hell, that bloke that caused the carnage is so damn lucky Kris flipped his bike rather than run over his head. Very glad everyone is relatively okay...

By the end of that day running through gravel traps dragging smashed bikes on and off that trailer, I felt like I'd had a crash myself!

Was that Kris flipping the bike?? I was gonna say... whoever it was, probably saved that dude's life or at least saved him from a very lengthy recovery!! Terrible there were so many crashes but congrats on amazing reflexes nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Was that Kris flipping the bike?? I was gonna say... whoever it was, probably saved that dude's life or at least saved him from a very lengthy recovery!! Terrible there were so many crashes but congrats on amazing reflexes nonetheless.
    Certainly was me :(

Thankfully by some stroke of the luck the bike only suffered rear tail damage, brake lever guard and took a lug off the triple clamp, slight dent in the rear wheel. Everything else is unmarked - presumably because the bike landed on me, and old mate.

So close to his head, it wasnt funny.

Round 2 of ASBK at Wakefield Park Raceway set to air on 7mate this Saturday!

With the halfway point in the Yamaha Motor Finance Australian Superbike Championship presented by Motul Pirelli just around the corner, fans will have the opportunity to catch up on all of the Superbike class action from Round 2 of the Championship at Wakefield Park Raceway on 7mate this Saturday!
    If you have been waiting to catch all the thrills and spills from Wakefield Park, then you’re in for a treat this weekend. Round 2 of the ASBK played host to red flagged races, crashes, tight racing, plus some fairy tale victories, and you can watch it all on 7mate from 12:30pm tomorrow afternoon.
    Don’t miss a minute of another action-packed ASBK television broadcast - pick up the remote, switch on 7mate and put Round 2 of the ASBK on your agenda for this weekend.
    For a taste of what you’ll see on screens this Saturday, hit link below for the Round 2 official ASBK teaser.
    2016 ASBK EP 2 TEASER
    Broadcast times are as follows:
    7mate – Round 2, Wakefield Park – Saturday April 9, 12:30pm
    The 7mate ASBK broadcast this weekend will include all of the action in the Yamaha Motorcycle Insurance Superbike class, with a two our extended broadcast covering all classes set to hit screens on Thursday April 28 on Fox Sports 5.

Thread Information