I've only done one day in proper rain and it was great fun.I was running dunlops wets which I got for free after someone chucked em away on the tyre pile deciding they were to old.

Soft as all hell and I think you could run them with out putting them on the warmers though for peace of mind I wouldn't risk it. I don't have dual temp warmers so went by Stus advice and did 5 minutes on the warmers and then turning them off with the warmers still on the rims to sit about 10 minutes before going out. Lucky enough to have Stu muck around with my suspension to to soften it up.

I had a mate with me who had pirellis wets which were noticeably harder to the touch (cold). He decided not to to put them on the warmers and was on his ass by the entry of turn 3. Almost upright and just fell away from him. Given how hard the pirelli wets were I reckon he would have been fine had he put them on the warmers for a few minutes before going out.

I rate that day as one of the most fun I've had since my first track day. It was just so different and we were lucky it was raining properly the whole day not just intermittently. After my mate crashed out in front of me i was pretty tense but by the third session i relaxed. By the end of the day I managed to get my self a sub 2 minute lap time which I was pretty stoked about