Thread: Singing In The Rain

Singing In The Rain

Looking for some rain tyres.

I realise tyres are a matter of opinion, so I'd like to hear a few opinions or experiences.

"They're all the same" or "I once died while riding on Dunlop wets, but got better" etc

I prefer Metzeler or Pirelli slicks however I reckon that counts for nothing when talking about wets. I'd be appreciative to be proven wrong.

Cheers

Paul

Ive only used bridgys Paul but happy with them. I think they all have their place and give reasonable results all round

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

I've only done one day in proper rain and it was great fun.I was running dunlops wets which I got for free after someone chucked em away on the tyre pile deciding they were to old.

Soft as all hell and I think you could run them with out putting them on the warmers though for peace of mind I wouldn't risk it. I don't have dual temp warmers so went by Stus advice and did 5 minutes on the warmers and then turning them off with the warmers still on the rims to sit about 10 minutes before going out. Lucky enough to have Stu muck around with my suspension to to soften it up.

I had a mate with me who had pirellis wets which were noticeably harder to the touch (cold). He decided not to to put them on the warmers and was on his ass by the entry of turn 3. Almost upright and just fell away from him. Given how hard the pirelli wets were I reckon he would have been fine had he put them on the warmers for a few minutes before going out.

I rate that day as one of the most fun I've had since my first track day. It was just so different and we were lucky it was raining properly the whole day not just intermittently. After my mate crashed out in front of me i was pretty tense but by the third session i relaxed. By the end of the day I managed to get my self a sub 2 minute lap time which I was pretty stoked about
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

I noticed the brand new Pirelli wets a little hard to the touch too. I think it's maybe the release agent?
    A short while on the warmers before the first session of the day seems to do the trick.
    Never tried Dunlops but I've raced the Bridgey wets and I loved them! A fair bit cheaper and VERY confidence inspiring. Knee down all day in the lashing rain!
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Ive not bothered with warmers on the Bridgestone wets. Soft enough and by the time uou go onto the wet track they have cooled considerably anyway

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I noticed the brand new Pirelli wets a little hard to the touch too. I think it's maybe the release agent?
    A short while on the warmers before the first session of the day seems to do the trick.
    Never tried Dunlops but I've raced the Bridgey wets and I loved them! A fair bit cheaper and VERY confidence inspiring. Knee down all day in the lashing rain!
    Owen has to buy special boots for his webbed feet. He can ride in the rain. The Dunlops are very good, no warmers but watch the first lap or two.

Thanks for the info guys. You all get the Bridgey's off Craig White?

Yeah mate

Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    Yeah mate

Thanks Mick,

I was 90% sold on the Pirelli's yesterday. I'm glad I put it to the brains trust before handing over my hard earned.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dunno View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. You all get the Bridgey's off Craig White?
    I stock Bridgestones too. Not the whole range, but V02s and wets
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Speaking of wets, I have a set of new Dunlops that the front is a teeny bit hard for my liking. Would probably soften a bit with some warmth and/or be perfect for track days or as inters. The rear feels fine. $150, or make an offer. I cleaned up yesterday and I need to clear out some unneeded stuff. I have a lot of sets of good used slicks with good life left for track days (Dunlop fronts and V02 rears mostly, some others). $100 a set, ono.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I stock Bridgestones too. Not the whole range, but V02s and wets
    How much for a set of wets Nick?

How much for the Dunlop wets?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunno View Post
    How much for a set of wets Nick?
    $400
    In stock

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    How much for the Dunlop wets?
    Sold them chubb, sorry.

[QUOTE=Marshy;25568]$400
    In stock

Thanks mate. I'll be in touch.

Ridden on Metzler and conti wets and know lots on the dunlop and bridgie wets. Even the continentals were ok, not quite as good as the metzlers as they tore up faster and the front isnt as grippy
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Thread Information