Thread: Pirelli

Pirelli

Has anyone used this tyre?

Pirelli SBK Slick SCX (T1105)

Cant find much info on what its suited for.

Am going to try a Bridgestone V02 medium and a Pirelli rear tyre this weekend at ASBK having ridden Dunlops for many years!

Interested to hear what you think! I've done some testing recently too, but not on the SCX. I notice they've just added the SC1 rear to the homologation list. Awesome 1-race tyre, but no good after a handful of laps, and completely gone in a day or less.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I did two sessions on a Pirelli and had to flip it to do a 3rd. I can't remember if it was a 1 or 2 but remember thinking its not sustainable what ever it was. Great edge grip but silly expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    I did two sessions on a Pirelli and had to flip it to do a 3rd. I can't remember if it was a 1 or 2 but remember thinking its not sustainable what ever it was. Great edge grip but silly expensive.
    That was the new SC1 you tried, according to Brett. I don't think the new SC2 is available here yet, which I reckon is why they have listed an SCX has the 'hard' option on the ASBK homologation list.

So the SCX is classified as a hard tyre Nick?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    So the SCX is classified as a hard tyre Nick?
    Hard/cold tyre. The SC0 is the soft, hot weather tyre, SC1 is a medium, and the SC2 is harder, for cold weather and/or abrasive surfaces. The X is beyond the 2, but I haven't seen a Pirelli compound guide that includes the X. Previously there was only a PI compound, but according to the homologation list, there's a different X compound for other tracks.

For the rears, Pirelli do their compounds like Dunlop. Soft is for hot weather, hard is for cold.

The reverse for the front:

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Hard/cold tyre. The SC0 is the soft, hot weather tyre, SC1 is a medium, and the SC2 is harder, for cold weather and/or abrasive surfaces. The X is beyond the 2, but I haven't seen a Pirelli compound guide that includes the X. Previously there was only a PI compound, but according to the homologation list, there's a different X compound for other tracks.

For the rears, Pirelli do their compounds like Dunlop. Soft is for hot weather, hard is for cold.

The reverse for the front:

Roger! Kinda nice Bridgestone only gives you two choices. Sometimes, less is more!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Roger! Kinda nice Bridgestone only gives you two choices. Sometimes, less is more!
    In this case I think it is Kris, the medium VO 2 I have used from 10 c thru to 40 c and they are good for atleast 1.34's that I know of ( Brad 23) Really good tyre

My mate in the know tells me the SCX is the one for Phillip Island.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    In this case I think it is Kris, the medium VO 2 I have used from 10 c thru to 40 c and they are good for atleast 1.34's that I know of ( Brad 23) Really good tyre
    Give it a crack this weekend!

Kris, I am using Dunlop 886 rear (4) and the French 302 front at the moment only because I know from the superbikes they are good for 30's in the right hands. So I can rule tyres out of the going faster equation. Bridges tones may well be good for 30's to but the best I have heard is 34's because of the limited guys on them.

Hi Steve,

That is the tried and tested combo from last year and I had great results with it but im told the 886 rear is no more! Otherwise that is what id be on

Im very happy with the French 302 so ill stick to that and try the V02 rear for the weekend! T886 isnt on the homologated tyre list for ASBK :(

Thread Information