Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARDC PP 1st April

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Take two of these and call me in the morning:

You know there's a keen buyer interested in your bike, right? I assume you're not responding so you can tell the wife that you're really really trying to sell it, sweetums, but there's nobody interested in it.
    Yep my trick is 4 ibuprofen i threw my back out big time 2 days ago im to sore to go to work but hey the right drug combination will get me on the bike lol

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

So, gates open at 6. Do I need to get there early to grab a garage? Generally I'd there by 550-6 for a rideday anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 is fine

It's a rush to get the preferred 49-50 (or failing that, the 47-48) garages. Then hurry up and wait, while the first bike session slowly comes around.

Can you please save me a spot? I'm on kid school dropoff in the morning, and won't get there until a bit after 9am. Thanks!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I will aim to be there just behind you Luke!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Damm thats early i gotta run out to Tristans before hand to pick some parts up so hopefully before 7ish ill get there.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

There has to be some kind of benefit to insomnia

All good. I was here changing sprockets at 430am

So you found some!!! Coooooool.

So you found some!!! Coooooool.
    Just a front. But should help kick it along....

Any word of if ARDC has listened to the two wheeled masses and has changed to GP?

Or is that wishful thinking still?
    AKA The SV Guy

No.22

Racing St George and Australasian Superbike Championships in 2017 on:

2002 Yellow WeeSV 650

2010 Yamaha R6

Formerly on a Yellow 2000 SV650S (now deceased, thanks to me).

They moved it to the South circuit.

That's a joke by the way. Hopefully anyway.

Are you going to be there tomorrow Steve?

No mate, I'll be there Sunday. It should be a good day thou.

Take two of these and call me in the morning:

You know there's a keen buyer interested in your bike, right? I assume you're not responding so you can tell the wife that you're really really trying to sell it, sweetums, but there's nobody interested in it.
    somewhat true...

painkillers are no help I physically can't change gears down (up) as I can't get enough pressure on the lever bringing it back towards my knee.
    heavy duty clutch in my daily driver hasn't helped the injury

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    somewhat true...

painkillers are no help I physically can't change gears down (up) as I can't get enough pressure on the lever bringing it back towards my knee.
    heavy duty clutch in my daily driver hasn't helped the injury
    Feel sorry for ya man. My dad had to change to an auto recently because of a similar reason.

On the other hand because motorcycle racing wasn't already expensive enough
    http://www.translogicuk.com/powershifters.php
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

And GP circuit it was!!!
    Cheers all had a blast today. I'll be back each mth for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    And GP circuit it was!!!

Ohh.... NOICE!

And GP circuit it was!!!
    Credit to ARDC... they listened to us asking for it, and they went out of their way to accommodate us. They moved the witches hats for each bike session; the cars still did the extended circuit. Bloody good of ARDC

And what a day!!! With help from Rob at Well Sprung, we made a key key key change to finally sort my '15 RSV4. So I rode my Aprilia, Luke's R1M (what a weapon!) and Carlos's 10R (which was a it ordinary, if I'm honest).

The R1M was unreal!! The electronics were great, the power was great (especially the drive out of turns, unlike most other inline fours), the brakes were good, and it handles really nicely. It needs a bit of finessing to get the setup right, but it was pretty darn close straight out of the box.

And my Aprilia was unreal too!! Loved it in the last session, after making the geometry change it desperately needed (my advice to everyone is to get Rob to do a proper setup for you!). So much so I wanna go ride it again on Sunday!

First practice day i have done. Was great how we weren't treated like naughty school kids as per the norm on trackdays. The sessions were long! And hopefully they have now seen the light and are happy to put biies on GP even if the event is full circuit.

Hats off to Krista, or however you spell her name...

Just sent an email. Might be worth a few more....

Hi Krista,

What an awesome day yesterday!! Would you please be so kind as to pass on the collective thanks of all the bike riders for allowing us to run on the GP circuit. We know there was some extra work for the flaggies etc moving witches hats around, and we all really really really really appreciated it!! It was fantastic that you all went out of your way to accommodate us bikes, and we are very grateful. We really feel loved by ARDC these days

I hope you have a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Nick

Great idea Nick. Do you have her email, or just to reception@ardc.com.au?

It's krista.neubeck <at> ardc but I reckon send it to the reception address so it gets more visibility

It's krista.neubeck <at> ardc but I reckon send it to the reception address so it gets more visibility
    Thanks Nick. I will send a email this morning through to ARDC reception.
    Was an excellent day, think one of the best ARDC days I have had in a long time.

Pretty damn good day it was... will definitely do more of them if i have the days off!
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Here's my PB happy for any comments good or bad. I think I was having so much fun I wasn't thinking about much. Lol worked for me.

I'm watching nick on it now. You get sooooooo much more drive out of the corners than I do. I'll be taking 10 and 11 in 3rd next time out and see how it feels

http://youtu.be/WLE_dqqYDTQ

DUDE! nice 44. Your lines need some work tho, easy 2 seconds just by fixing up some lines, apexes etc Can visually see you having to wait in certain places to get back on the gas
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Ta mate, I'm hoping to work on lines with Alex on the 27th. I can see heaps of room for improvement over the next 12mths.

Here's my PB happy for any comments good or bad. I think I was having so much fun I wasn't thinking about much. Lol worked for me.

I'm watching nick on it now. You get sooooooo much more drive out of the corners than I do. I'll be taking 10 and 11 in 3rd next time out and see how it feels

http://youtu.be/WLE_dqqYDTQ

Well done on the PB Plumb, nice work man.

easily improve mate, you are going to have to move your goals alot further away than 42s!
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

I just want to get into red with the big boys....

book in next time hahhahaa, just clean your lines up a touch first!
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Thread Information