Thread: ASBK Rnd 3 support race

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sat mornin I went out an did full practice session, without a hickup ... Bike ran beautiful.
    Started Qualifying, on hte out lap, bike felt like it was losing power intermitently or was surging ... on the first flying lap, bike ran like shit whole lap, started 2nd flyin lap, into T1 bike lost power completely, so most of you prob seen me bike leaned against the inside wall at T2 for the remainder of the session.
    Got bike back to pits and check electrical connections here an there ... (at this point prior to starting the quali session, the fuel light "WAS NOT ON", suggesting I had enough fuel. So, I thought I'd check the fuel level now .... DEAD FUKN EMPTY !! wtf? ... why wasn't the fuel light not on prior to session I'm thinkin. Ok, so I put some fuel in it ... bingo ... she fired up an seemed ok.

Wait for Race 1 ... got the call to start our first race, suited up, helmet on, gloves on, tyre warmers off ... jump on bike ....NOTHING ... WOULDN'T START, NO LIGHTS ON DASH ETC. BUGGER BUGGER!!

By the time the race was over, I'm still trying to chase the electrical gremlins ... Thinking the battery has fried itself, I gave up chasing the fault, believing it was the battery. So, the next morning when i finally get my lazy ass outa bed, I arrive at the track after race 2 had been completed. Checked battery with Multi-meter, and it said it's pumpin out 13.3 amps (amps volts or what ever)

Realizing then, that the negative terminal bolt was lose, seriously lose about to fall off ...

I had bike Dyno'd at C&M Motorcycles Ingleburn, and Craig said he had the whole wiring loom off, so I can put it down to Craig not tightening the negative terminal bolt.
    Put in the Mainline Dyno display Near Craig White, and it ran beautiful ...

my first and only race was the wet race Sunday arvo ... never been on a wet track ever in the 3 yrs i been doing track days and racing, so I didn't know what to expect of the bike or track grips levels in wet conditions, nor did I know far I could lean bike over or where to brake etc etc etc.

I started 2nd last on grid, as the grid marshall said she didn't have my number on her paperwork, which I found weird.

Red lights go out, and I get a flyin start, power wheelie all the way thru first gear, woohoo and made up more than half the field I believe into T1. Ended up finishing 11th or 12th.
    Last edited by Metal-Man; 19-04-2016 at 09:28 PM. Reason: correcting typo's
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Thread Information