Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ASBK Rnd 3 support race

Aaaaaannd... my name is not on the list for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Aaaaaannd... my name is not on the list for whatever reason.
    They discovered your secret, Ed. That you never actually ride!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

hahaha it might be it... I called Shondelle and asked about erm... myself! She said it was strange I wasn't on the list and that she would have to get back to me.

One could say I could use a drink right now as I contemplate all the effort I've put into getting the bike ready over the last week or so, potentially going down the drain

Aaaaaaand... I'm in! Not even enough time to have that drink

Throw the list up guys...

where is this list?

You have received it on your email

yes, everyone check your emails
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Still no garage allocation?

Also, I assumed we'd get passes/tickets via mail... bit last minute if that's the case

It's in the final instructions.... Tickets are picked up from either the race secretary's office on Friday, or the Credentials Box at Gate A from Saturday morning on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed, I've just emailed you the final instructions and the rider list. Two emails, and no the first one isn't for Wakefield Park, despite the subject line.

Thanks Marshy! I'll be there bright and early... are you bringing your stuff on Friday? Just asking cause I might do the same and since the garage is under your name not aure they'll let me lock it.

I'll be there tomorrow, doing the track day.

Oh cool! I'll see you there then... I'm "sick" tomorrow

Oh cool! I'll see you there then... I'm "sick" tomorrow
    yeh right .

The last one! Bwahahaha

Locked and loaded for tomorrow and the weekend! Can't wait!!

Good luck everyone over the weekend!!! Have a blast.

And so it begins.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    And so it begins.....

Have a great weekend, to all that are racing! Weather looks great also 🏻

I'll be there in a few hours to get bike scrutineered
    visit my page:
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au

Just looking at the timing results, looks like everyone is flying!! Sorry I'm not there!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Some flew even higher than others unfortunately... but all in all, great fun even if I'm off the pace!

Then again, after all the time off the bike I'm not complaining! Just makes me wish I had ridden at least a couple of times before the meeting.

was awesome. tis all i can say. Also experienced a night race!! woooooo. lol
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

Had an absolute blast, even though I skipped the last race. Who else ran cameras?

Sneak preview: Race 1 part 1 until red flag
    Last edited by zooker; 22-04-2016 at 04:40 PM.

So much more light than what I got from behind my dark visor!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-52 View Post

Carl my friend there's a nasty rumor going around that you purchase Two engines (R6)from a gentlemen who is currently selling three other engine (facebook)made to the same spec that aren't permit to be run in either ASBK or St george.....Care to comment?

+1!!!

I desperately need to get some rhythm back... I was that out of it I was even having to remind myself to breathe during the race.

Obviously no PBs for me this time, but I reckon I would have gotten a lot closer on the 2nd race had I finished it but it wasn't to be... Also probably not the best round to make a come back seeing how fast you kids are these days but I'm happy I did all the same!!!!

Bahahaha i wish. I wouldnt have come 3rd in the speedtraps if that was the case! plus id probably have looped it in the rain. could really do with another bunch of hp makes passing easy as.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

If i could afford two engines i wouldnt be running old tyres all the time
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Race 1 - Part 2

Last edited by zooker; 22-04-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Hahahahaha Carl !!! Bought 2 engines ! hahahaha i have seen his bank account..... noooooooo and no I didnt either ! thought about it for a bit mind now if they had been 640's no problem
    Last edited by Stu23; 19-04-2016 at 09:12 AM.

I heard you raced on all three engines strapped together and painted fluro....
    Care to discuss?
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

that would be awesome hahaha loooong wheelbase or really really wide hehehe

hey if i wanted to play games id just chuck this uni r6 engine in. As i was talking to the guy who built Ant West's Wss bike for pi, he confirmed the comp numbers i was after and the other little bits i was looking at to make this thing run awesome. Shame it would only last a race if I took it to the track in the bike.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

yes but at north of 140 bhp it would be soo much fun

Is the starting grid now three abreast?
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Is the starting grid now three abreast?
    ASBK thing I guess... I did appreciate the space even if it meant starting even further back

only at asbk events mick
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Major Sponsor:

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    Hahahahaha Carl !!! Bought 2 engines ! hahahaha i have seen his bank account..... noooooooo and no I didnt either ! thought about it for a bit mind now if they had been 640's no problem
    You just haven't got your statement yet.

ASBK thing I guess... I did appreciate the space even if it meant starting even further back
    only at asbk events mick
    Whats the general consensus? Seems a fair bit safer. Watching your bike bog down after that mis-shift definitely had me tense up a bit there Carl!
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Sat mornin I went out an did full practice session, without a hickup ... Bike ran beautiful.
    Started Qualifying, on hte out lap, bike felt like it was losing power intermitently or was surging ... on the first flying lap, bike ran like shit whole lap, started 2nd flyin lap, into T1 bike lost power completely, so most of you prob seen me bike leaned against the inside wall at T2 for the remainder of the session.
    Got bike back to pits and check electrical connections here an there ... (at this point prior to starting the quali session, the fuel light "WAS NOT ON", suggesting I had enough fuel. So, I thought I'd check the fuel level now .... DEAD FUKN EMPTY !! wtf? ... why wasn't the fuel light not on prior to session I'm thinkin. Ok, so I put some fuel in it ... bingo ... she fired up an seemed ok.

Wait for Race 1 ... got the call to start our first race, suited up, helmet on, gloves on, tyre warmers off ... jump on bike ....NOTHING ... WOULDN'T START, NO LIGHTS ON DASH ETC. BUGGER BUGGER!!

By the time the race was over, I'm still trying to chase the electrical gremlins ... Thinking the battery has fried itself, I gave up chasing the fault, believing it was the battery. So, the next morning when i finally get my lazy ass outa bed, I arrive at the track after race 2 had been completed. Checked battery with Multi-meter, and it said it's pumpin out 13.3 amps (amps volts or what ever)

Realizing then, that the negative terminal bolt was lose, seriously lose about to fall off ...

I had bike Dyno'd at C&M Motorcycles Ingleburn, and Craig said he had the whole wiring loom off, so I can put it down to Craig not tightening the negative terminal bolt.
    Put in the Mainline Dyno display Near Craig White, and it ran beautiful ...

my first and only race was the wet race Sunday arvo ... never been on a wet track ever in the 3 yrs i been doing track days and racing, so I didn't know what to expect of the bike or track grips levels in wet conditions, nor did I know far I could lean bike over or where to brake etc etc etc.

I started 2nd last on grid, as the grid marshall said she didn't have my number on her paperwork, which I found weird.

Red lights go out, and I get a flyin start, power wheelie all the way thru first gear, woohoo and made up more than half the field I believe into T1. Ended up finishing 11th or 12th.
    Last edited by Metal-Man; 19-04-2016 at 08:28 PM. Reason: correcting typo's
    visit my page:

Does anyone have the final race videos available? ... wet race on Sunday
    visit my page:

Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post
    Race 1 - Part 2
    Great riding, mate! Not easy keeping up with the newer bikes on the straight though

Seen so many people run out of fuel. I just keep mine topped up near full. One less thing that can go wrong and gives me a buffer if I forget to fill up haha (done that before and remembered on the starting grid).

Vid from Race 2:
    Last edited by zooker; 20-04-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Well, Shippy was telling me about using the whole track and etc but I didn't quite get the dimension of what he meant till I watched him around T5/6/7 on the video above hahaha Good stuff!

Ok, it's not pretty I'll admit that first hand... but in saying that, I also welcome any comments/tips/flames that you may have on my riding in the video below! Not my finest hour and I struggled with T4/5 all weekend. Some of it came from not riding for so long but then again it's not like I was super fast before. Still not too sad considering I wasn't too far from my previous PB and I didn't crash. That's always a big plus in my book!

So here you go, from the start till gear lever rod thingy gave up the ghost on the way to T8

Must be something about T8. I had my shift linkage drop off coming into there at my last track day

Thread Information